What did you do to your JK today?

Actually the manufacturer should design the coolant bottle to look different than the washer bottle. At least the cap should be significantly different. Too easy for some idiot to confuse the two. Same with some inboard boats that have gas caps and water caps that look exactly alike.
They are different. And the label is permanently molded into the cap. If (generic) you can't tell the difference, it's very much a you problem.
Too many stories of people filling their water systems with gas.
Which only goes to show that if you make something idiot proof, the world will invent a better idiot.

Second leg of Houston trip in the books. Got a tank of bad gas in some little town, AR. Got about 2/3 down and the crap hit the fan. No power, transmission was hunting gears to maximize what little power I had. Ran that tank down to about 4 gallons left and filled with fresh load. Took a half hour to purge the injectors, but it now has ooomph! Unfortunately, it cooked three of the O2 sensors.

Second leg of Houston trip in the books. Got a tank of bad gas in some little town, AR. Got about 2/3 down and the crap hit the fan. No power, transmission was hunting gears to maximize what little power I had. Ran that tank down to about 4 gallons left and filled with fresh load. Took a half hour to purge the injectors, but it now has ooomph! Unfortunately, it cooked three of the O2 sensors.
I don't know if it will do any good now, but I have found that running a bit of injector cleaner at the first sign of crap gas does a good job of preventing problems. It's possible that doing so now might clean your O2 sensors.

Reactions: JeepJeezy
I don't know if it will do any good now, but I have found that running a bit of injector cleaner at the first sign of crap gas does a good job of preventing problems. It's possible that doing so now might clean your O2 sensors.
Yeah, was thinking a can of octane booster and some Seafoam in quantities.

Maybe some drygas too.

Actually the manufacturer should design the coolant bottle to look different than the washer bottle. At least the cap should be significantly different. Too easy for some idiot to confuse the two. Same with some inboard boats that have gas caps and water caps that look exactly alike. Too many stories of people filling their water systems with gas.

Well depending where the work is done often shop has 45 Gallon barrels with an overhead hose & nozzle . One for coolant , windshield washer fluid , oil etc . Least oil wasn’t dumped into rad . Lol
But def hear you about colour coding liquids . Years ago Yellow nozzle , Yellow jerry can etc meant diesel , Not that way anymore around here .

Drove 8 hours each way to Carlsbad Caverns with one of our boys and his family. Fun place to visit. No 4x4 trails, sadly. Averaged 16MPG on the trip,. which isn't bad since that includes going over Raton Pass.

Stopped in Roswell, because Aliens!!! Apparently, all that anal probing has a payoff. I got gas at $3.00/gal US.

Roswell is def a place always wanted to visit . Not necessarily for the anal probing but to just check out .
Been a ton of stories about that place ever since UFO crash back in the 50-60’s
Whenever it was .

Reactions: Dirty Dog
Finally, after 13 weeks post-op(rotator cuff and bicep repair surgery) I can finally kinda-sorta use my left arm, lol! I took advantage of a gorgeous day and got some work done to the JK. The stock exhaust was falling apart so time to replace it. I opted for the short Flowmaster system as it tucks nicely up in the frame rails and it was relatively cheap. I figured while I was at it I'd add a cold air intake, since I don't play in mud or water very often I went cheap there as well with a Red Rock intake. The FlowMaster is definitely louder than stock, so if quiet is your thing, don't get this, lol! Accelerating is where it gets loud, once your cruising it's not bad. While it did take longer than normal due to my left arm still healing(and I'm left handed, ugh) it was still awesome to finally be doing things!
IMG_4622.jpg
IMG_4624.jpg

IMG_4623.jpg

Thanks for the intel . Looking closer at pic of your Install at the front . It’s a No Bueno in my case . I have a 6 switch overhead SPod that is mounted in the centre up top Sicks about about 1-2” in front of plastic bezel and hangs down about 1/2”. So don’t think would work .
But I was wondering if they made something like that mounted between rear passenger doors ? Possibly hung off of sport bar ? That would span the width of the Jeep over the rear seat .
Have you seen anything like that ? Did a bit of googling but didn’t come up with anything
I think the vendor that originally came up with this was Molle Platform Solutions and theirs are supposed to be spod compatible.

Today I actually snagged a sweet Craigslist deal. I had been wanting to get a set of factory 1/2 doors for a few years now and have balked at what they are new & what I was finding used. Very rare here in Michigan. About 6 months ago I thought I'd just go with Bestop's Core Doors as a substitute, but like a lot of stuff for the JK now, vendors are moving away from unique parts and these have been discontinued. Today I was looking for a decent used bumper for my son's JK and I came across a pair of '07 half doors with uppers, in great shape for a song. The guy said he bought the Jeep this year and just didn't see the point of 1/2 doors. Sure, I'll have to paint them, add lock cylinders (he removed them) and add mirrors, but the last set I saw was on FB mktplace and went for like $1600USD more than I paid, so I'm pretty geeked about them.

My 07 came from the factory with half doors. I’ve always loved em. Took a little extra weatherstripping to seal up tight but definitely can be done. Enjoy brother🍺🍺

Reactions: JerryD
I think the vendor that originally came up with this was Molle Platform Solutions and theirs are supposed to be spod compatible.

Today I actually snagged a sweet Craigslist deal. I had been wanting to get a set of factory 1/2 doors for a few years now and have balked at what they are new & what I was finding used. Very rare here in Michigan. About 6 months ago I thought I'd just go with Bestop's Core Doors as a substitute, but like a lot of stuff for the JK now, vendors are moving away from unique parts and these have been discontinued. Today I was looking for a decent used bumper for my son's JK and I came across a pair of '07 half doors with uppers, in great shape for a song. The guy said he bought the Jeep this year and just didn't see the point of 1/2 doors. Sure, I'll have to paint them, add lock cylinders (he removed them) and add mirrors, but the last set I saw was on FB mktplace and went for like $1600USD more than I paid, so I'm pretty geeked about them.
Nice. Just acquired a JK and was looking on Marketplace for a few things (also in Michigan). Came across a few sets of 1/2 doors, which don't interest me at this point btw - my mind may change after having the Wrangler awhile, though... maybe you got one of the ones I saw. Congrats!!

Reactions: JerryD and BigAL07