What did you do to your JK today?

Bumpers are installed.
Not a bad process except the front was a really tight squeeze to tighten up.
No need for the upper “filler”, and haven’t decided anything about the skid plate.
Lights will be connected another day.

D1630CF6-D624-4812-B029-8F94C39B9833.jpeg

67CE0B85-2800-4370-A876-89E4204AF95D.jpeg

Oh no , we all think your a Dirty Dog , haha
Ok so you’ve left your gear plugged in without any problems . Good to know .
Was kinda looking at OBD placement in the Jeep and I could see myself accidentally hitting it with foot when getting out / in . So will probably just take it out when not using . I’m an accidental klutz sometimes .
I wouldn't worry about it. I have a magnet mounted on the panel under the steering column. It holds my gun when I get in, because in my usual carry it's uncomfortable and inaccessible while driving. The top of the slide is against the magnet. I don't kick it getting in and out, so I doubt you'll have any real problem with most of the OBDII bluetooth scanners.

Bumpers are installed.
Not a bad process except the front was a really tight squeeze to tighten up.
No need for the upper “filler”, and haven’t decided anything about the skid plate.
Lights will be connected another day.

View attachment 122458

View attachment 122459
Make sure you have enough space between the top rear edge of the bumper and the grille to remove the grille if necessary. I added about 1/2" worth of spacer to the threaded bolts on the bumper to keep it off the grille a little. You need to pop off the grille to do anything with headlights and/or turn signals.

I added door trim to the cooling fins on the light bars of both Jeeps. It didn't totally stop it, but instead of being loud at 40-45MPH, it doesn't get loud until 60-65MPH. Anybody have suggestions for other things to try?

I also added rear seat grab handles to both Jeeps. The grandkids will thank me.

The right side headlight bucket on the '13 was broken, and allowed the light to wobble. That's annoying. So I replaced the buckets and re-aimed the headlights.

I replaced the antennae with THESE tiny stubby things., but have not had a chance to really see how well they work yet.

With the larger spare, third brake light, and wiper motor, the rearview mirror is essentially useless. And since I have my side mirrors adjusted to eliminate blind spots, they don't show what's directly behind the vehicle. So I've got THIS sitting on my bench. I can't install it just yet, though. It arrives with an adapter to power the system by using your cigarette lighter (which I don't have anyway, having replaced it with a dual Quick Charge USB outlet). Why on earth would anyone run wiring the full length of the vehicle, and then not bother to hardwire it? The company offers a hardwire harness, and will send it to you free, so I am waiting for that.

I'm also waiting for a Vgate iCar Pro so I can try out the JScan people here seem to like.

And I have ordered a Rough Country cold air intake and a Flowmaster Outlaw dual outlet cat-back, but I don't expect to see them for another week.

I added door trim to the cooling fins on the light bars of both Jeeps. It didn't totally stop it, but instead of being loud at 40-45MPH, it doesn't get loud until 60-65MPH. Anybody have suggestions for other things to try?

The right side headlight bucket on the '13 was broken, and allowed the light to wobble. That's annoying. So I replaced the buckets and re-aimed the headlights.

I replaced the antennae with THESE tiny stubby things., but have not had a chance to really see how well they work yet.

With the larger spare, third brake light, and wiper motor, the rearview mirror is essentially useless. And since I have my side mirrors adjusted to eliminate blind spots, they don't show what's directly behind the vehicle. So I've got THIS sitting on my bench. I can't install it just yet, though. It arrives with an adapter to power the system by using your cigarette lighter (which I don't have anyway, having replaced it with a dual Quick Charge USB outlet). Why on earth would anyone run wiring the full length of the vehicle, and then not bother to hardwire it? The company offers a hardwire harness, and will send it to you free, so I am waiting for that.

I'm also waiting for a Vgate iCar Pro so I can try out the JScan people here seem to like.

And I have ordered a Rough Country cold air intake and a Flowmaster Outlaw dual outlet cat-back, but I don't expect to see them for another week.
Thats pretty much what I did for the rearview mirror. Mine just straps to the factory mirror. It works great and has a better view. I wired mine into a spot switch.

Thats pretty much what I did for the rearview mirror. Mine just straps to the factory mirror. It works great and has a better view. I wired mine into a spot switch.
That's how the Wolfbox product mounts as well. I kind of wish it was a total replacement, but it should work. How long have you had yours? Is there an issue with those straps stretching over time? That's my big concern with this mounting method.

Jscan is the real deal .
Just did a brief review .
Easy to use and make adjustments . You won’t be sorry my friend .

I’m running a stubby antenna
It’s ok . It was on the Jeep already but me thinks a longer antenna would give better reception . I don’t listen to radio much so not concerned .
I have music library on iPad so that’s what I listen to mostly .
Let us know the difference .

That's how the Wolfbox product mounts as well. I kind of wish it was a total replacement, but it should work. How long have you had yours? Is there an issue with those straps stretching over time? That's my big concern with this mounting method.
Mine has been installed for about 2 years now and no problems. Straps are holding tight. Mine is a Van Top 12" no longer available.

Jscan is the real deal .
Just did a brief review .
Easy to use and make adjustments . You won’t be sorry my friend .

I’m running a stubby antenna
It’s ok . It was on the Jeep already but me thinks a longer antenna would give better reception . I don’t listen to radio much so not concerned .
I have music library on iPad so that’s what I listen to mostly .
Let us know the difference .
I'll be comparing it (in my own mind, but I'll try to remember to post something here) to the Bulldog GT Platinum that came with the 2013. My plan is to put the stock tune back and do a bit of driving, then do the Bulldog 91 octane tune and do some more. And then see what the JScan has to offer in comparison.

I'm a CarPlay fan. I mostly stream, but I do have some stuff stored on my phone for when I'm in cellular purgatory. My wife listens to the radio more than I do, so I will see what she thinks.

I think a longer antenna is always going to give better reception, but they do have their drawbacks.

Reactions: Speartip
I didn't add any new parts today (though another mod-fest is imminent...). But we did go bouncing a little. Fall in Colorado is amazing. The aspen and scrub oak all change. We did about a 130 mile loop today, some on pavement, some on old Forest Service single tracks. Nothing remotely difficult. I didn't need 4WD, let alone 4L. But the scenery...

APUH8653[1].JPG IMG_1026[1].JPG IMG_1053[1].JPG IMG_1077[1].JPG IMG_1137[1].JPGIMG_1078[1].JPG

Finally got around to making my flag holder over the weekend. Got the hitch holder idea from one I saw online. Made it with a bunch of scrap material I had laying around. The poles are 1" scheduled 40 black pipe. Pole are painted flat black and I powder coated the hitch holder black. I used stainless steel eye bolts to fasten the carabiners and flags onto.

20221010_144223.jpg

Finally got around to making my flag holder over the weekend. Got the hitch holder idea from one I saw online. Made it with a bunch of scrap material I had laying around. The poles are 1" scheduled 40 black pipe. Pole are painted flat black and I powder coated the hitch holder black. I used stainless steel eye bolts to fasten the carabiners and flags onto.

View attachment 122505
When I first read flag holder was thinking of the small high up off road flags .
I was wrong . That’s some pretty serious flagging going on the back of your Jeep.
Looks good !

Reactions: JeepJeezy