What did you do to your JK today?

Judging by what OP said in reference to my comment .
He is using the rock lights to light up around the Jeep when entering and exiting the Jeep .
Hence wiring into done lights .
Good idea if can make it work .
Got it to work! Used a relay and tied it into the floor light under the driver side. Also still have the original switch to use independently of the dome lights if on the trail.

Just the right hood attachment piece. The actual lever latch was still there. Damn kids.

Well upside I guess is whoever didn’t take all the latches etc .
Times sure have changed .
When I was a teen , early 20’s no matter how much you may have detested a guy . Kinda unspoken rule that you never messed with his ride .
When I got windshield replaced about 3 weeks ago . There was another vehicle there that a sludge hammer went to work on the glass and swear words carved in the paint . Basically destroyed the vehicle with vandalism .
Never saw that back in the day .

Reactions: JeepJeezy
It's never ending. So my short commute to work and loose battery clamps caught up to me. It was time to replace the battery too. Let's hope this one can keep up.

20230815_171901.jpg

It's never ending. So my short commute to work and loose battery clamps caught up to me. It was time to replace the battery too. Let's hope this one can keep up.

View attachment 125045
While these clamps will likely work wonders for your multitude of add-on wiring, I’m not a fan of that giant positive terminal that is now exposed to all kinds of potential mishaps.
I wish it was insulated; that would satisfy my OCD.

Reactions: Dirty Dog
Today I finally added the short term roof racks in preparation of our upcoming road trip to Zion.

I call these “short-term” as I don’t intend on using them all that often or for very long.
They are mounted close together for 2 reasons:
1- We will still want to use the Sunrider feature, so attaching them above the front doors is not an option. They have to be mounted as far back as the rain gutters allow.
2- I only plan to carry our recovery box up there, so that it is out of the way and not taking up valuable interior space. It’s a box I hope doesn’t even need to be opened.

IMG_3804.jpeg

IMG_3805.jpeg

IMG_3806.jpeg

IMG_3807.jpeg

Today I finally added the short term roof racks in preparation of our upcoming road trip to Zion.

I call these “short-term” as I don’t intend on using them all that often or for very long.
They are mounted close together for 2 reasons:
1- We will still want to use the Sunrider feature, so attaching them above the front doors is not an option. They have to be mounted as far back as the rain gutters allow.
2- I only plan to carry our recovery box up there, so that it is out of the way and not taking up valuable interior space. It’s a box I hope doesn’t even need to be opened.

View attachment 125095

View attachment 125096

View attachment 125097
View attachment 125099
Dumb question, will the sunrider open / close with the recoverly box on top? Looks like it will protrude over the sunrider?