What did you do to your JK today?

Do not take this personal, but that sounds orrible. Was the engine at operating temp? Then again, it could be my Home Brew and laptop.

It would be your lab top .
Judging any real life sound
through a lab top is silly .
To be perfectly honest
@Dirtydog probably worked pretty hard switching out mufflers and took the tine to write up about it . So show a little respect . As it is subjective ax he mentioned
Posting that’s it’s terrible sounding would be like me posting your new bumper install looks like shit . Well , if you got a new bumper .
So think a bit before you tyoe an insult

Last edited:
Not intentionally but while four wheeling backed into a tree and busted the rear window and damage to the hardtop. Those that were with me decided they couldn’t make it up the rock hill and all stayed below. So I had to go up find a spot to turn around and was paying attention to right, left, and trying to turn around and didn‘t realize the tree in the rear! Boy that was a sound when it popped. Still not sure exactly what happend, other then the tree pushed against the rear rack I have and somehow caused the other to break, but the rack is fine other then the marks from the tree. Not bent or anything and the tailgate seems to work fine and not bent.

• Face Palm
  • Sad
Reactions: mrjp and Dirty Dog
Not intentionally but while four wheeling backed into a tree and busted the rear window and damage to the hardtop. Those that were with me decided they couldn’t make it up the rock hill and all stayed below. So I had to go up find a spot to turn around and was paying attention to right, left, and trying to turn around and didn‘t realize the tree in the rear! Boy that was a sound when it popped. Still not sure exactly what happend, other then the tree pushed against the rear rack I have and somehow caused the other to break, but the rack is fine other then the marks from the tree. Not bent or anything and the tailgate seems to work fine and not bent.
Ouch , sorry that happened .
I’ve been in scenarios similar .
Going down a trail and it closes in with small trees and bushes . Havivg to do 10 point turn around . It sucks .
I don’t have a camera but most def want to get front /rear cam as that would help in those situations .
Hopefully not to expensive for a rear window

Reactions: mrjp
Thanks all. Actually I am thinking about what to do. I started an insurance claim, haven’t made one in probably 15 years, and that didn’t even cost them anything since the other was at fault. Anyways wondering about switching out to a soft top if they will process the claim and issue me the money. I like the quiet etc. of a hard top, but a soft top much easier to put down etc. and BestTop has some nice ones.

A few pictures from our trip at Deer Valley yesterday. Was a lot fun. The copper one is mine, the soft-top is my son’s and then the black one with the hard top is my wife’s.

8D525EBD-CDD4-4CB5-9661-1C008C1C8611.jpeg
855D0213-38F0-4C25-8D4D-AE15184D9DB2.jpeg
69CC4885-8E01-4CDE-A279-DA3C920E2F0F.jpeg

Installed Mag Armour today for the first time . Went on easy peasy .
Hit the trail for a few hours into the dark .
With new headlights and cowl pod LED ‘s lights up the trail really well .
So thinking more of taking off light bar . I favour clean lines and don’t really have a use for the light bar now .
Thoughts on taking off light bar would be appreciated :)
7447FA37-3838-4681-98ED-2C10C749098E.jpeg
6A9EEACA-01E1-42ED-A27B-6F5779C1D5BF.jpeg
2A6C5F8E-9C89-4561-ADA1-C6D67D22154B.jpeg
8C8FDD44-085A-4575-8996-199C77A439C0.jpeg
3642CE32-158F-4F03-ABBA-235BB28D5FEA.jpeg
AECB1148-5E36-41B5-B677-B0000C22E9B1.jpeg
E34CC69E-13DD-4305-8793-B22FDF50FC24.jpeg
33F1EF93-2C42-4EE7-9240-65BDF53DB29E.jpeg
3C3B7DAE-701F-4FED-B129-71AD6B81EDFD.jpeg
5D139FF8-DF5C-43E5-9BBB-ED924568A743.jpeg
1C38987E-AF4D-43D3-B6C5-FFC6B9173350.jpeg
8193DF71-D3F2-49F9-B3AA-886000A5AABB.jpeg

So thinking more of taking off light bar . I favour clean lines and don’t really have a use for the light bar now .
Thoughts on taking off light bar would be appreciated :)View attachment 122759View attachment 122760View attachment 122761View attachment 122762View attachment 122763View attachment 122764View attachment 122765View attachment 122766View attachment 122767View attachment 122768View attachment 122769View attachment 122770
I would take it off, that’s my vote.

Thoughts on taking off light bar would be appreciated :)View attachment 122759View attachment 122760View attachment 122761View attachment 122762View attachment 122763View attachment 122764View attachment 122765View attachment 122766View attachment 122767View attachment 122768View attachment 122769View attachment 122770
Where do you get the mag armor?

Reactions: Speartip
Looks good! I guess it depends on how much night off-roading you do. I think I prefer them off and try and come up with lighting another way. My jeep came with the lights and I’ve yet to use them.

Looks good! I guess it depends on how much night off-roading you do. I think I prefer them off and try and come up with lighting another way. My jeep came with the lights and I’ve yet to use them.
Thank you sir. I don't purposely go wheeling at night.
With the shorter daylight in the fall & winter it happens .
So going to get rid of lightbar . Looking more closely at install .
PO has cowl lights mounted to the bottom end end of lightbar
bracket so will have to order a set of brackets like the pic below
to mount cowl lights .
Also going to get more powerful LED Fog lights .
With JSCAN will setup so fogs stay on with hi beam.
With more powerful Fogs it will have i bit more punch
threw the darkness.
IMG_2277.PNG

Last edited:
I noticed your cowl lights . I guess since I'm changing things up a bit
maybe change cowl lights as well.I noticed you have some larger
ones . May I ask what they are and are they bright ?

Reactions: Dirty Dog
Thank you sir. I don't purposely go wheeling at night. With the shorter daylight in the fall & winter it happens .So going to get rid of lightbar . Looking more closely at install . PO has cowl lights mounted
to the bottom end end of lightbar bracket so will have to order a set of brackets to mount
cowl lights .
Also going to get more powerful LED Fog lights . With JSCAN will setup so fogs stay on with hi beam.
With more powerful Fogs it will have i bit more punch threw the darkness.
View attachment 122774
I do not either, but they can come in handy. Years ago, before GPS, cell phone etc. we went wheeling in my YJ, did a “one more time” got stuck and took a while to get unstuck. The sun went down, the fuel gauge was going down and I would have given a lot to have additional lighting. We made a wrong turn somewhere, woods look so different at night. We managed to land a dirt road which lead to a residential area and got out of there.

I'm of the belief that you can never have too much light. But that's a personal quirk. It may well be a carry-over from cave diving, an activity that universally agrees with that sentiment.