What did you do to your JK today?

I took the module out and disassembled it. Not difficult, but definitely a bit tricky.
Removed all of the fuses, relays, stacked boards and accessed the onboard relays.
R&R'd the relay in question and put it all back together.
Installed it and the damned thing wouldn't start... just cranked and cranked. The starter even remained engaged with the key in the RUN position.
Not good.

Disconnected the battery, pulled all of the cables off and carefully reseated them, then tried again.
Jeep started just fine.

Took it for a quick spin around the block to try the wipers and see if the new relay solved the problem; it didn't.
Still no delayed wiper function, only in low or high setting.
Not that big of a deal, except that when I parked, I noticed that the reverse lights remained on.
Definitely not a problem that I had before.
Played w/ Jscan to reset the ECU, clear codes, etc. and the damned reverse lights will not turn off.
I had to pull the bulbs.
Then I spent some time finding the best rebuild option for our schedule and this damned thing is heading out for a professional rebuild tomorrow.

I dream of the day that everything on this Jeep works as it should.
I have a 6sp, the switch at driver side transmission has to be closed for the back up lamps to come and stay on. In my case I have no operation reverse lights. So it is either the TIPM relay or I have a continuity problem at the trans when I put it into reverse. I am assuming it is the TIPM relay because my horn relay is possessed. Good Luck

Wife took the JK to our local library today. She can not remember Circa 70s piloting. Dash is lit up like a F4 Phantom over Hanoi with all the nanny fuses pulled. Just before getting home another alarm went off to freak her out ( now I have this beast running like a top) it was the low fuel warning. Good Times

Reactions: Speartip
Experienced death wobble for the first time... Probably due to that steering stabilizer I banged up last fall. It only happens after I hit a bump at highway speeds.

Wait until your in a Dodge Ram diesel 3/4 and have DW, happened to me 2 times at the same spot on the road I drive on. Track bar the first time, wheel hub bearing 2 nd time.

You can definitely remove it and see if it wobbles again. If the front end is right you don’t even need one. Be sure to keep a clean pair of shorts with you till u find the source! 😂 🍺🍺
I'll try and see. As of right now; if I release the accelerator when I feel the wobble start, it goes away. If not I'll have to slow right down from 60 to 30-40 mph.

Reactions: BigAL07
Probably gonna need to look a little deeper than the stabilizer. Mine was the drag link🍺🍺
I found that one of the seats of my driver side CV joint is chipped. The whole axle on the inside has a lot of movement. I assume that could probably cause some vibrations.
PXL_20230309_130026691.jpg

Here's what the stabilizer looks like. It still moves both ways but in it's condition probably does nothing.
PXL_20230309_130126968.jpg

Maybe it's finally time for an axle upgrade?

Noticed that one of my rear window covers was missing this morning. I installed the new roof rack a few days ago. Not sure if it came off going down the road, or when opening the glass? The directions were crap so didn't know weather the bracket mounted behind or in front of the hinge. I mounted in front as to not mess with the factory glass hinge location. I'm thinking it's causing interface though. Anyways, the cover is nowhere to be found grrr.

20230311_081709.jpg

I took it for a drive with the stabilizer off and it's a damn scary ride! The slightest bump and I could shake cans of paint with it. I put it back on and it's much better but not perfect.

Mmmmm if the front end is set up properly and no loose ends there should be no problems even with stabalizer off.
I have a feeling you have a worn out component some where .
Track Bar Bushing
Tie Rod or Drag Link end
Bearing/Hub
Ball Joints
Control arm bushing
If your still running stock control arms/ track bar and hardware .
Jeep uses fully threaded bolts on control arms and track bars . Over time those threads act like a file and oval out bushings . That can be enough to cause DW.
When I replaced my track bar it was totally evident the damage to bushings caused by fully threaded bolts
Replaced with 9/16 grade 8
shouldered bolts .