What did you do to your JK today?

Getting a new winch plate for the rollers
Screenshot_20240321-181701_Photos.jpg

So yesterday I drove 35 miles in torrential rain to pick up my granddaughter we get back in vaffanculo and the automatic transmission shifter cable came unattached from the tranny keep in mind her house is on a hill and the driver's side of the jeep was against the curb and water was coming down the street like a waterfall about 3 inches of constant ice cold water I climbed under the jeep on the passenger side in that rushing water locating the cable after about 15 minutes in this extremely tight area to work in the bushing was completely gone from the cable my flashlight battery was getting dim now it's about 45 minutes I been under the jeep water rushing through my body I felt like a person who has falling into a swelling creek holding on to a branch for dear life I am beyond drenched..I got back out shaking and shivering like I had cebreyl palsy uncontrollable. Got some zip ties climbed under it again in the rushing water put the cable back into place..I felt like I was one step away from hell. I thanked God for letting me do this and not letting me have a stroke or heart attack seriously from hypothermia im 64 years but in good shape made matters worse becausei am recovering from a spinal fusion a few months ago and pain is chronc. We made it home and still shaking from freezing my granddaughter gave me a smile when she said ,pop pop can fix anything...just a quick tip always carry zip ties

So yesterday I drove 35 miles in torrential rain to pick up my granddaughter we get back in vaffanculo and the automatic transmission shifter cable came unattached from the tranny keep in mind her house is on a hill and the driver's side of the jeep was against the curb and water was coming down the street like a waterfall about 3 inches of constant ice cold water I climbed under the jeep on the passenger side in that rushing water locating the cable after about 15 minutes in this extremely tight area to work in the bushing was completely gone from the cable my flashlight battery was getting dim now it's about 45 minutes I been under the jeep water rushing through my body I felt like a person who has falling into a swelling creek holding on to a branch for dear life I am beyond drenched..I got back out shaking and shivering like I had cebreyl palsy uncontrollable. Got some zip ties climbed under it again in the rushing water put the cable back into place..I felt like I was one step away from hell. I thanked God for letting me do this and not letting me have a stroke or heart attack seriously from hypothermia im 64 years but in good shape made matters worse becausei am recovering from a spinal fusion a few months ago and pain is chronc. We made it home and still shaking from freezing my granddaughter gave me a smile when she said ,pop pop can fix anything...just a quick tip always carry zip ties
Way to go Pop Pop! 😁

They are in my jeeping box, but nit always with me as I only take it when I go jeeping. Great job. Sort of know what it feels like with my son’s transfer case linkage came off in the woods. Dad laying mud, slush, water mud dripping down on me to try and get my hand or something else back there far enough above the skid plate etc. to push it back on to get it back into 2WD. Great job.

I climbed under the jeep on the passenger side in that rushing water locating the cable after about 15 minutes
Sort of know what it feels like with my son’s transfer case linkage came off in the woods. Dad laying mud, slush, water mud dripping down

I need to spend some time under mine this Spring and familiarize myself with the layout, location, etc of all the various parts... This is my first Jeep and you guys have inspired me!

Sounds like an autozone issue employees putting stuff in the wrong box with returns ...I only use autozone for air fresheners and wipers
We don’t have Autozone in Western Canada as far as I know . Possibly in Ontario.
Our main source of parts in person are Lordco, CDN Tire,
Westshore Spring & 4x4 , or dealership so unsure what your talking about .
The retailers here are legit and don’t mess around . But who knows what exactly happened .
The point was to let people know to always check part No on the piece regardless what the box says .

Last edited:
Reactions: vaffanculo
Took the wife’s JK up for Snow Run as volunteer for forest service with our club. Was a nice day.
View attachment 126775View attachment 126776
We have a similar program on the island . Gate access to very remote areas . All they want you to do is report suspicious activity or fires etc .
Great program . Gives forestry and the logging companies extra set of eyes .

Reactions: vaffanculo
I purchased a slightly used 2023 JL Rubicon Winch Bumper with LED fog lights from a guy on Marketplace last week. Yesterday i was able to get the stock bumper removed, winch plate and winch installed, and installed the Rubicon Winch Bumper. Everything was a direct bolt on switching to the new bumper. Only modification I had to do was extend the fog light harness on each side, as the new bumper has the fog lights on the outside of the frame rails. Even the fog light connectors on the new bumper were the same as the JK's connectors. I'm happy with how this turned out.
View attachment 126749
View attachment 126750
Looks great !! So it’s the rear JL that doesn’t fit JK. I knew one of them didn’t fit but couldn’t remember front or bk.
Good intel .
THX

Reactions: Rich1961
Put her in the shop this morning. Probably won't see her for a couple weeks. Started getting the top end tap, probably a lifter, so off we went. Found a highly reputable shop about 35 miles away. They are certified to install Fraser crate engines and offer a 24k warranty on engine work.
Hopefully have a diagnosis by the end of the week.