What did you do to your JK today?

It went well overall. Had to use the bracket from RockHard 4x4 in lieu of the one that came with the plate. For some reason it was hitting the power steering line at in front of the radiator. JCR worked with me some, but said they have never heard of it being an issue.
That is strange.. Glad you got it all worked out though.

Reactions: mrjp and Danarch
It went well overall. Had to use the bracket from RockHard 4x4 in lieu of the one that came with the plate. For some reason it was hitting the power steering line at in front of the radiator. JCR worked with me some, but said they have never heard of it being an issue.
Fyi, for anyone that does not want to buy another winch plate that's made for a Jk, I was able to reuse my smittybilt winch plate off my Tj, fit like a glove on the Jk.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrjp
20210423_204857.jpg

20210423_204902.jpg

Topped off the fuel tank and added 500ml of fuel stabiliser, disconnected the earth lead from the battery, covered her with a blankie, and kissed my baby goodnight...she'll be sitting in the garage for a year before I can return to South Africa and drive her again :cry: [sob!]

• Sad
Reactions: tsetsefly1 and mrjp
Topped off the fuel tank and added 500ml of fuel stabiliser, disconnected the earth lead from the battery, covered her with a blankie, and kissed my baby goodnight...she'll be sitting in the garage for a year before I can return to South Africa and drive her again :cry: [sob!]

I like to add a splash of Marvel Mystery Oil at least every other fill up to mine.

Reactions: mrjp
Oh, btw, I ordered a set of Weathertech floor mats this morning.
Hadn't seen them yet so I tracked my order and they were delivered last week. I didn't see them on my porch and went looking.... finally found them in the garage leaned up against a wall still in the box.

Grounds for divorce?

Put Back to Black on everything that needed it.
Do you prefer the aerosol or the gel?

I use both. Typically the spray in the hard to get areas, like between the front bumper and grille. Use the gel for about everything else.

Also, FYI, if your house has vinyl shutters and they start looking faded or have the white film, use the back to black to bring them back to life. I use it on mine about once a year and they look good as new.

Do you prefer the aerosol or the gel?

I use both. Typically the spray in the hard to get areas, like between the front bumper and grille. Use the gel for about everything else.

Also, FYI, if your house has vinyl shutters and they start looking faded or have the white film, use the back to black to bring them back to life. I use it on mine about once a year and they look good as new.
I have both as well. Gel seems to last longer.