What did you do to your JK today?

I'm so jealous of @Speartip 's pictures. Amazing. I'll eat Elk over cow any day! My father-in-law harvested a few Elk last year and gave us 60lbs of meat 🤤

Had to do some googling as didn’t realize the elk population was wiped out in Ont by settlers during the 1800’s.
Currently the elk population is about 72 000. Half located in BC.
440 elk were trucked to
Ont ifrom Alberta early 2000’s to repopulate the province .
There are concerns right now the efforts may fail .
Have had elk a couple times .
Tender & tasty . Many do prefer over beef . Just not as widely available as beef . But its available for purchase .
Going to pick some up in next couple weeks :)
Glad you guys like the pics .
It really is quite amazing in back country on the Island and throughout BC.

All Ok. The Elk population is doing well east of here in the Ontario MNRF unit Bancroft .

Reactions: Speartip
Not yet. It is scheduled to go back in tomorrow morning for the removal of the valve cover to diagnose the actual problem. I’ll post once I find out the scoop 😃

Okay @BLACKJKU verdict is in. Service contract has agreed to pay the repairs, which are just under 5K, includes all new 4 camshafts, all new lifters, they also found the oil housing starting to leak so it’s being replaced with an upgrade aluminum one (I didn’t ask what brand). There are a couple of minor items not covered and with the deductible I’ll be out $500. The company did require pictures of the cams, lifters, oil change history etc. This is one reason I’ve decided to take the Jeep in for maintenance when under warranty/ contract as I know they keep the records. The mechanic is an independent shop, not a dealer. We’ve been going there for routine stuff for about 25 years. Anyways I said Praise the Lord. The mechanic said he was surprised they covered it since it was so close to the warranty being over. Well that is the update and so far that decision to get the extended contract through the credit union was a great one. The think they can be done by Friday.

Okay @BLACKJKU verdict is in. Service contract has agreed to pay the repairs, which are just under 5K, includes all new 4 camshafts, all new lifters, they also found the oil housing starting to leak so it’s being replaced with an upgrade aluminum one (I didn’t ask what brand). There are a couple of minor items not covered and with the deductible I’ll be out $500. The company did require pictures of the cams, lifters, oil change history etc. This is one reason I’ve decided to take the Jeep in for maintenance when under warranty/ contract as I know they keep the records. The mechanic is an independent shop, not a dealer. We’ve been going there for routine stuff for about 25 years. Anyways I said Praise the Lord. The mechanic said he was surprised they covered it since it was so close to the warranty being over. Well that is the update and so far that decision to get the extended contract through the credit union was a great one. The think they can be done by Friday.

Congrats @Danarch that's great news!!

What happened to @Dirty Dog ? I don’t think I’ve seen a post from him in a while?

I'm still around. I've been less active, in part because I had a stroke July 11th. The radiation I took for throat cancer cooked my internal carotid on that side and it closed off. I had to have a stent placed.
Here's your PSA... learn to recognize the signs of a stroke. 87% of all strokes are ischemic. Arteries narrow over your lifetime, and when a clot hits the stricture, blood flow stops, and you have a stroke. Thrombolytic drugs (TNK, TPA, etc), the so called "clot busters", have an excellent chance to reverse the stroke. I've seen studies with numbers as high as 75%. 6% of people do develop a bleed. Most common is a minor GI bleed, but some do have intracranial bleeds. On the other hand, if you don't get the thrombolytics, there is a virtually 100% chance that you're going to have some long term deficits.
The kicker is that effectiveness of treatment is directly linked to elapsed time since onset of symptoms. The longer it takes to get treated, the less symptom reversal you're likely to get.
In my case, I had expressive aphasia (I could understand spoken and written words, but could not speak) and although I didn't have any motor deficits, I had no balance. Between us, Mrs. Dog and I have about 90 years of ER experience, so we knew what was happening and we got to the ER pronto. I had TNK less than an hour after onset of symptoms. And 20 minutes after the drug was given, I was back to normal.
I've seen literally hundreds of people who have had strokes, and it breaks my heart when we ask when symptoms started and we're told "yesterday" or some such. Recognize the symptoms. Don't wait, call 911 NOW.

Hey Dog
That’s scary news . Glad your feeling a bit better .
There are PSA commercials up here talking about warning signs of a stroke .
F. Facial Weakness
A. Arm Weakness
S. Slurred Soeech
T. Time

It’s good intel as you never know . As you said if it ever goes down time is of the essence .
Glad I waited for a response as was thinking of making a smart ass comment .

Reactions: mrjp and Dirty Dog
Congrats @Danarch that's great news!!

Glad it’s all working out @Danarch without you having to give up any vital organs .
I recall if one oil change is missed or goes way long between changes can void the entire power train extended warranty . It’s their way out . As they know people often don’t change oil regularily.
So it’s good you kept paper work for routine maintainance
Let us know how it runs when you get it back :).

I'm still around. I've been less active, in part because I had a stroke July 11th. The radiation I took for throat cancer cooked my internal carotid on that side and it closed off. I had to have a stent placed.
Here's your PSA... learn to recognize the signs of a stroke. 87% of all strokes are ischemic. Arteries narrow over your lifetime, and when a clot hits the stricture, blood flow stops, and you have a stroke. Thrombolytic drugs (TNK, TPA, etc), the so called "clot busters", have an excellent chance to reverse the stroke. I've seen studies with numbers as high as 75%. 6% of people do develop a bleed. Most common is a minor GI bleed, but some do have intracranial bleeds. On the other hand, if you don't get the thrombolytics, there is a virtually 100% chance that you're going to have some long term deficits.
The kicker is that effectiveness of treatment is directly linked to elapsed time since onset of symptoms. The longer it takes to get treated, the less symptom reversal you're likely to get.
In my case, I had expressive aphasia (I could understand spoken and written words, but could not speak) and although I didn't have any motor deficits, I had no balance. Between us, Mrs. Dog and I have about 90 years of ER experience, so we knew what was happening and we got to the ER pronto. I had TNK less than an hour after onset of symptoms. And 20 minutes after the drug was given, I was back to normal.
I've seen literally hundreds of people who have had strokes, and it breaks my heart when we ask when symptoms started and we're told "yesterday" or some such. Recognize the symptoms. Don't wait, call 911 NOW.

@dirtydog sorry to hear the news, but sound like overall you are doing well which is good to hear. It’s odd there are people on here and though I’ll probably never meet any of you just come to recognize some as regulars and then no postings and wonder where they went. This forum is much smaller then the TJ forum so not the same feeling, but there are the regulars and actually do hope to meet a few at a NorCal off road event. The TJ forum is busy, it is hard to keep up on it.

Hey Dog
That’s scary news . Glad your feeling a bit better .
There are PSA commercials up here talking about warning signs of a stroke .
F. Facial Weakness
A. Arm Weakness
S. Slurred Soeech
T. Time

It’s good intel as you never know . As you said if it ever goes down time is of the essence .
Glad I waited for a response as was thinking of making a smart ass comment .

You should never NOT make the smart ass comment.

Glad you're doing ok! Thank you for sharing your knowledge on this... Hopefully that will make a positive impact for someone else!

Check out my new Jeep lol
IMG_8417.jpeg
IMG_8418.jpeg

Installed 1.25 Rough Country body lift. Found out I needed it after my last outing and stuffed a tire.

Attachments

• 20240803_171155.jpg
    20240803_171155.jpg
    928.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 20240803_171118.jpg
    20240803_171118.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 22
  • 20240803_171021.jpg
    20240803_171021.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
  • 20240803_113604.jpg
    20240803_113604.jpg
    945.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 20240728_152029.jpg
    20240728_152029.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
Installed 1.25 Rough Country body lift. Found out I needed it after my last outing and stuffed a tire.

Thanks for posting pics . Was wondering in the past how body lines would look compared to bumpers with a body lift .
At the back you can see where the bumper relief is in the body but looks normal
Turned out really good .
Is it just the 3 main bolts between wheels on each side that have to be taken off . I assume that’s where the lift pucks go ?

Thanks for posting pics . Was wondering in the past how body lines would look compared to bumpers with a body lift .
At the back you can see where the bumper relief is in the body but looks normal
Turned out really good .
Is it just the 3 main bolts between wheels on each side that have to be taken off . I assume that’s where the lift pucks go ?

There are 6 body mounts on each side. 3 under doors, one up front right behind grill and two in the rear, so 12 total. You'll need to press or hammer out factory studs in the mounts to install the replacement bolts for the rough country kit. I used my arbor press for these. Other kits offer pucks that only use the center bolt, but I decided I didn't want that style. Being we wheel alot, I wanted the strength.
The gap is minimal and I like the fact that there is still body tin behind the bumper. I'm not a fan of the open gap. Yeah, I found nobody was showing a direct picture of the gapping on the rear also.
Thanks for compliment on the look.

20240803_175520.jpg

20240803_171105.jpg

20240803_171029.jpg

Beautiful country. My last rum was up off wheeler road here in Oregon.

20240728_152124.jpg

20240728_152121.jpg

20240728_152112.jpg

20240728_150658.jpg

Picked up the wife’s JKU today, service contract is being billed $4,950. Here are few pictures of the camshafts, and one of the rockers. In the one you can see the grove on the side, on the other you can see the wear marks. On the rocker the roller isn’t visible, I think this is worse one, there were a few others that were loose. The new oil cooler is a Dorman 😁
IMG_5887.jpeg

IMG_5885.jpeg
IMG_5886.jpeg