What did you do to your JK today?

@WestCoastDan, you might want to do the stickers before adding circuitry to dim the lights. Because the stickers will likely dim them some anyway.
It looks like your switches are lit at one end only. Mine are lit at both ends. I don't have a cricut machine, but I got mine from Rocker Switch Pros, which has tons of custom options. When they're off, the text is illuminated. The graphic lights up when you turn them on.
IMG_5577.JPG

Not directly to the Jeeps, but I installed an 18,000 BTU, 240V heater for the garage. So now I can work out there more days out of the year.
IMG_5728.JPG

@TROY66/68, you're welcome to come use my heated garage... It's a bit of a drive, but you can use my tools, and I'll buy you a beer too. We don't have Moosehead, but we do have a lot of micro-breweries.

@WestCoastDan, you might want to do the stickers before adding circuitry to dim the lights. Because the stickers will likely dim them some anyway.
It looks like your switches are lit at one end only. Mine are lit at both ends. I don't have a cricut machine, but I got mine from Rocker Switch Pros, which has tons of custom options. When they're off, the text is illuminated. The graphic lights up when you turn them on.
View attachment 123229
Definitely not altering the circuitry of the backlights, just covering most of the lens with a sticker.
I'll probably use a 1/2" x 1/2" square of white vinyl with some creative cutouts to help identify the lights they control.
These switches are only lit when the switch is ON,.. yours are way more hi-tech.

Not directly to the Jeeps, but I installed an 18,000 BTU, 240V heater for the garage. So now I can work out there more days out of the year.
View attachment 123231

@TROY66/68, you're welcome to come use my heated garage... It's a bit of a drive, but you can use my tools, and I'll buy you a beer too. We don't have Moosehead, but we do have a lot of micro-breweries.
When I lived in Edmonton . Had a 34'x32'
garage. Used a 220, single phase heater
for one winter season .
I did a ton of wood working so was out
there a lot. It just about doubled our
usual electric bill. So the wife at the
time wasn't to happy about that.
Make sure to film and share if Mrs Dog
opens up a can of whoop ass over
the electric bill. Lol
Really miss that garage ..😔

Last edited:
When I lived in Edmonton . Had a 34'x32'
garage. Used a 220, single phase heater
for one winter season .
I don't know the measurements. It's a 2-car (where I do cars) and a 1-car (where I make blades).
I did a ton of wood working so was out
there a lot.
I don't expect to be out there all the time, just on nice-ish days, and the heater is just to take the edge off.
It just about doubled our
usual electric bill.
Yikes!
So the wife at the
time wasn't to happy about that.
Make sure to film and share if Mrs Dog
opens up a can of whoop ass over
the electric bill.
Mrs. Dog and I have been together for 22 years, but this is a do-over for both of us. We've never had any joint accounts. We've split up the bills so we each pay our part, and the electric bill is mine. So I'm safe there. :)
Lol
Really miss that garage ..😔
But not the wife? :p

I finally got around to cutting out a rear window out of polycarbonate. I had to trim it about 1/2" back from the pattern I made. The bottom is about 1/2" long too. I made the pattern off my friend's 2016 Two Door, they must have different back windows between the 4 door and 2 door models.
PXL_20221207_210153276.jpg

PXL_20221208_001436626.jpg

Now I just need to fit the original plastic trim piece back on. There's still glass stuck in it.

Got my Lifetime America The Beautiful, Veteran pass in the mail today.
Now I don’t have to worry about annual or day passes every time we hit the trails.
I will have to remember to put it in the right Jeep though…
View attachment 123246

So some of the trails you have to pay ? Didn’t know that . Def a great way to thank the veterans

My son is praying for snow. We had an unusual event last year where about 10” dropped. Just doesn’t happen often here. Anyway he and I were one of the few people out that morning. He said to me in a very serious tone. “ this is what this Jeep was made for”. Love that kid.

Installed PAC hydraulic steering assist. Works great, will try it out on the trails Sunday, mild ride scheduled.
Frank
Did you switch to high steer when you did this? It always seemed to me that if hydraulics are needed, it's also time to move the steering above the axle.

Pretty much any trail in the National, State, or County Park system requires a pass to be displayed when the vehicle is parked. Many also have costs for entry, such as Yosemite, Joshua Tree, etc.
Oh ok gotcha .
Jasper National Park on the
Alberta side of the BC / Alberta border. Located in the Rockies . Has an entry fee etc .
Elk Island National Park just outside Edmonton .
The only 2 in Western Canada I’m aware of where it’s pay to play . Most def no off roading in our National or Provincial parks .