What did you do to your JK today?

Nice. There's a nice, calm OHV trail system along the dunes with campsites (sand camps). Tillamook also has OHV trails.
I've stayed at a couple places up there years ago- The Cannery was one, can't remember the other.
Went to the Rose Festival when I was in the Navy- lot of fun going up the Columbia on a 565' Navy cruiser.
Yea there is some dunes by smith river, Calif. they are fun. We might check out the dunes up around Tillamook.

Reactions: Speartip
Washed it Sat . Got it dirty Sunday.
E8BE257E-4869-478C-9359-D551D3F3D712.jpeg
dirty again Sun .
02FE7980-99A1-4A9F-8C9F-96C8A6CA7561.jpeg
06B2179F-4B3A-4372-838E-B34F430FD20F.jpeg
06BEC757-F3FE-42CC-8C66-96E40B1C5605.jpeg
F87A3D9D-DBAF-477D-8562-BF0E49B2F19F.jpeg
67BE458B-D369-4051-B965-69C31C0C8878.jpeg

07D801D8-83C8-4B1D-BDFD-8D8272DE9D74.jpeg

I see you're still playin' on the old loggin' roads
Awesome way to spend a day!!
Yeah that's what we have on the island . Old FSR which can be awesome, washed out everywhere .
Or the old logging roads that seem to go on forever . Find some real fantastic spots when you get far off the main line or main road .

Reactions: mrjp
Reactions: Speartip and mrjp
Is there any value to the factory navigation unit?
I'm giving some serious thought to the Android radio swap, and don't want this unit sitting on a shelf in my garage for 20 years.
Knowing that someone might find value in it might inspire me to make the swap a bit sooner.

I'm giving some serious thought to the Android radio swap, and don't want this unit sitting on a shelf in my garage for 20 years.
Knowing that someone might find value in it might inspire me to make the swap a bit sooner.
You have a 2015 so I imagine the Nav is more up to date than my 2008. My Nav is pretty good considering age. But wouldn't say it's comparable to Google maps which is constantly updating .
It's why Apple CarPlay and Android is such a good idea. Along with messaging and playing music from phone .etc.
I'm replacing my head unit soon but still like dedicated iPad mini for Gaiai maps and as a music server . But will be getting unit with Apple carplay and front/rear cameras.
Was going to chuck mine away as it's probably not worth much .
Your s I really don't know . Maybe $100? If you check eBay or FB Marketplace might be able to see what other's are selling for . Sorry kinda long winded explanation . Lol

It might be worth something to someone out there. They'll need the 4 digit radio security code to use in another Jk.

They'll need the 4 digit radio security code to use in another Jk.
Didn't know that was a thing . So not so easy to swap factory head units . Just out of curiosity and to help out others who may read in the future, Where does one get the code and where is it entered in the replacement head unit ?

After 11 months of ownership finally took it on the beach this weekend. Chauffeured folks all afternoon/evening for the 4th of July festivities. Was pretty great. Also first time off-road, and was impressed by how effective it was in deep/dry sand. Tops off/doors off lead to head-to-toes sand everywhere, but was totally worth it.

IMG_6129.jpg

IMG_6107.jpg

IMG_6177.jpg

Last edited:
I can't wait to get mine in some sand. Going to Jeep week in O.C.M.D. at the end of August