What did you do to your JK today?

Sorry Typo.
Rear Steel Bumper
Gotcha. That can certainly make flush mounting lights more difficult. The liftgate lights would certainly be a viable option, but if you wire them to your backup lights, you're going to make people road rage in the parking lot. :ROFLMAO:
Got a buddy with a plasma cutter? Or a local shop with one that would make the cuts without charging you a couple body parts?

Was
@Speartip, what about a round light? Metal cutting hole saws are not expensive.
Alternatively, you could make the cuts with a die grinder or angle grinder. They wouldn't be the neatest cuts ever made, but if you're careful, the flange on the light will cover the overlap.

Yeah was kinda thinking round flush mount . Going to have to crawl
underneath and have a look where frame rails meet at the bumper .
Can't recall exactly . There is not a ton of real estate for lights on bumper .
Plasma cutter, def good idea. The "point source" of heat shouldn't mess
Up the paint around the cut .
Think would run them off of switch pod. Wouldn't really need much in the
City . I was thinking Off Road backing when dark or for around camp
This is a little out of box thinking . Possibly mount on the inside .
Did a quick check with flashlight shining threw rear window . Even though
tinted I would guess 90 percent of light shone through .
Will do some more testing this weekend . I'm thinking halfway up the window ,
mounted to rear of the canopy/top . The light would be about an inch from the
closed rear glass.
Unmarked cruisers have spots mounted in the interior so should work.
As for backing up or camp don't need 100 yard beam pattern .
Will do a test and report back.
IMG_2255.JPG

Installed a backup camera. Install is very easy and staright forward, couldn't beat the price of the camera.

Roadpower Car Backup Camera Rear View Camera Reverse Camera for Jeep Wrangler Spare Tire Mount 2007-2018 Waterproof Wide Angle Aftermarket Camera Removable Guidelines with OEM Monitor Adapter. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0882S8L3L/?tag=jkforum-20

20221123_133025.jpg

20221123_140637.jpg

20221123_141125.jpg

Was

Yeah was kinda thinking round flush mount . Going to have to crawl
underneath and have a look where frame rails meet at the bumper .
Can't recall exactly . There is not a ton of real estate for lights on bumper .
Plasma cutter, def good idea. The "point source" of heat shouldn't mess
Up the paint around the cut .
Think would run them off of switch pod. Wouldn't really need much in the
City . I was thinking Off Road backing when dark or for around camp
This is a little out of box thinking . Possibly mount on the inside .
Did a quick check with flashlight shining threw rear window . Even though
tinted I would guess 90 percent of light shone through .
Will do some more testing this weekend . I'm thinking halfway up the window ,
mounted to rear of the canopy/top . The light would be about an inch from the
closed rear glass.
Unmarked cruisers have spots mounted in the interior so should work.
As for backing up or camp don't need 100 yard beam pattern .
Will do a test and report back. View attachment 123140
I have seen a lot of spare tire deletes, nobody worries about be in the thick of it with no spare? I like my spare on the back cause it gives me more traction in the snow. My Jk is my first 4x4 (really only 4X3). Back in the day we always had bags of sand in the back of our pickups and RWD cars for the winter here.

Is there any value to the factory navigation unit?
I'm giving some serious thought to the Android radio swap, and don't want this unit sitting on a shelf in my garage for 20 years.
Knowing that someone might find value in it might inspire me to make the swap a bit sooner.
Does it need anything other than the radio and code to put it in a 2013 without navigation?. Wifes radio died. So thinking about one

I have seen a lot of spare tire deletes, nobody worries about be in the thick of it with no spare? I like my spare on the back cause it gives me more traction in the snow. My Jk is my first 4x4 (really only 4X3). Back in the day we always had bags of sand in the back of our pickups and RWD cars for the winter here.
Have a patch repair kit in case. The K02 are 6 ply so pretty tough.
Not to say it can't happen . Been thinking of alternatives lately as eventually my luck will run out.
When building many of the FSR and logging roads the crews had to do a lot of blasting .
The rubble left behind was used for gravel so many a sharp rock on the trails depending
where you are . I've seen 4 tire blow outs this past year on the trails . It's from the rocks .
Three of those were on questionable tires.
Jeep Purists don't read any further . Lol
Never really liked the looks of a big ass tire hanging off the back .

When I lived in Edmonton had a F150. Winter driving had 2 24"x24" x2" concrete patio
slabs/blocks secure in the back of the box. The extra weight worked like a charm, .
Traction never an issue in the Jeep .

@Speartip, what about a round light? Metal cutting hole saws are not expensive.
Alternatively, you could make the cuts with a die grinder or angle grinder. They wouldn't be the neatest cuts ever made, but if you're careful, the flange on the light will cover the overlap.

Found a solution . KC Cyclone V2. Used primarily as rock lights .
600 lumens each . Thin. 2" diameter . Can mount 2 on rear bumper
facing straight back, 2 on the side of bumper facing the ditches.
Will give plenty of dispersed light in the back.
Planning on a couple up the sides, side of front bumper facing ditch.
Maybe a couple along the biottom to really light things up at night.
Attaches with a single bolt in the middle . The wires don't have to exit
sides like pic illustrates. They are designed to also exit out the back side.
IMG_2305.PNG

Does it need anything other than the radio and code to put it in a 2013 without navigation?. Wifes radio died. So thinking about one
Uncertain.
I was able to get the code for our old at unit from my dealer using the serial # on the radio and the VIN.
My cousin hasn’t installed it yet as far as I know

Reactions: Dirty Dog
Personally, I wouldn't bother with an OEM replacement. An aftermarket unit will give you Apple Carplay/Android Auto capability, which means free navigation that is always up to date. Plus streaming music. Plus Sirus. Plus voice control. Plus Siri/Alexa to control your house remotely. Plus (if you leave a dongle plugged in all the time) JScan on a big screen.

But hey, you do you. :)

Bought the wife some BFG 33” KM3 and wheels today for her Sahara. All should be here Monday, so hopefully installed by net weekend. Here is a pic of the wheels.

View attachment 123151
Merry Christmas Mrs Danarch
Nice combo . I looked at KM3 and struggled for awhile K02 or the KM3. Can’t go wrong with either . K02 suited my situation so that’s what I went with . C rated . Hope you went with C rated as well .
The E was on Jeep when I purchased . Terribly rough on gravel roads .

Personally, I wouldn't bother with an OEM replacement. An aftermarket unit will give you Apple Carplay/Android Auto capability, which means free navigation that is always up to date. Plus streaming music. Plus Sirus. Plus voice control. Plus Siri/Alexa to control your house remotely. Plus (if you leave a dongle plugged in all the time) JScan on a big screen.

But hey, you do you. :)
@Dirtydog nailed it
Go after market

Merry Christmas Mrs Danarch
Nice combo . I looked at KM3 and struggled for awhile K02 or the KM3. Can’t go wrong with either . K02 suited my situation so that’s what I went with . C rated . Hope you went with C rated as well .
The E was on Jeep when I purchased . Terribly rough on gravel roads .
She has KO2 now and in snow and rock crawling they just didn‘t seem to work as well as KM3 which I have on mine, but smaller basically a 32”x10” wide. When I was there I was more concerned about getting a wheel she liked that would provide enough offset to clear the suspension etc. and didn’t think about the rating. Started thinking about that last night and they are rated E2, not sure the exact difference between E1 and E2. I may call them Monday and see if they have the 33” in a C rating. I know mine are C1 rated but they are smaller. Not sure how much rider difference there would be as a DD. I’ve warned her that the Jeep will probably handle a different with a more aggressive tire pattern and being about 1 1/12” wide than she currently has.