What did you do to your JK today?

Soooo...I rented a 50ft boom lift so I could clean my woodstove chimney. Was the boom lift to heavy? Probably so. Had to jam on the breaks because of some a$$hole driver. Bent my hitch that was prefabricated into my bumper. So it was time to cut it out and install an oem hitch. Thanks a$$hole kid in a slammed Honda with a fart can 😒

20240212_161140.jpg

20240212_161143.jpg

Soooo...I rented a 50ft boom lift so I could clean my woodstove chimney. Was the boom lift to heavy? Probably so. Had to jam on the breaks because of some a$$hole driver. Bent my hitch that was prefabricated into my bumper. So it was time to cut it out and install an oem hitch. Thanks a$$hole kid in a slammed Honda with a fart can 😒

View attachment 126347

View attachment 126349
O man sorry too hear that ...same crap happens to me when I'm driving my tractor trailer some idiot in a rice burner will cut me out or jam on the brakes and the back of my trailer looks like my kids closet from back in the day ..im assuming the

View attachment 126347

View attachment 126349

The hardtop the body shop ordered was delayed again. Finally just got the insurance to give us the money and ordered the BestTop Trektop Pro Hybrid Slantback Soft Top and still ahead. Looking forward to it being shipped and installing it.

How do you like the Trektop Pro? My factory top for my 2010 2 door is showing some age, and I just saw one of these on a 2 door recently. I have dreamed about a hybrid top that includes hard windows with features of a soft top for a while, but never saw one. I sort of wish they had one in a square back instead of the slant back. Does the slant back get in the way of back seat passenger head room? Is it as easy as it looks to remove side and rear glass? Do tell.

View attachment 126347

View attachment 126349
Geez sorry I meantt too mention 2 years ago my jeep got rear ended I was sporting a Havoc aftermarket bumper which were top of the line so the impact bent the bumper and I was noticing the jeep driving a bit different so went to get the front end alignment and here the impact bent my non adjustable trailing arm on the left side rear causing it to not get into specifications . I hope you don't have this issue those trailing arms are a knuckle bleeder to remove

20221121_215238.jpg

How do you like the Trektop Pro? My factory top for my 2010 2 door is showing some age, and I just saw one of these on a 2 door recently. I have dreamed about a hybrid top that includes hard windows with features of a soft top for a while, but never saw one. I sort of wish they had one in a square back instead of the slant back. Does the slant back get in the way of back seat passenger head room? Is it as easy as it looks to remove side and rear glass? Do tell.
I love the top. Overall it is quiet, I’d say as quiet as the hardtop. I have four door, not sure what difference it makes but no issue with the slant affecting the back seats. The sides with the windows are easy to remove, just slide them in / out. Just need a place to store them. Love the rear lift window. I have LJ with a soft top and really enjoy it but the rear is a pain to unzip and zip back, miss the glass for that reason. I am not sure how much time or effort is required to remove the entire top as I haven’t done that. I’ve removed the sides and flip back the sun-rider and away we go. My 17 year drives it most of the time, I enjoy driving the LJ.

Reactions: Speartip
So the past few weeks I've been getting a random vibration. Random like some days there's zero sound and zero vibration. Then other days, the Jeep shakes like a salt shaker and screeches like an Eagle. Took it to my buddies garage today to put it up on the lift. He found the rear driveshaft U joint was hot to the touch. Took the temp of all my U joints. 5 of the 6 U joints were 52°F and the 1 was 91°F. Found out it had 2 caps with zero needle bearings in them. $48 later, we were smooth sailing.

So the past few weeks I've been getting a random vibration. Random like some days there's zero sound and zero vibration. Then other days, the Jeep shakes like a salt shaker and screeches like an Eagle. Took it to my buddies garage today to put it up on the lift. He found the rear driveshaft U joint was hot to the touch. Took the temp of all my U joints. 5 of the 6 U joints were 52°F and the 1 was 91°F. Found out it had 2 caps with zero needle bearings in them. $48 later, we were smooth sailing.
Glad you found it before something else happened.

Got my new rear window Molle Panels installed today. The install would of went easier without the high lift jack and air tank in the way buuuut, I wasn't removing everything. The bottom of the molle panel gets screwed on with the hardtop hardware. The top gets secured with an "L" bracket to the roll bar and a bolt to the molle panel. After you unzip the top on the roll bar padding, there's a 12mm bolt in the roll bar. You take the bolt out, slide it into the "L" bracket and screw the bolt back into the roll bar. Took about an hour.

Attachments

• 20240217_120336.jpg
    20240217_120336.jpg
    490.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 20240217_120344.jpg
    20240217_120344.jpg
    757.8 KB · Views: 30
The new 6.2L LS is finally in, Still have to figure out the alternator and water pump mounting. Transmission is next, then exhaust. Hopefully it will be completed this week or early next week.

View attachment 126436

Why don't you do a Build on this so that you can help other Members who might want to do this and know where and what parts they will need?