What did you do to your JK today?

Got some new shoes for summer.

Mammoth D Window black steelies in 17x9 with a set of 35 x 12.50 Ironman MT's. Tried to go with something a little more budget friendly but still more capable than my winter Duratracs.

I also recently put on a rough country roof rack with matching tent. Cant wait for things to thaw out around here for some camping and riding.

View attachment 126920

View attachment 126921
Nice....

Reactions: tJKrider
Finally got some time to install the AEV 2.5 lift along with 285/70-17 tires. I have to say I'm very happy with how the lift turned out, and AEV does a great job designing this lift. Everything went pretty smoothly, with the passenger front shock being the most difficult and time consuming part of the job. The Bilstein front shocks have an allen head in the front shocks upper stem, and when trying to tighten there was no way to get an allen wrench in the top of the passenger shock to hold it while tightening. I ended up lifting the TIPM up out of where it sits in the Jeep, and drilled an access hole below in the TIPM plastic holder. Full access now to the top of the shock. I'll install a rubber or plastic plug in the hole that was drilled to seal the plastic box back up. Also installed with the lift were the Geometry Correction Brackets. The Jeep drives great, rides better than stock (mine anyways, and I had no complaints with stock ride).
IMG_1323.jpg

Finally got some time to install the AEV 2.5 lift along with 285/70-17 tires. I have to say I'm very happy with how the lift turned out, and AEV does a great job designing this lift. Everything went pretty smoothly, with the passenger front shock being the most difficult and time consuming part of the job. The Bilstein front shocks have an allen head in the front shocks upper stem, and when trying to tighten there was no way to get an allen wrench in the top of the passenger shock to hold it while tightening. I ended up lifting the TIPM up out of where it sits in the Jeep, and drilled an access hole below in the TIPM plastic holder. Full access now to the top of the shock. I'll install a rubber or plastic plug in the hole that was drilled to seal the plastic box back up. Also installed with the lift were the Geometry Correction Brackets. The Jeep drives great, rides better than stock (mine anyways, and I had no complaints with stock ride).
View attachment 126967
That is awesome! Agree the front shocks are a pain! Have the lift on three JK’s without the geometry correction brackets, wife, daughter, and myself all agree the ride and handling is better then stock. We have been very satisfied with the lift. I think it is close to three years with two of them, haven’t had any issues.

Reactions: Rich1961
That is awesome! Agree the front shocks are a pain! Have the lift on three JK’s without the geometry correction brackets, wife, daughter, and myself all agree the ride and handling is better then stock. We have been very satisfied with the lift. I think it is close to three years with two of them, haven’t had any issues.
The front driver side shock wasn't bad at all, with access to the top of the shock down through the anti lock brake module.

Reactions: tJKrider
The front driver side shock wasn't bad at all, with access to the top of the shock down through the anti lock brake module.
It wasn’t as bad as the passenger side, but still a pain. I am not sure I would have gotten either side done without a rachet wrench. Well I guess I would have, but it would have taken longer.

View attachment 126967
Looks great!

Changing oil and filter today. The filter that the auto supply sold me doesn't appear to fit right so taking it back. Does the manual tell you how to reset the oil change message?

Reactions: vaffanculo
Changing oil and filter today. The filter that the auto supply sold me doesn't appear to fit right so taking it back. Does the manual tell you how to reset the oil change message?
On my jeep you turn the key too the on position and press the gas pedal 3 times to the floor..turn key off then start engine check for any drips

Gave it a shot and think it worked. Will know for sure the next few times I drive it. So has anyone ran across this? Yesterday I bought a oil filter my year 2012 and it didn't look at all like the one I pulled out. It wasn't until I read the cap that it said to buy model year 2015 only. Was this a recall at one time? I had to run back and buy the the right filter.

20240413_145333.jpg

20240413_145306.jpg

Dropped it at the local Jeep dealership for a routine transmission fluid change yesterday morning. Picked it up in the afternoon and it was noticeably smoother shifting. First change since I bought it and no idea how long it had been since the last one. I've put 15k miles on since purchase. All the other fluids had been changed recently by me.

PSA!!!!!

For those of you that hasn't done it yet fill out your Signatures so that when your asking for help with something we know the year, engine and whatever you have done to your Jeep as far as Mods. It makes it so much easier for us to help you and also can save some time so you can get going again.

I purchased a slightly used 2023 JL Rubicon Winch Bumper with LED fog lights from a guy on Marketplace last week. Yesterday i was able to get the stock bumper removed, winch plate and winch installed, and installed the Rubicon Winch Bumper. Everything was a direct bolt on switching to the new bumper. Only modification I had to do was extend the fog light harness on each side, as the new bumper has the fog lights on the outside of the frame rails. Even the fog light connectors on the new bumper were the same as the JK's connectors. I'm happy with how this turned out.
View attachment 126749
View attachment 126750

I wanted to provide an update to my bumper upgrade that I installed a few weeks ago, in case someone else does this upgrade. I purchased a Rubicon Steel factory winch bumper off of a 23 JL Wrangler that had factory LED Foglights. Due to the JK's Canbus system that uses Pulse Width Modulation, the factory JL LED Fogs will not work correctly, even though they use the same electrical connector/plug that the JK uses. In order for them to work correctly you must use an adapter that has an anti-flicker module.
Since I am not ready to convert my factory headlights to LED's, I decided to re-use the JK's factory non Led fogs from my original bumper. The problem with doing that is that the JK bumper fogs, and the new JL bumper have different mounting brackets for the fog lights. I did quite a bit of searching online and finally was able to find an adapter bracket. This bracket enables you to mount the original JK 4 screw mount fogs to the JL Rubicon 2 bolt mount system. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SNSHVFK?tag=jkforum-20

I received the brackets today, and installed the original fog lights from the bumper that I removed into the new Rubicon bumper successfully. I now have working fogs again, and although they are not LED's, I really had no complaints using them this last winter. Hopefully this helps someone who might do this bumper upgrade to their JK. Someday I may upgrade both headlights and the fogs to LED's, but it is not a cheap upgrade to do.

Reactions: JeepJeezy
Bought this 2012 Monday. Had oil changed today and realized it had no cabin air filter. Put a new filter in and 15 min later it started running hot - red lined???
sold my 2017 a few months ago bc overheating even after brand new engine. A little sad

IMG_2028.jpeg

Reactions: Dlcain and Rich1961
Bought this 2012 Monday. Had oil changed today and realized it had no cabin air filter. Put a new filter in and 15 min later it started running hot - red lined???
sold my 2017 a few months ago bc overheating even after brand new engine. A little sad

View attachment 127025
Nice looking Jeep. Have you checked the coolant level ? Serpentine belt? Fan running?

Nice looking Jeep. Have you checked the coolant level ? Serpentine belt? Fan running?
Will be doing that tomorrow/this weekend. So odd that it wasn’t before and then rt after oil change and new filter. Took the filter out and left glove box open and will drive local to see if it runs hot again or if it related to filter maybe constricting something

Don't forget when looking into a jeep radiator you have too look to the right because when you open the cap there is a step their and if coolent is sitting on that step you will get the impression it is.being full..also make sure the resivior tank hose isn't clogged take the resivior hose off at the Raditior cap and blow into it should see bubbles coming up in the resivior tank especially since it's pre-owned and your not sure if the cat before you ever put stop leak in their..also if your on the road and it starts running hot put the heat on full blast this will keep it in the safe zone till you get home..good luck keep us posted

Reactions: JeepJeezy
It is spring and my road is like Verdun, and on top of that we now have more Moose then Deer. It is that Climate Boiling they preach, I have my Geology book from University. What is next DINOSAURS?