What did you do to your JK today?

Drove Thor to chemo today and there was a dump truck on the interstate leaking out the bottom of the tail. Got a rock chip. So now I know what I'll have to do next...

Cover yourself in mud & paint black streaks on your face like Arnold did in Predator and go dump truck hunting .
Cans of whoop ass cone in a variety of sizes. I would be thinking Large size can for messing up your Jeep .

• Haha
Reactions: Dirty Dog
Went up to Black Springs area in Calaveras County and did some off roading.
IMG_4990.jpeg
IMG_4989.jpeg
IMG_4987.jpeg
IMG_4985.jpeg
IMG_4983.jpeg
IMG_4984.jpeg

One picture from today.
View attachment 124846

Yes, that's a bear. Yes, the doggos wanted to go play with it. Given that one is a Great Pyrenees and the other two are Pyr mixes, that's not surprising. No, we did not let them do it.
Wild. Looks big, a Blacky? Hard to tell with all this new Photo Tech. Have Dash Cams on all my rides now (not because of Humans) for insurance claims, Acts of God they call it. Black Bear, Moose and White Tail. Gives me a Pico Second of decision ----- hit the game or ditch my Craft? Good Times.

Black Bear, yes. It left the road before we got closer, so that's the best picture I could get. Cool sighting, even if not super close.

Reactions: Speartip
Prepping both for a full day trail tomorrow. Going to load up some of the kids, drop some off to fish at Hermit Lake, keep going up and drop another off at Horseshoe lake so he can climb the summit, then keep going till we reach the summit of Hermit Pass. Turn around, and collect them as we head back down the mountain. It's about 4 hours each way.

Canceled the trail run. Mrs. Dogs jeep popped a seam on the radiator. It's got 195,000 miles on it, so it's done well.

And I see @BigAL07 is back to disliking everything I post. Today, he's disliking posts I made 6 months ago. Seems like a lot of work to go through, but hey, whatever it takes to make you feel good about yourself.
Sorry to hear about the failure.

Reactions: Speartip
It was a fun trail. Yesterday wasn’t bad, especially up there. But the next few days will be in the 100’s with a projected high of 110 on Sunday.

Yikes 110. Getting some pretty high temps in the states
Our temps here in BC are about average but zero rain the last couple months . Probably won’t see any rain till Sept/Oct so to say it’s dry here would be a huge understatement .

Last edited:
One picture from today.
View attachment 124846

Yes, that's a bear. Yes, the doggos wanted to go play with it. Given that one is a Great Pyrenees and the other two are Pyr mixes, that's not surprising. No, we did not let them do it.

It’s always cool to spot a bear on the trail . Saw 3 last year and 1 cougar . They bolt off the trail so fast tough to get a pic .
Non this year so fat . See bear droppings all over the place depending where you are so def around .
Saw a couple deer today but their pretty common .

Last edited:
Canceled the trail run. Mrs. Dogs jeep popped a seam on the radiator. It's got 195,000 miles on it, so it's done well.

And I see @BigAL07 is back to disliking everything I post. Today, he's disliking posts I made 6 months ago. Seems like a lot of work to go through, but hey, whatever it takes to make you feel good about yourself.

Yeah 195 K for a radiator is a very solid life . What are you thinking about for replacement ? OEM ?

Last edited: