What did you do to your JK today?

Got around to replacing the burned out light for my shifter. Replaced it with a T5 white led bulb. It was just a tad too wide. Nothing the ol' grinder couldn't shave off. Works perfectly! Also Replaced the overhead lights with red leds.

20221012_150940.jpg

20221012_150352.jpg

We live 3 miles from Lake Pueblo State Park. Not only is a nice area, it's often faster to drive through the park to get to where a couple of our kids live. So I installed an annual parks pass. Standard equipment on all our vehicles. Yes, I know. March is not a year. That's because this is a replacement sticker for the one that we bought in March for the Chevy Colorado I sold to buy the Wrangler.
IMG_5527.JPG

And since I like music, and nine year old OEM speakers aren't stellar performers, I replaced the speakers in the soundbar with a pair of Rockford Fosgate Punch 3-way speakers. Why did I only replace the ones in the soundbar? Because I am going to need to take the dash apart to get to the ones in the front. And to install a biometric holster. And to replace the rearview mirror with a screen. So rather than take it apart three times, I'm going to do all of those at the same time.
IMG_5516.JPG

Today, I replaced the graying plastic door handles with much nicer aluminum handles.
IMG_5529.JPG IMG_5543.JPG

While I was doing this, the Amazon man came to visit. He does that a lot. A couple weeks ago, we had a day with no deliveries, and he dropped by just to see if we were OK...

This is what he dropped off.
IMG_5550.JPG IMG_5551.JPG

So I'll be doing more stuff...

Ready to install the new console/shifter LED, finish the rear plate install (new frame and bolts), and re-attach the dash/center bezel because it appears that I didn't get all of the clips inserted correctly during my recent radio upgrade.
Tomorrow is the Gorilla Glass windshield install, then it's off for a road trip to the mountains for a few days.

And since I like music, and nine year old OEM speakers aren't stellar performers, I replaced the speakers in the soundbar with a pair of Rockford Fosgate Punch 3-way speakers. Why did I only replace the ones in the soundbar? Because I am going to need to take the dash apart to get to the ones in the front. And to install a biometric holster. And to replace the rearview mirror with a screen. So rather than take it apart three times, I'm going to do all of those at the same time.
View attachment 122585
I installed those same speakers- much better sound. You may have issues mounting them as the OEM speaker has external screws (outside the diameter of the grill).
I got a pair of these and made it a 10 minute swap:
1665867332466.png

Removed the Weathertech hood deflector (was cracked and starting to look its age of 6 years).
Removed, wire brushed and repainted and plastic-coated my grill screen.
And I replaced the weatherstripping around the corners and edges of the freedom tops.

Need to do my headlights, the lenses are starting to fog- any of you guys have a recommended kit or method?

Last edited:
Removed the Weathertech hood deflector (was cracked and starting to look its age of 6 years).
Removed, wire brushed and repainted and plastic-coated my grill screen.

Need to do my headlights, the lenses are starting to fog- any of you guys have a recommended kit or method?
Depends on how bad they are... if they're just starting, all you really need is some rubbing compound (or toothpaste, even) and a buffing wheel. You can get those at Walmart. I cleaned up a set for a neighbor recently that was really bad. I got THIS and spent about 30 minutes to do both. It's not a show car, so I did not remove them, I just taped off the paint around the corners. $30 for a two-pack, and I only used one.

Nice. I had no issues. I've got a drill. :)
The aluminum rings used with the stock speakers didn't fit with the Rockfords, so I ordered these and they fit perfectly up into the original opening.
I want to do the dash speakers with the same Rockfords, but those look like they take a lot of DIY work to get them right in the same opening. I'll do the rear subwoofer delete if I ever get around to the dash speakers.

The aluminum rings used with the stock speakers didn't fit with the Rockfords, so I ordered these and they fit perfectly up into the original opening.
I want to do the dash speakers with the same Rockfords, but those look like they take a lot of DIY work to get them right in the same opening. I'll do the rear subwoofer delete if I ever get around to the dash speakers.
I held the new speaker in the hole and used it as a template. Drilled some holes and screwed it in. They're fairly well centered, but I'm sure not perfectly. But they're covered by the OEM covers, so you'd never know.
I ordered a set of those adapters today. I've got another pair of the speakers for the dash, and I thought they might help. If not, I'll eventually be doing the same upgrades on her '11, so I'll use them for her soundbar, if nothing else.

Reactions: mrjp and Speartip
Nice day today, and I spent most of it in the garage.
I swapped out the dome and license plate lights in both Jeeps for LEDs.
IMG_5564.JPG

I removed my third brake light and put one behind the spare tire.
IMG_5588.JPG

I swapped my review mirror for a screen.
IMG_5589.JPG

I swapped on an Angry Birds grill.
IMG_5591.JPG

Productive day, overall.