What did you do to your JK today?

Fab'd up fog light covers for my MP concepts bumper to keep snow/salt and other debris out. Used a sheet of aluminum for now but I'm going to replace them with ABS plastic material since it's mold able.

ABS Plastic Sheet 3-pack 12" X 24" X 0.0625" (1/16") 3 Pack, Black Haircell, for VEX Robotics Teams, Hobby, DIY, Industrial. Easy to Cut, Bend, Mold. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016PESTJS/?tag=jkforum-20

View attachment 120512View attachment 120513
update, got the ABS plastic sheet cut down to fit and the next step is to use a heat gun and mold it

cover.jpg

After she got me to and from EVERYWHERE with 2" of ice (and snow sitting on top of that) for the past week, I filled her up, washed her, parked her in the garage and registered for the Daniel Boone Backwoods Byway event weekend of May 19-22!! I clean her because I love to get her dirty!!!
PS- Fluid film has done wonders keeping her underside clean on salty roads. Highly recommend it for salt and mud!!

How many cans did it take to do the whole underside?
3 cans.
I Coated everything except the exhaust. It's lanolin based so it doesn't hurt bushings, hoses, etc. I treat it like Franks's Red Hot...I put that sh*t on everything! lol
I went heavier on areas that tend to "catch" snow and mud. It drips for about 24 hours and smells unpleasant, so wear old clothes and don't park it in the garage right away. You will like the results though.

Have you tried dumping the gallon into a pump sprayer?
I haven't, but I'm wondering if that works....
I used a windex spray bottle and it worked, it was winter when I applied it. I ran the spray bottle under hot water to make the FF more liquidly. Maybe using a spray bottle running of an air compressor might be better.

Reactions: mrjp and JeepJeezy
Here's a great video. Not a sponsor.

His shop is about 20 miles away. I need to get an appointment to resolve misc P codes in my Dodge Dakota. I think it is a wiring or ground problem that he is proud of being able to resolve.

Today installed "Walker Exhaust 55700 Exhaust Resonator and Pipe Assembly" on my 2013.
Once I lowered one side of the muffler I was able to slide it in to place from the back.
The hard part was getting the mounts off and on. A heat gun to loosen up the rubber is a tremendous help.

I love the silence.

Don

Edit:
My dad liked to mount oogas on his trucks and lawn tractors.
So I hooked up an ooga horn. It measured 1.2 ohms, so I just disconnected the horn near the fire wall and plugged it into the existing wires. Pulled the fuse for the horn near the headlight. The OEM 10 amp fuse handles it just fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vman
His shop is about 20 miles away. I need to get an appointment to resolve misc P codes in my Dodge Dakota. I think it is a wiring or ground problem that he is proud of being able to resolve.

Today installed "Walker Exhaust 55700 Exhaust Resonator and Pipe Assembly" on my 2013.
Once I lowered one side of the muffler I was able to slide it in to place from the back.
The hard part was getting the mounts off and on. A heat gun to loosen up the rubber is a tremendous help.

I love the silence.

Don

Some spray silicone also works good on those rubber rubber pieces.

Reactions: Vman

I love the silence.

Don

Edit:
My dad liked to mount oogas on his trucks and lawn tractors.
So I hooked up an ooga horn. It measured 1.2 ohms, so I just disconnected the horn near the fire wall and plugged it into the existing wires. Pulled the fuse for the horn near the headlight. The OEM 10 amp fuse handles it just fine.
The man is a legend. I've been watching his videos for years. True professional and stand up guy.

I don't know how he does it, but he can turn a wheel bearing or simple brake job into an ASMR.

I hear you on the exhaust stuff. Replaced from the y-pipe back a little over a year ago and thought "this'll take about an hour". I was such an optimist.