What did you do to your JK today?

Looks like a great trail!

Reactions: Speartip
Think I finally found a spot for this hood light. Hopefully no issues with engine heat. It's retractable and I love it.

20230613_192402.jpg20230613_185821.jpg20230613_190826.jpg20230613_191647.jpg

Looks like a great trail!

Oh yeah it is a great trail . Just over growing in areas so can cause excessive pinstripping
Even with the magnetic armour got a few scratches , not to deep but noticeable on vertical side of hood and side of removable top .
Taking it in a week or two cause the doors , sides and flares are pinstriped pretty good and it’s kinda bugging me a bit .
Really enjoy going off road & exploring etc . But the paint damage is a drag . Hoping most can be buffed out . I often go where others don’t hence the growing in of some trails. People just aren’t going into the gnarly places .
And to be perfectly honest it’s rare to come across another wheeler anywhere .
Mostly quads & motor bikes .
Like there are a few guys around but not many . That last trip . I was on the trail for about 7 hours . Saw 2 motor bikes . Lol

Here’s a copy & paste of the exterior service getting done
Their pretty confident can get rid of 90 percent if not more of the scratches . Cause it’s not deep to the metal
Than in about a month going to get a clear film on all the sides & flares . It’s like 3M but thinner , stronger and doesn’t yellow
Name escapes me now
But when I get that done will fill you guys in on details

$525) — We perform all work as in Maintenance package, plus we clay bar entire car, apply machine cut polish and sealant wax, polish headlights, polish wheels and complete a degrease and plastics clean of engine bay and hood interior. We also clean all exterior & interior windows.

Polished up the aluminum Tie Rod & Drag Link again .
Readjusted the sleeve bolts on Yeti Track Bar. When I put in the easiest access was if sleeve collar & bolts were on a angle .
While polishing back side of Drag Link noticed the bolt had scrubbed the drag link a few times . Must be when turned & flexed out .
Repositioned so bolts are straight up & down . No more clearance issues .
04A5295B-C164-4024-BD9C-5281614671FC.jpeg

Wow, your underbelly is cleaner then our kitchen when we were at College.

Thanks Bud . TBH only really focus on cleaning front , rear diff, tie rod , drag link & track bar . The rest is el natural .
All things considered it does somehow stay relatively clean underneath. . Not sinking it in mud pits helps a lot . Lol

Well, toss me on the new RC seat covers list too. $119 was way cheaper than their normal cost. Won’t see them till late June, but I can wait. Thanks. I was looking at them last week at $200. Looked at the Diver Down covers too. Both are quality items.

View attachment 124389
Where did you find them for that price. Big discount

Wish me luck gentlemen . 3 days smoke free. Maybe I can kick this nasty habit. Take the money saved and put it into the Jeep .

You got this.

If I can do it from 2.5 packs a day of Winstons! 25 years smoke and alcohol free. Ya just gotta get real stubborn. lol It feels great to be able to actually run again without gasping and wheezing.

Wish me luck gentlemen . 3 days smoke free. Maybe I can kick this nasty habit. Take the money saved and put it into the Jeep .

Good luck . Quitting the smokes is one of the hardest addictions to overcome .
Nicotine will be out of your system after 7 days . So your just about half way there .
After 7 days it’s purely physiological . It’s the actual habit that can be very difficult to over cone.
Many resort to eating more .
Distractions can help a lot
Strap an elastic band to your wrist . When you have an urge or craving . Snap the elastin on your wrist . It will help .
When you usually have a smoke chew on some gum . So always have gum on hand .
Sunflower seeds work well as distraction . Keeps your hands & mouth busy . The ones with the shell .
Be strong brother . Thousands quite every year so you can do this :)

Last edited:
I only smoked (Drum) during University, College exams, and freezing to death ( like on the Russian Front) Moose and Deer hunting. I read somewhere the only thing harder to quit was Crack. My wife has been smoking since Circa 1978 (French Irish) will never be able to quit. At least I have her rolling them to slow her down. All Good

I read somewhere the only thing harder to quit was Crack.
This statement is in vogue right now, but the science doesn't support it. They're both incredibly addictive and difficult to quit, but it is essentially impossible to define fine gradations of addictiveness; there are simply too many variables and too much variance between individuals.

We took Thor for a drive in the mountains today. No trails, but some dirt and lots of spectacular mountain scenery. We took Rowdy (7 year old Border/Pyr) and Bailey (3 month old Great Pyrenees). The little Cairn Terrier isn't so fond of road trips.
IMG_3054[1].JPG

Happy Fathers Day.