What did you do to your JK today?

They claim a population of 1009, so it's entirely possible you were right downtown and never noticed.
I grew up in a town with a documented population of 801.
1 stop light (flashed red all 4 ways).
1 'grocery store'.
1 liquor store.
2 gas stations - 1 was permanently closed.
2 bars - both still thriving.

If not for the stop light flashing overhead, standing in the center of town you might think you were in someone's driveway.

I grew up in a town with a documented population of 801.
1 stop light (flashed red all 4 ways).
1 'grocery store'.
1 liquor store.
2 gas stations - 1 was permanently closed.
2 bars - both still thriving.

If not for the stop light flashing overhead, standing in the center of town you might think you were in someone's driveway.

The town I live in right now i'll bet doesn't have much over 25 people, nice and quiet.

I'm a rural mail carrier and often found myself struggling to open doors while holding a mail tray or tote with both hands, so I converted all five handles from thumb-button-push to one-finger-pull style.

20230124_163136.jpg

I ordered two 3-handle kits from Amazon for $80 each. A 5-handle kit went for $160, so now I have one extra just in case for the same price. The instructions were hideous, but my wife and I are very pleased with the results (she's always hated those button handles).

I'm a rural mail carrier and often found myself struggling to open doors while holding a mail tray or tote with both hands, so I converted all five handles from thumb-button-push to one-finger-pull style.
I've seen other people swap JL handles onto their JK. Pretty nice upgrade. The only downside is that they're plastic. I'm in the habit of replacing all the plastic bits with metal.

Reactions: Speartip
Finished the clutch job on our '12 JK. Man that double clutch heavy flywheel is smooth. Centerforce. Wife loves it. Crawled up our steep driveway with no gas pedal. Took it for a shakedown cruise on some mild Forest Service roads...up 1817 and down 1833 in the Willamette National Forest outside Fall Creek. Everything was perfect. Got home and swapped the door seal rubber. Tomorrow Amazon should bring us a Dorman oil cooler...and I have a Mopar hardtop defroster/wiper kit to install.

-Mac

Finished the clutch job on our '12 JK. Man that double clutch heavy flywheel is smooth. Centerforce. Wife loves it. Crawled up our steep driveway with no gas pedal. Took it for a shakedown cruise on some mild Forest Service roads...up 1817 and down 1833 in the Willamette National Forest outside Fall Creek. Everything was perfect. Got home and swapped the door seal rubber. Tomorrow Amazon should bring us a Dorman oil cooler...and I have a Mopar hardtop defroster/wiper kit to install.

-Mac
Big fan of Centerforce. I run the dual friction in my 89 Mustang and love it. Awesome choice 👌

Got tired of my factory radio not working correctly! So I broke down, bought an Android radio and a reverse camera for the spare. There's sooooo much to learn with this radio but it can do anything I want. So far it was money well spent. Don't mind the water spots on the camera. Damn rain 😒

View attachment 123578

View attachment 123579
What radio is that ? Looks great. What year ?

Reactions: mrjp
Reactions: Speartip
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler JK Forum may be compensated.
Added Teraflex brakeline / speed sensor retainers. What a pain in the azz bending that aluminum retainer off the brake line. 🤬

View attachment 123710
That it is! I remember yelling “I am victorious“ when it came off. I know some cut with a die grinder, but I didn’t want to take the chance. But hey the clips are pretty cool.

I repaired a chip in her windscreen. Colorado doesn't drop rust crystals on the road, but they do lay down sand. Chips suck, but they're easier to deal with than cancer, especially if it's metastasized to the frame.
Any feedback on the kit/approach that you took?

We got a micro chip in our new Gorilla Glass windshield, and as you would expect, it's 100% visible every time I sit behind the wheel! 🤦‍♂️