What did you do to your JK today?

Helped my son change plugs/wires/coil on his '09.
PXL_20230326_201122086.jpg

I really miss my 258.

I keep a fuel pump relay jumper in the glove box because I do not trust that Crap TIPM. I suspect one day I will have to order a rebuilt from MAKS.

Reactions: Speartip
Received my new rear glass hinge covers. Will put them on tonight to see how they look 👀

View attachment 124010
Dumb question, what are all threw wires for? I had ”assumed” it would just be plastic covers. I guess the main question is one of them tied to the rear window defroster? Curious as the wife has been complaining hers doesn’t work since we got it. Finally took a look at it last weekend and the little circular thingy has broken away from the glass.

Reactions: Speartip
Dumb question, what are all threw wires for? I had ”assumed” it would just be plastic covers. I guess the main question is one of them tied to the rear window defroster? Curious as the wife has been complaining hers doesn’t work since we got it. Finally took a look at it last weekend and the little circular thingy has broken away from the glass.
I think he has some lights in those hinge covers.

The defoggers for the back window are the two wires that come from the top sides of the top on the inside and then connect directly to the glass on either side. None of the store bought fixes seem to work for people, but some videos of people soldering the tabs back on have been popping up lately.

I think he has some lights in those hinge covers.

The defoggers for the back window are the two wires that come from the top sides of the top on the inside and then connect directly to the glass on either side. None of the store bought fixes seem to work for people, but some videos of people soldering the tabs back on have been popping up lately.
Yeah that's what they are. They have lights in them. Didn't realize it until after I ordered them. I may or may not hook them up. My tab is broke off the rear defroster as well. Living here in Florida I don't really need it, so not going to bother with it.

Reactions: mrjp and Speartip
I was wondering same thing .
They also look like like 2 piece design . Interesting

Yeah that's what they are. They have lights in them. Didn't realize it until after I ordered them. I may or may not hook them up. My tab is broke off the rear defroster as well. Living here in Florida I don't really need it, so not going to bother with it.

Lights ? Please expand . Are they bright enough to be used as perimeter lighting or are they brake lights ?

Last edited:
Reactions: mrjp and Danarch
Huh, I guess they backup and turn signals too!

View attachment 124011

Did some googling after reading your initial post .
Brake , back up etc lighting .
Great idea . Was wondering if available with just white lighting cause would be perfect for extra back up and perimeter lighting when wheeling at night or for around camp . Doesn’t look like that’s available .
Got a great idea from @Qaddiction build thread to mount KC cyclones for extra lighting . Mounted to hinge cover .

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAL07