What did you do to your JK today?

Got the OHF frame chop rear bumper installed, I love it. Always hated the departure angle on JK bumpers, this is nice and tight up against the tub.
20240315_140234.jpg
20240315_140129.jpg

I finished the reassembly and drove it.
No codes or issues so far w/ the original ECU, but I've been here before.

I might have solved it by replacing the oil pressure connector.
I probably avoided untold future problems by replacing the brittle injector plugs while I had it apart.
All I know for sure is that this thing had better start acting right, OR I'M GONNA START SEEING OTHER VEHICLES!

I probably avoided untold future problems by replacing the brittle injector plugs while I had it apart.
All I know for sure is that this thing had better start acting right, OR I'M GONNA START SEEING OTHER VEHICLES!
I really hope you've got it licked! It sounds like you made a lot of progress, too. I almost hate to do this, and take it in the spirit posted, but...

8jfeio.jpg

;)

Best of luck!

Ok, here’s where I’m at now.

First off, ZERO complaints w/ Wrangler Fix.

Cruising along on the freeway and the lightning bolt & CEL illuminated; pulled to shoulder and checked codes.
All of the previous codes were again present.
Cleared the codes and headed towards the next exit.
Codes returned at the stop light so I headed to the nearest parking lot to diagnose.
Cleared codes and checked battery connections as well as the plugs that connect to the ECU, then pointed it towards home.

Made it home w/o any issues.

Literally the only thing I did was jiggle the battery terminals and the 2 ECU plugs to ensure they were tight.

This makes me think the ECU was actually NOT the root cause, and I’m growing very suspicious of the wire harness that connects to the ECU.

I have the weekend to either dig into it more, or get started on the hunt for a new vehicle.
Sorry to hear your having electrical issues . That’s a down side of the wrangler . When electronic bugs appear trying to fig it out without going bat shit crazy

Reactions: WestCoastDan
Replaced radiator and did oil change
IMG_8247.jpeg
IMG_8248.jpeg

Almost had a mishap with oil filter . Oil filter was diff model than what was labeled on the box . At first was thinking possibly same unit just a diff or upgraded part #.
Nope . Phoned retailer and he checked to see if crossed referenced . Nope .
Exchanged for proper filter
Retailer mentioned sometimes guys will take more expensive filter and put in a less expensive box . Like if your that hard up for cash maybe changing oil should be the least of your concerns .
IMG_8249.jpeg

Replaced radiator and did oil change View attachment 126730View attachment 126731

Almost had a mishap with oil filter . Oil filter was diff model than what was labeled on the box . At first was thinking possibly same unit just a diff or upgraded part #.
Nope . Phoned retailer and he checked to see if crossed referenced . Nope .
Exchanged for proper filter
Retailer mentioned sometimes guys will take more expensive filter and put in a less expensive box . Like if your that hard up for cash maybe changing oil should be the least of your concerns . View attachment 126732
Sounds like an autozone issue employees putting stuff in the wrong box with returns ...I only use autozone for air fresheners and wipers

Reactions: run2jeepn
I purchased a slightly used 2023 JL Rubicon Winch Bumper with LED fog lights from a guy on Marketplace last week. Yesterday i was able to get the stock bumper removed, winch plate and winch installed, and installed the Rubicon Winch Bumper. Everything was a direct bolt on switching to the new bumper. Only modification I had to do was extend the fog light harness on each side, as the new bumper has the fog lights on the outside of the frame rails. Even the fog light connectors on the new bumper were the same as the JK's connectors. I'm happy with how this turned out.
Stock Bumper.jpg

Winch and Bumper.jpg

I purchased a slightly used 2023 JL Rubicon Winch Bumper with LED fog lights from a guy on Marketplace last week. Yesterday i was able to get the stock bumper removed, winch plate and winch installed, and installed the Rubicon Winch Bumper. Everything was a direct bolt on switching to the new bumper. Only modification I had to do was extend the fog light harness on each side, as the new bumper has the fog lights on the outside of the frame rails. Even the fog light connectors on the new bumper were the same as the JK's connectors. I'm happy with how this turned out.
View attachment 126749
View attachment 126750
Looks good brother made a big difference 👍..keep upgrading and keep the shinny side up

That looks great!
I actually like it better than mine, but I wont ever put a winch on this vehicle; that upgrade would be better suited on our TJ that still has stock bumpers to play with anyway...