What did you do to your JK today?

Took the them to play around in the snow.

00F24C8B-262A-436E-890E-564F850AB63B.jpeg
E86EF855-7C02-49B3-AC74-8E712E0B2E9E.jpeg

Reactions: Lxxtsy and mrjp
Getting ready for my Trans America Trail Trip in april. Got a new GMRS ordered and researching best ways to carry extra fuel. Wanted to go with Jerry Cans as I liked the classic look and capacity, but due to weight and mounting I think the best solution would be to go rotopax. Since I have the HD tire carrier I think GP Factor's tailgate mount will be the best solution. I dont like the price tag of it all together, but you have to pay to play and it puts my mind to ease when going further.

Getting ready for my Trans America Trail Trip in april. Got a new GMRS ordered and researching best ways to carry extra fuel. Wanted to go with Jerry Cans as I liked the classic look and capacity, but due to weight and mounting I think the best solution would be to go rotopax. Since I have the HD tire carrier I think GP Factor's tailgate mount will be the best solution. I dont like the price tag of it all together, but you have to pay to play and it puts my mind to ease when going further.

Have you seen these options?

This is the mount I have for my Rotopax. It's from Rockslide engineering. It's their EZ Pack.

20210913_182045.jpg

I thought about this Mount, but I was worried about sticky hands.
I thought about it too but if someone wants something bad enough they'll do whatever it takes to get it. I figured if someone wants it bad enough, at least they won't f up the whole Jeep for it.

Reactions: mrjp
Put on the new seat covers yesterday. The original fabric at 100k miles was really starting to fade.
These are the Spacer Mesh front row only made by CoverKing, but I purchased them thru Car Cover World for much less than direct from the manufacturer.
Pics of the original (before) and the new (after).

Old 1.jpg
New 1.jpg
New 2.jpg

Reactions: Anybodyhome
Nice, do you have a link?
https://www.carcoverworld.com/coverking-spacer-mesh-seat-covers

And I will tell you that I ordered these and realized I wasn't sure if I'd ordered both rows or just the front. I don't use my second row... ever... and they're folded down all the time for the dogs. So all I wanted was the front and they responded quickly, called the manufacturer and called me back and verified exactly what I wanted before placing the order. Took about 3 weeks to get them.
Excellent customer service and the covers are comfortable. Took me about 30 minutes to install and another 30 to straighten amd tighten everything up, make sure the straps underneath the seats weren't binding on anything, etc.

Reactions: mrjp and JeepJeezy
You'd think a simple plug & play like the Pedal Commander would be an easy task. But c'mon, I'm 6'6" and close to 3 bills. You think getting up under the dash to the top of the gas pedal arm was easy? No way were my hands getting anywhere close. I can palm a basketball pretty easily, and those hands aren't getting where they need. So, call my motorcycle mechanic buddy with his much smaller hands and voila!
A very noticeable driving difference. I'll have to figure out what settings to use when- how do you guys set yours? I'm thinking just daily driving back & forth to the office I'll use the city setting and the eco setting on the interstate when I'm driving down to the coast for 3 hours. Otherwise... your thoughts?

Reactions: mrjp and Largehit71
You'd think a simple plug & play like the Pedal Commander would be an easy task. But c'mon, I'm 6'6" and close to 3 bills. You think getting up under the dash to the top of the gas pedal arm was easy? No way were my hands getting anywhere close. I can palm a basketball pretty easily, and those hands aren't getting where they need. So, call my motorcycle mechanic buddy with his much smaller hands and voila!
A very noticeable driving difference. I'll have to figure out what settings to use when- how do you guys set yours? I'm thinking just daily driving back & forth to the office I'll use the city setting and the eco setting on the interstate when I'm driving down to the coast for 3 hours. Otherwise... your thoughts?

I use the next one up from the ECO setting, unless I want to be a Gear Head then it goes to the top. ECO is supposed to be like no PC.

I dread tapping into my brake wire for my brake controller next week. Not sure my back bends like that anymore.

I dread tapping into my brake wire for my brake controller next week. Not sure my back bends like that anymore.
You could tap the brake wire at the brake light and run a wire back up to your controller. Might be a lot easier than trying to work under the dash area

Reactions: BLACKJKU
Replaced the dratted elastic nets on the driver and passenger doors with hard "pockets." No more snagging the lacing hooks on my boots on the netting. The instructions recommend a scissors and a knife, but a sharp blade is all you need is a knife. My stockman pattern EDC did the job just fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrjp and Lxxtsy