What did you do to your JK today?

Got a few parts out of the pile installed.

S-Tech 6 switch panel, Rigid midnight pods, MCE fenders and OHF inner fenders.
20240301_110535.jpg
20240301_110521.jpg

20240301_110450.jpg

Wife convinced me to take another run at this turd.
Coincidentally, I happened upon a thread from another forum just this morning where someone was going through similar issues w/ their JKU.
A new ECU was suggested as a potential solution and Wranglerfix was the recommended vendor.
Until I saw that post, I had thought they only handled the TJ models.

Anyway, I reached out to him and hopefully he has something reassuring to tell me.

Ironically, the place that I purchased mine from was on the "I wouldn't buy from them" list in that thread. 🤦‍♂️
No worries though, as I was given a full refund on that debacle.
They initially tried to retain $85 as a 'reprogramming fee', but I wasn't having it.
Told them they had a lot of nerve charging me to REprogram a Plug&Play ECU that wasn't programmed to my VIN...

Received the replacement ECU from WranglerFix.
It was packaged well, with appropriate documentation/links to instructions, & the return label for sending them my old unit included.

Install was as easy as described & the vehicle started on the first try.
I still had some codes and the idle seemed a bit high, so I turned it off & restarted it.

Idle returned to expected RPM range but the CEL remained on.

Turned it off and connected to JSCAN.
Ran a check where several codes remained, then cleared the codes & restarted the vehicle.

CEL is now OFF and another scan showed the only codes present are those related to the LED headlights & aftermarket radio.

Seems to run fine, so I’ll be testing it out tonight.

While I’m thrilled with the results thus far, I still don’t have any confidence in the vehicle yet.

It was packaged well, with appropriate documentation/links to instructions, & the return label for sending them my old unit included.

I still had some codes and the idle seemed a bit high, so I turned it off & restarted it.

Ran a check where several codes remained, then cleared the codes & restarted the vehicle.

CEL is now OFF and another scan showed the only codes present are those related to the LED headlights & aftermarket radio.

While I’m thrilled with the results thus far, I still don’t have any confidence in the vehicle yet.
🤞

Good luck.

Reactions: JeepJeezy
I drove it around under various conditions and am happy to report that the patient has survived the procedure and is displaying evidence of a complete recovery.
Thanks, @WranglerFix!

I'm going to take it to the office tomorrow since I need to go in.
At least if it does break down, it won't hurt my feelings to miss work. :ROFLMAO:

Ordered my AEV 2.5" lift today. Looking forward to getting it installed.
Any questions let me know, I’ve installed three of them. Be warned the front shocks are a pain in the butt to install. Also a set of rachet wrenches come in handy. Oh and if you are doing the install yourself the lower CA’s are torqued to somewhere around 125ft lbs (double check) anyways I found the easiest way is to have two 21mm sockets (i think that is the size) and then put one on a breaker bar and let it hit against the concrete. It is a pain to hold the one side with a wrench and the other hand trying to torque it. I’ve also found a good pair of 6-ton jack stands come in handy to raise the jeep high enough to drop the axle to R&R the coils. It ism doable with 3 ton jack stands, just found it easier with the 6 ton stands.

Any questions let me know, I’ve installed three of them. Be warned the front shocks are a pain in the butt to install. Also a set of rachet wrenches come in handy. Oh and if you are doing the install yourself the lower CA’s are torqued to somewhere around 125ft lbs (double check) anyways I found the easiest way is to have two 21mm sockets (i think that is the size) and then put one on a breaker bar and let it hit against the concrete. It is a pain to hold the one side with a wrench and the other hand trying to torque it. I’ve also found a good pair of 6-ton jack stands come in handy to raise the jeep high enough to drop the axle to R&R the coils. It ism doable with 3 ton jack stands, just found it easier with the 6 ton stands.
Thanks for all of the advise, and I'll definitely use it. I do have all the tools you mentioned, including the 6 ton jack stands. It'll be a week or so before all of the kit gets here, as some of the kit is coming directly from AEV.

Thanks for all of the advise, and I'll definitely use it. I do have all the tools you mentioned, including the 6 ton jack stands. It'll be a week or so before all of the kit gets here, as some of the kit is coming directly from AEV.
@Rich1961 that's cool! Please take some before and after pictures. Are you installing the control arm drop brackets too? I am leaning towards this kit myself although I'll probably hold off until we move into our new place...

@Rich1961 that's cool! Please take some before and after pictures. Are you installing the control arm drop brackets too? I am leaning towards this kit myself although I'll probably hold off until we move into our new place...
Yeah I'm really looking forward to this lift. I have some BFG All Terrains 285/17's that a friend gave me from his JL that will go on with the lift. The 33's shouldn't affect the gear ratio much, and I'll run them and see if I want to go to 35"s. But that will need a re-gear so we'll see.

Yes, I did order the geometry correction brackets as it seems to keep the front axle close to where it is setup stock.

I'll definitely post before and after pictures.