What did you do to your JK today?

Installed all new control arms. Freedom off road adjustables. Set em to factory length right now untill I get the rest of the suspension suspension and steering parts in. Then a total alignment to recenter the axles. Other than the stickers all being the same so they sit wierd when installed I have no complaints. Def took a lot of the wander out of the jeepView attachment 127462View attachment 127463

What kind of bushings ? Rubber or Poly?

Shop installed new head gaskets,. Heads were machined flat .
New throttle body. First replacement defective so had to bring in again
so they could replace . Started going into limp mode.Lightning bolt from hell!!
Replaced #5 injector
New PCV valve .
Running really good now . Going further up the West Coast this weekend to
an area called Port Renfrew . Supposed to be some cool trails up there.

Installed my genright aluminum fenders, OHF front bumper and did the vacuum pump relocation. Still have to do the sway bar flip and obviously reinstall the winch.

Who powder coats aluminum fenders? ME! :ROFLMAO: Sorry, got the lack of and quality of pics...I never seem to take the time while working.

20240709_184318.jpg
20240718_162756.jpg

The wife’s JKU developed a “ticking” noise last Saturday so dropped it off at the shop this morning. Sounds like the famous “tick” (well I assume since I haven’t actually heard the famous tick) but sounds like a cam / lifter tick to me. Have an extended service contract which expires September 4th or something close to that. Waiting to see what happens / is said.

The wife’s JKU developed a “ticking” noise last Saturday so dropped it off at the shop this morning. Sounds like the famous “tick” (well I assume since I haven’t actually heard the famous tick) but sounds like a cam / lifter tick to me. Have an extended service contract which expires September 4th or something close to that. Waiting to see what happens / is said.

They'll say give it a couple more months to see if it goes away.

So my Jeep’s battery decided to die. So put in a new battery today. With the aftermarket lights, GMRS radio, winches etc, took a lot longer then it needed to be as had to disconnect most of them from the terminals and of course I didn’t want to do spent extra time trying not to when it would have been faster to just go ahead and disconnect them in the first place.

Reactions: mrjp and Speartip
So my Jeep’s battery decided to die. So put in a new battery today. With the aftermarket lights, GMRS radio, winches etc, took a lot longer then it needed to be as had to disconnect most of them from the terminals and of course I didn’t want to do spent extra time trying not to when it would have been faster to just go ahead and disconnect them in the first place.
Sounds like it would be smart to get a terminal extender. Or wire them all up to their own separate terminal and connect that to the battery terminal?

Reactions: mrjp and Speartip
They'll say give it a couple more months to see if it goes away.
So the first response was “let it ride and see what happens, not sure worth the cost to chase it down at this point”. I replied “Well maybe I’d be okay with that if it wasn’t for the extended service contract expiring in September and an engine shouldn’t make a ticking noise”. They replied “We didn’t think of the service contract issues, let us check it out more and get back to you”. They called later and said they contacted the service company and they would need me to approve removal of the valve cover to determine the problem and then if a covered component they would cover the repair”. Ended up reading the covered components to them over the phone and they said “well you named the top 5 things it could be so can’t see how it wouldn’t be covered, but can’t look into till next Monday”. So I’ll pick it up and take it back down next week. They said they did a little research and thought they found a class action lawsuit which covered 14-2020 model years for 10 years or 150K. Said thanks for letting me know, but known people replacing or fixing the issue as the class action only covered prior years or didn’t cover this exact issue.
IMG_1172.jpeg

So the first response was “let it ride and see what happens, not sure worth the cost to chase it down at this point”. I replied “Well maybe I’d be okay with that if it wasn’t for the extended service contract expiring in September and an engine shouldn’t make a ticking noise”. They replied “We didn’t think of the service contract issues, let us check it out more and get back to you”. They called later and said they contacted the service company and they would need me to approve removal of the valve cover to determine the problem and then if a covered component they would cover the repair”. Ended up reading the covered components to them over the phone and they said “well you named the top 5 things it could be so can’t see how it wouldn’t be covered, but can’t look into till next Monday”. So I’ll pick it up and take it back down next week. They said they did a little research and thought they found a class action lawsuit which covered 14-2020 model years for 10 years or 150K. Said thanks for letting me know, but known people replacing or fixing the issue as the class action only covered prior years or didn’t cover this exact issue.
View attachment 127628

I’ve read so many issues regarding these “extended service contracts “. It’s like fnnn pulling teeth to have them honour without hassles
Hopefully they repair under warranty and not find some
obscure loop hole .

View attachment 127628

Any updates on this?

Reactions: Speartip and mrjp

Outstanding pics. I have eaten Elk ( not horse LOL) Yet? the late author Hunter S Thompson, and pod cast Rogan really like Elk. They have been re introducing them here in my parts of Ontario. But alast, I am old and rather drive into town for some meat. All Good

Outstanding pics. I have eaten Elk ( not horse LOL) Yet? the late author Hunter S Thompson, and pod cast Rogan really like Elk. They have been re introducing them here in my parts of Ontario. But alast, I am old and rather drive into town for some meat. All Good

I'm so jealous of @Speartip 's pictures. Amazing. I'll eat Elk over cow any day! My father-in-law harvested a few Elk last year and gave us 60lbs of meat 🤤

Had to do some googling as didn’t realize the elk population was wiped out in Ont by settlers during the 1800’s.
Currently the elk population is about 72 000. Half located in BC.
440 elk were trucked to
Ont ifrom Alberta early 2000’s to repopulate the province .
There are concerns right now the efforts may fail .
Have had elk a couple times .
Tender & tasty . Many do prefer over beef . Just not as widely available as beef . But its available for purchase .
Going to pick some up in next couple weeks :)
Glad you guys like the pics .
It really is quite amazing in back country on the Island and throughout BC.