What did you do to your JK today?

I'm going with 4.56 as well when the time comes .
Other than the benefits when wheeling it's my undertanding
it will also help trans stay in overdrive when on the highway .

Reactions: mrjp
E6018B5F-9CD7-494A-BB41-A7CF87A6BC67.jpeg
I did a spare tire delete. I got this one on Amazon (Yzona brand). There are pluses and minuses to all the replacement plates out there. This one preserves the stock flapper valve panel and the brake light is bright. I didn’t move the license plate because I didn’t want mess with the wiring. The wiring is three bare wires and you have connect it to stock wires which was not hard to do. BTW, three wires CAN allow you to hook up the running lights and brake light. I didn’t go through the effort to hook the runny lights … the license plate was on Amazon too. There is no white license plate light. I travel all over, so some states require a third brake light and this mod fills the need. Overall, this a easy task for a Jeep owner who has done other upgrades.

Awesome!! I buy a lot of Cedar from Terminal Forest Products off the island. I hope to get there and see it in person some day.
Ok . An abundance of Cedar & Fir through out BC .
You should . Most of the trails we have in BC are logging roads or Forestry Service Roads
I find most of gnarly trails in deep, way off the beaten path Old logging roads off the main lines that are washed out etc . Those can be fun or the old seldom used forest roads .
If you ever make it up this way . Give me a message . Can def give suggestions or meet up and do some wheeling :)

View attachment 121243I did a spare tire delete. I got this one on Amazon (Yzona brand). There are pluses and minuses to all the replacement plates out there. This one preserves the stock flapper valve panel and the brake light is bright. I didn’t move the license plate because I didn’t want mess with the wiring. The wiring is three bare wires and you have connect it to stock wires which was not hard to do. BTW, three wires CAN allow you to hook up the running lights and brake light. I didn’t go through the effort to hook the runny lights … the license plate was on Amazon too. There is no white license plate light. I travel all over, so some states require a third brake light and this mod fills the need. Overall, this a easy task for a Jeep owner who has done other upgrades.

I have what looks like the same one. Well same plates anyway.
The brand I have is Kenroc. Your paint looks textured where
mine is smooth . Also diff style light .
I ran my wires threw the flapper vent. Actually replaced the
flapper vent as well. All the flappers were gone . Was wondering why
the back filled with dust during wheeling . Haha
IMG_2212.JPG

I have what looks like the same one. Well same plates anyway.
The brand I have is Kenroc. Your paint looks textured where
mine is smooth . Also diff style light .
I ran my wires threw the flapper vent. Actually replaced the
flapper vent as well. All the flappers were gone . Was wondering why
the back filled with dust during wheeling . HahaView attachment 121248
Where do you keep the spare?

Reactions: Blue Jeep JK
Some deferred maintenance today:
  • touching up all the white dings on the edges of the freedom panels
  • touched up the powdercoat on the roof rack where I took a rock (better there than the windshield 'cuz another foot lower and it's right at my head)
  • replaced the dry-rotted front rollbar grab handles
  • checked fluids, wiper blades and tire pressures

Reactions: mrjp and Largehit71
Where do you keep the spare?
In the city I don't .
Wheeling I have a puncture kit and a smaller
size spare I throw in the back.
The K02's I'm running are C class so
6 ply. Pretty durable .
I am planning some longer trips to Colorado
and another trip to Utah. It all depends how
badly the COVID numbers are . And now
possibly the Monkey Pox maybe an issue
It's like are you ffnnn kidding me ?
Whenever I do those trips going to go with a
bumper spare carrier or possibly a low profile roof top carrier
with an awning for chilling out . Not sure yet .
I've never been a big fan of the tire hanging off
the back. Prefer the clean lines. Yeah I know many
purists like the iconic look and safety of the jeep
with the tire on the back. I get it. It's something
I never really liked TBH. No disrespect to those that
do. It's subjective .

Replaced the rear axle shafts.
Only reason it was needed? Bent flange!

I will say I am really questioning the “seal replacement” I had done at a local shop. Looks like they might have just pulled the shafts, slapped a bunch of RTV on it and called it a day. Very suspicious of a reputable shop to leave RTV all over new bearings and seals.

Regardless, new shafts from Factory10 are in. Next up, ball joint’s.

Its very difficult to find a reputable shop that consistantly does quality work .
I do most everything myself but will need a shop for new gears.
Zero experience in doing that . So been looking around a bit
I feel for you . Your jeep looks great . Glad you were able get new shafts
installed without to much of hassle. Except for scraping old excessive sealer
off of everything .

I have the same floor mats !!
Like those seat covers , a lot. Need some new ones so may go with those.
Will see if they have all black.
Good price point for sure! I am happy with them.

For the flooring I put the armorlite in my 14 and then moved the carpet and mats to my 10, a nice upgrade.

Reactions: Speartip
I don’t really need a spare. I’ve gone five years without needing to use a spare. It’s in a storage unit and I’m not worried. I don’t put my Jeep in situations where I’d need to replace a tire. Five years of data point to my low probobility of requiring a change of tire Plus I’m in my late 60s. I just don’t get into many challenging situations. Murphy’s law says I’ll wish I had one next week. You do what works for YOU!
So be it!

Reactions: Speartip
During the "Back the Byway Ride", minor peel back of the factory rear diff cover. HELLO JEEP; Those covers need to be upgraded from factory on the Rubicon package!
New parts arrived, so installed them with some 11-year-old "help". Who knew an 11-year-old knows everything wrong with the jeep...needs to be straight piped, bigger tires because 37" aren't 44", turbo charged so it will black smoke (I didn't know gasoline engines did that LOL), more lights (especially the colored ones), and sooo much more...anyway, I got his hands on some wrenches and some oil under his nails! Oh yeah and a start on my Christmas list. Of course afterward we had to take the long way to get ice cream. You know, by way of the creek!

completed.jpg

factory cover.jpg

o snugging bolts.jpg

open diff case.jpg

parts.jpg

testing.jpg