What did you do to your JK today?

Today I replaced the left rear wheel speed sensor. So far all is well no ABS or Traction control lights. Easy fix, OEM part from Rock Auto. I priced them at 2 stealerships, for $75 & $111. Rock Auto was $47 after tax and shipping.

You are correct that spending more doesn’t always give you better .
I come from an audiophile background so know full well not even going to attempt to get the quality of sound I have in the house . It’s worth more than a new Rubicon. It can be a very expensive hobby when you get in deep .
That said the systems that have come in new vehicles the past 10-15 years are pretty good TBH.
Everything new like the JL like you said is integrated with many other systems in the vehicle so upgrading isn’t really even an option on many many new vehicles .
My JK is a 2008. So not integrated with all other vehicle functions .
Happy with the sound . Infinity I think it is . Glitches Off for no reason once & awhile , hence looking at something else with Apple car play for google maps, messaging and another couple apps on the screen would be cool .
Crutchfield sells BOSS . That’s what came up as an option when entered in vehicle info on their site . When the time comes there is a high end Car Audio business here going to talk with and reach out to Crutchfield to see other options .
Really want knob for volume,
Apple car play , front USB & AUX in , front /rear cameras.
As long as current sound quality doesn’t take a hit I would be happy with whatever .
I thought I really wanted nobs and have a decent Pioneer aftermarket system in my TJ with a knob.. I have come to highly prefer the volume buttons of the aftermarket in my JK. The ability to adjust the volume just a bit is much easier with the buttons. I'm sure if I was in some luxury smooth riding car it would be different. I'm in a jeep. Buttons all way for me these days.

Jeeps do tend to have pretty decent sound, great sound if you have the audio package.

In poking around crutchfield I realized I may have been incorrect in earlier statements regarding Boss. It may have been a "Dual" radio in the work vehicle. Whatever it was, it was under $100 touch screen from Walmart. I never expected it to be good, but it was worse than expected.

I thought about that too! Decided to do the black for now. Can you upload a picture of it?
Jeep 7.jpg
Jeep 8.jpg
Jeep 9.jpg

Pulled the trigger on the 10./1" Android head unit.
It should be here on Saturday, so by Sunday afternoon, I'll either have wireless carplay, or a box to return to Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09QXPHBMC/?tag=jkforum-20
Let us know how it goes.

That Amazon page is a good example of why I hate shopping there these days. The information on that radio contradicts itself to the point where you don't know what you are getting. That and the fact that I left a job with the post office because of how bad Amazon made that job.

Let us know how it goes.

That Amazon page is a good example of why I hate shopping there these days. The information on that radio contradicts itself to the point where you don't know what you are getting. That and the fact that I left a job with the post office because of how bad Amazon made that job.
My wife was a Letter Carrier in Des Moines Iowa and hated Amazon Sunday.

Reactions: mrjp and MacGuyver
Got the rear axle and bearing removed. Now to take down to get looked at to see if bent, just to check. Also flattened out the skid plate with the new press. Hard to tell from the pictures but it had a pretty good bend in it.
93AE889C-7E33-4609-80A6-DA6BC529C98A.jpeg
9DF64962-43EC-483C-BBBA-3C9CC68ACDDE.jpeg
C1FAD9DF-801F-4E62-8986-4C0F4D72FE85.jpeg