What did you do to your JK today?

I'm of the belief that you can never have too much light. But that's a personal quirk. It may well be a carry-over from cave diving, an activity that universally agrees with that sentiment.
Yeah , me too but the light bar esthically just doesn't
do it for me . It's a subjective thing . I really prefer cleaner
lines . The PO had put it on .
I fig if I'm able to achieve similar brightness with headlights,
cowl pods and fogs would prefer that .

I use my lightbar almost every camping/overland trip. I end up rolling into camp after dark and it puts out a ton of light which is great. Buuuut it came on the jeep when I bought it and KC sent me out a new on a few years ago because the previous lens yellowed. This one is waaay quieter than the previous model due to silencers being built in on the fins. I’ve contemplated taking it off. I do like the armor the brackets give to the window frame from branches and what not. If were in the market for lighting, I probably wouldn’t do a light bar. Speartip, yours sits really tall, don’t know if I have seen one like that before.

34C4D453-B9A0-47FF-AF23-D231B3530B6A.jpeg

When I was googling yesterday trying to figure if the 3 screws that
hold lightbar bracket to pillar are stock . They are . I came across pillar
armour cause your right the lightbar bracket does protect the pillar
from branches . See pic below for pillar armour .
It does sit high compared to most . It's because you can mount 2 light
bars on it . Second lightbar is stepped down .
IMG_2278.PNG

When I was googling yesterday trying to figure if the 3 screws that
hold lightbar bracket to pillar are stock . They are . I came across pillar
armour cause your right the lightbar bracket does protect the pillar
from branches . See pic below for pillar armour .
It does sit high compared to most . It's because you can mount 2 light
bars on it . Second lightbar is stepped down . View attachment 122780
Gotcha. That’s cool they make just the armor!

Looks good, are they easy to cut?
Very easy. I used shears, I know what's wrong with this guy, lol, I don't have a dremel or small grinder, so the shears were next in line. With the shears I had better control of my cuts and left enough to sand down to shape it. The liners are easy to cut as well with the shears.

Buddy of mine had a set of stock flares/liners laying around, so I decided to cut them into flat flares, very easy to do plus its free.

View attachment 122791View attachment 122792View attachment 122793View attachment 122794
Very easy. I used shears, I know what's wrong with this guy, lol, I don't have a dremel or small grinder, so the shears were next in line. With the shears I had better control of my cuts and left enough to sand down to shape it. The liners are easy to cut as well with the shears.

Nice job brother

I’ve been wondering about an option like that. Would need to be skilled enough to cut the fenders and allow enough room to mount the light.
Maybe look for a light that can be easily flush mounted to the flat part of the fender and not along the edge... ??
I'll even bet that you could get away with a 6" strip of amber LED on the underside, at the front, outer edge of the fender.
It would be almost invisible until it lights up.

I'll even bet that you could get away with a 6" strip of amber LED on the underside, at the front, outer edge of the fender.
It would be almost invisible until it lights up.
I think I like that concept. I think the light just needs to be visible. Would need to come up with a mounting option, setting in silicone actually seems to be an idea. Used to stick stuff on semi-trailers with silicone all the time. Of course maybe a JB Weld product might be a better option.

Looks great! I’ve thought about doing the same thing but 1. in CA we are supposed to have the marker lights on the front side fender area. 2. Might screw up and then where would I be???🤪

These are easy...and cheap...I used these on my TJ...just wish they had a high/low two circuit model for turn signals/trim. I just installed two per side.

Reactions: Dirty Dog
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler JK Forum may be compensated.
Looks great! I’ve thought about doing the same thing but 1. in CA we are supposed to have the marker lights on the front side fender area. 2. Might screw up and then where would I be???🤪
LED strips mounted on the metal, above or below the flare. I'd probably either mount them under the flare, or route the wire down through there to conceal the hole. Put in a rubber grommet and it'll look neat and clean.

Alternatively, I bought some 1/4" LED bulbs on Amazon. Drill a tiny hole, snap them into place and connect two wires.

If the law doesn't specify an exact location, you could also get LED badges.

Reactions: Speartip and Lxxtsy