What did you do to your JK today?

She has KO2 now and in snow and rock crawling they just didn‘t seem to work as well as KM3 which I have on mine, but smaller basically a 32”x10” wide. When I was there I was more concerned about getting a wheel she liked that would provide enough offset to clear the suspension etc. and didn’t think about the rating. Started thinking about that last night and they are rated E2, not sure the exact difference between E1 and E2. I may call them Monday and see if they have the 33” in a C rating. I know mine are C1 rated but they are smaller. Not sure how much rider difference there would be as a DD. I’ve warned her that the Jeep will probably handle a different with a more aggressive tire pattern and being about 1 1/12” wide than she currently has.
BFG E rated tires are 10 ply. More for towing or handling heavy loads .
The C rated tires are 6 ply .
I have 285 70R 17 which is classified as a 33”. Mounted about 32” with 30 lbs of pressure .
If I recall that size wasn’t available in a D . Well for a K02. Maybe D is available for a KM3. But def would go C.
Noticed right away when I got new tires . The C rated tires were much smother . Once I hit the gravel roads is when I really noticed . Night & Day my friend .
I’m assuming the backspacing on the wheels is 4.5”. It does stick the tires out more than stock . About 1 1/2” as you mentioned. Don’t think it effects handling so much but def gives better clearance for lifts, larger tires , and one ton ends mounted on drag link & tie rod .

BFG E rated tires are 10 ply. More for towing or handling heavy loads .
The C rated tires are 6 ply .
I have 285 70R 17 which is classified as a 33”. Mounted about 32” with 30 lbs of pressure .
If I recall that size wasn’t available in a D . Well for a K02. Maybe D is available for a KM3. But def would go C.
Noticed right away when I got new tires . The C rated tires were much smother . Once I hit the gravel roads is when I really noticed . Night & Day my friend .
I’m assuming the backspacing on the wheels is 4.5”. It does stick the tires out more than stock . About 1 1/2” as you mentioned. Don’t think it effects handling so much but def gives better clearance for lifts, larger tires , and one ton ends mounted on drag link & tie rod .
Thanks for the info. Out of curiosity went and checked her KO2 and they are load E rated. The E2 rating at worst case should be at least the same or better ride than the E rated ones.

I had to do this today.
PXL_20221127_170956276.jpg

• Dislike
Reactions: WestCoastDan
I finally ran the trigger wire and the output from the relay/fuse to the rear bumper lights.
Now they shine when wanted/needed.
On manually
On in reverse
Off

I’ve got to say that running wire inside the tub in a JKU is easier than any other vehicle I have ever owned.
When you pluck that carpet edge out from under the trim cover, you’ll ask yourself why the carpet feels so flimsy… don’t be alarmed, I t’s to help it dry better than standard carpeting with that thick pad under it.
It also snaps back into place with almost zero effort.

Also added the obligatory Christmas wreaths…

The TJ is wired to the DRL circuit, so it goes off within a minute after turning off the key. Stays off while cranking, and only works if the battery voltage is above 12.5 or something like that.

The JKU is wired in place of the front camera for now.

In an attempt to be different from others, I pulled the trigger power for my switches from the power window circuit, which gives the lights a few minutes of power after the ignition is off, so long as the doors remain closed (& the switch has been engaged).

323C6163-1498-4D0C-8687-E135835E35F4.jpeg

Thanks for the info. Out of curiosity went and checked her KO2 and they are load E rated. The E2 rating at worst case should be at least the same or better ride than the E rated ones.
TBH when you first mentioned E1 vs E2 wasn't sure what the number value
was as never heard of it . Did some googling . It's the max amount of air pressure
recommended for any given tire rating . This is just a general chart from Discount Tire
Individual manufactures may have dif specs for their tires but gives you an
idea. Already running an E ? I'm running factory Rubicon shocks in my Sahara and it
wasn't a good match . Maybe if your on aftermarket shocks so ride isn't as stiff ?
Either way can't go wrong with the C .
IMG_2307.PNG

Reactions: Dirty Dog
TBH when you first mentioned E1 vs E2 wasn't sure what the number value
was as never heard of it . Did some googling . It's the max amount of air pressure
recommended for any given tire rating . This is just a general chart from Discount Tire
Individual manufactures may have dif specs for their tires but gives you an
idea. Already running an E ? I'm running factory Rubicon shocks in my Sahara and it
wasn't a good match . Maybe if your on aftermarket shocks so ride isn't as stiff ?
Either way can't go wrong with the C . View attachment 123168
Her Sahara has the AEV 2.5 lift with Bilstein shocks on it. They just called to let me know everything was in. I did a little research too and the E2 as you noted can run at a lower pressure which in theory is supposed to give more of a “float” fill since they can handle the same load at a lower pressure. The guy at America’s Tire claims with the E2 that they will be closer to a C than a typical E, and they won’t inflate to the same pressure when installing. I figured to keep them since she already has rated E tires on it with the KO2 along based on what the guy said.

Looks great.
I bought a bumper with similar lights for the same reason.
I’m about to complete the wiring for a On-Off-On switch that will allow me to select when they work; automatic on when in reverse, off, on manually.
I can’t wait to be able to see better and for others to be able to see me better.
Also, illuminates tailgaters hoods nicely. I have mine above the tire. Need to revamp it though. The cheapo HF lights don't pivot down quite enough.

Also, I too have the on/off/on SW, and tapped in to the bu wiring but am having a backfeed issue. Need to add a diode or isolate better.

Her Sahara has the AEV 2.5 lift with Bilstein shocks on it. They just called to let me know everything was in. I did a little research too and the E2 as you noted can run at a lower pressure which in theory is supposed to give more of a “float” fill since they can handle the same load at a lower pressure. The guy at America’s Tire claims with the E2 that they will be closer to a C than a typical E, and they won’t inflate to the same pressure when installing. I figured to keep them since she already has rated E tires on it with the KO2 along based on what the guy said.
Ok that is where the diff probably is . You have the AEV springs and the Bilsteins so probably a more forgiving ride
I’m lifting in the spring . 2.5”.
Was planning Teraflex but a few on here really like the AEV so that will be the direction I go . Also like the fact the the Bilstein is valved to go with the AEV springs .
Let us know how you and the Mrs like the KM3. Think it’s the 1st time seen them mentioned on here since I’ve been around .

Ok that is where the diff probably is . You have the AEV springs and the Bilsteins so probably a more forgiving ride
I’m lifting in the spring . 2.5”.
Was planning Teraflex but a few on here really like the AEV so that will be the direction I go . Also like the fact the the Bilstein is valved to go with the AEV springs .
Let us know how you and the Mrs like the KM3. Think it’s the 1st time seen them mentioned on here since I’ve been around .
I have the KM3’s on my Rubicon and love them! They are C rated, but are a LT 255/75R17 so a little smaller than her 33’s will be. Didn‘t have the lift when I bought them.

Here is a write up I did on the AEV 2.5” lift if interested. Nothing special just my opinion of the system after having it installed for a while. Teraflex has good stuff too, the other one seems to be Metalcloak that people are happy with. They happen to be located in my backyard (well about 5 miles from me).

https://wranglerjkforum.net/threads/aev-2-5”-dualsport-review.30711/