What did you do to your JK today?

Top came off... Used the Rollnjack for the first time and it worked perfectly. Sorry, no pics of it in action:

PXL_20240518_180343816.jpg

We leave out Friday for a group ride @ hawk pride off road park. So, why not swap transfer cases from a totaled rubicon into a sport tonight…what could go wrong. :ROFLMAO:
Anyway, good progress and we should finish that job up tomorrow. Now we just have to finish everything else and pack. I love procrastinating….

Reactions: mrjp and tJKrider
Here is one of it performing it's storage function in the garage while levitating the top over the hood. I'll get some more shots in a few days:

View attachment 127304
Here's a few more pics. I added the fifth arm to it for storage although they state that it's only for JKUs. I like the extra stability while it's just resting on it for storage:

PXL_20240523_221119878.jpg
PXL_20240523_221105989.jpg

I moved it around the garage today while working on another project and it felt very stable. Casters roll smoothly and the locks are effective...

I came across a good deal on some JK Rubicon shocks and springs that were removed at around 7k miles. It was too good to pass up so I decided to try it out before investing in something like the AEV 2.5" lift. I added Teraflex 1" spacers to the front to level it out some. Overall I'm very happy with the results. The front came up about 2.5" and the rear a little over 1". I measured about a 1.75" difference front to rear prior to the change. OEM Sahara shocks were trashed so I needed to do something soon anyways. Since everyone says the front passenger side is a pain I started there. Got it done and moved to the driver side. That top nut was cross-threaded and a PITA. It finally snapped the shaft off which was fine with me. I was about to give up and get a cutting tool!

PXL_20240523_164909653.jpg
PXL_20240523_164955648.jpg
PXL_20240523_171036877.jpg
PXL_20240523_221447469.jpg

I forgot to mention that I started out with 14/56 springs from the factory. I swapped to 18/60 springs from a JKU Rubicon.

Ouch! Everyone ok?
Yea, everyone is good. Thank you sir.
We were moving slow and slid off into a ditch, little ole tree decided to catch us. 1 other driver got his passenger quarter panel pushed in and the fender pulled off…but we had a blast. We did moderate and hard trails this year, I am still learning but it is amazing what these things can do if you’re willing to try and don’t mind some scratches.

Edit to say, OHF diff covers and a new front bumper will be ordered tomorrow. The covers took a lot of abuse, it is something I should have thought about sooner.

We were moving slow and slid off into a ditch, little ole tree decided to catch us.
Good to hear that it was a slower maneuver and no one was injured. Sometimes these things can sneak up on you even when you're barely moving. Sounds like you have a great attitude about it, though!

Reactions: 1o1Proof
Added Mammoth Militant 17x9.5 wheels and found out my stock tires would not fit the wider wheel. So had to get new tires too. Luckily Discount gave me a pretty good trade in on my existing tires and a deal on a set of BFG All Terrain KO2's 285/70R17. Have done a few other small bit's and bobs on the interior. Next big step is decide on a moderate lift. I am leaning toward a simple 2 inch lift, maybe, but for now I need to recovery financially.

Image.jpeg

Stubby bumper conversion done and billet hood latches.

Trying to decide if I pull the Cyclopes light bar off the bumper. It was on there when I bought it and it works fine, just not all that jazzed on how it looks.

IMG_8315.jpeg

Reactions: BigAL07
Stubby bumper conversion done and billet hood latches.

Trying to decide if I pull the Cyclopes light bar off the bumper. It was on there when I bought it and it works fine, just not all that jazzed on how it looks.

View attachment 127401
I actually like the bumper, nice work. Personally, I don’t think the light bar fits in with the look you have going.

I actually like the bumper, nice work. Personally, I don’t think the light bar fits in with the look you have going.
Yea, that was what I was thinking too. I am taking it a different direction from the previous owner.

Oh, and thanks on the bumper comment, I much prefer the look of the bumper too. Fixed a ding on one side too. However, once you do this and realize just how paper thin even the metal is under the plastic you will want a whole new heavier setup.

Yea, that was what I was thinking too. I am taking it a different direction from the previous owner.

Oh, and thanks on the bumper comment, I much prefer the look of the bumper too. Fixed a ding on one side too. However, once you do this and realize just how paper thin even the metal is under the plastic you will want a whole new heavier setup.
Agree. I'm not anti-lightbar but this one looks like a total after thought. If you are just going for function it's fine, but if you want somewhat of an integrated aesthetic this isn't it...

Reactions: Ratbikerod