What did you do to your JK today?

New headlights today... Didn't have time to swap the fogs but will hopefully get to that this weekend:

View attachment 125632
Holy cow what a difference these make! I just took it out for a night time spin around the neighborhood and it is significant to say the least... I think I have the adjustment pretty close but will dial it in over the next few nights.
It was nice out so it finally got the fogs done... Too many other projects getting in the way!

PXL_20231209_210025617~2.jpg

A lot is finally getting done. This was all the shops work here and beyond my skill set. New leather seats, new XK Glow Grill, new Rough Country front bumper with winch and XK Glow lights, new CMM handles for the front and Smittybuilt for the rear, new 4.5 inch lift, new tires and wheels, new alpine sound with stinger head unit, new carpet, new center console.

It goes off to paint next week, then the crate LS3 6.2 liter swap the week after for 2 weeks (Hopefully RPM Extreme has the harness ready)

Then back to the shop for final touchups to make sure everything works. Fingers crossed.

XK Glow Blue.jpeg

XK Glow Red.jpeg

Leather front seats.jpeg

Leather back seat.jpeg

Stinger.jpeg

Alpine amp 2.jpeg

A lot is finally getting done. This was all the shops work here and beyond my skill set. New leather seats, new XK Glow Grill, new Rough Country front bumper with winch and XK Glow lights, new CMM handles for the front and Smittybuilt for the rear, new 4.5 inch lift, new tires and wheels, new alpine sound with stinger head unit, new carpet, new center console.

It goes off to paint next week, then the crate LS3 6.2 liter swap the week after for 2 weeks (Hopefully RPM Extreme has the harness ready)

Then back to the shop for final touchups to make sure everything works. Fingers crossed.

View attachment 125754

View attachment 125755

View attachment 125756

View attachment 125757

View attachment 125758

View attachment 125759

Who is doing your 6.2 swap?

View attachment 125754

View attachment 125755

View attachment 125756

View attachment 125757

View attachment 125758

View attachment 125759
Are those Katzkin seat covers?

Bought one of those rear gate strap kits off ebay, but it didn't fit. Think it's because I have rear speaker option. Don't see any kits made for that either uggg.

20231216_113126.jpg

Drove it to the Chevy dealer and the parts store. The new engine is in the Vette and running, but the coolant reservoir had a small crack, and there's a few other bits and pieces I need to really finish it up. With a bit of luck it'll be finished (as much as any project car is ever finished...) today.

Now don't throw shade, I'm only attempting to contribute . . . .
I installed a throttle body spacer on my 2017 JKU (manual, 72K miles) a few days ago. I've read all the controversy surrounding this mod, but the Rough Country version was reasonably priced for the experiment I'm conducting (mild performance enhancement). I currently have a CAI and a Pedal Commander installed. At initial drive, the skinny pedal seems to be a bit more responsive and it feels like the engine has a full breadth of air to work with. The MPGs (it's early now) seem to be trackinig in the upward direction, but time on the open road will determine if it becomes reality. Yes, I do some DD with it.
The next mod will be an axle back exhaust once I let the throttle body spacer settle in. Th idea was to add the CAI, let it settle in. Add the TBS, let it settle in. Then add the axle back, and let it settle in. I saw a 2 MPG addition and better breathing once the CAI was installed, so I believe we're moving in the right direction.
Happy New Year to all!

No shade, but we know the placebo effect is real. So if you want to experiment, I'd suggest investing a very small amount in something other than your carefully calibrated Butt-O-Meter for measuring performance. Actual dyno time can be pricey, but there are any number of accelerometer-based options that will cost less than any of the mods you're testing. I use DynoChart, but it requires you to use their dongle as well. There are other, purely phone based options as well.

If you really want to trend closer to a scientific study do this... Once you have the changes made and believe they are at a steady state, measure the improvement from your baseline. You did establish a baseline measurement, right? Then remove the parts and remeasure. The FE should return to your baseline. Then you have a bit more confidence that the changes are causal and not coincidental.

Happy New Year!

On the 3.8, a 20HP gain is 10%, which can be noticeable. It's still underpowered, but it's noticeable.
The OP above making the changes has a 3.6. Regardless, most of these induction/exhaust type changes people make may increase the peak flow numbers slightly, but that will only show at high rpm. Noise will increase, though, and many equate that with a performance gain.