What did you do to your JK today?

Toying with the idea of a shelf like this in the rear cargo area:
View attachment 123658
Can anyone provide feedback about how useful they find their setup, and any thoughts about issues, trade offs, etc that you might have.

Do you find it as useful as you had expected it to be, or is it always in the way of your needs?

I was thinking about one of them but if I ever need to haul something tall then i'd have to take it out, instead I just made a narrow one that fit close to the rear seat backs.

Toying with the idea of a shelf like this in the rear cargo area:
View attachment 123658
Can anyone provide feedback about how useful they find their setup, and any thoughts about issues, trade offs, etc that you might have.

Do you find it as useful as you had expected it to be, or is it always in the way of your needs?
Pull the trigger for me!!! I been tossing this around too.

I also thought of ways to adjust the placement.
Best way I can think of so far is with a set of ‘extender panels’, with rows of holes that match the mounting points of the tray to the legs.
This would give up or down adjustment.
3714D2D2-DA6E-45D2-952F-BC1CFBFF3CC5.jpeg

Reactions: Speartip
This week, we're cheating on our JK's.
We flew to IN last Thursday, for my MIL's 90th Birthday Saturday. Since it's IN in January, we knew the weather would be iffy. So we rented a '16 Rubicon.

We were supposed to fly home yesterday, but everything was canceled. Hopefully tomorrow.

We flew to IN last Thursday, for my MIL's 90th Birthday Saturday. Since it's IN in January, we knew the weather would be iffy. So we rented a '16 Rubicon.

We were supposed to fly home yesterday, but everything was canceled. Hopefully tomorrow.

Should take the rental on the rocks . Lol

Should take the rental on the rocks . Lol
We were in Indiana. Not terribly far from Badlands Offroad Park in Attica. Which is where we competed in 4Wheeler Magazines Real Truck Challenge.
But I would never, under any circumstances, take a rented Rubicon to the Badlands just to see how it did and revisit the site. Nope. Not me. Never. I'm sure that would violate the rental agreement. The thought didn't even begin to consider the mere possibility of crossing my mind.

Where were you at in Indiana?

Put the hardtop and doors back on. Supposed to be cold and rainy here in FL all weekend. Need to look at the turn signal switch. Everytime I flip the turn signal on, the wipers make one swipe. Weird since the wipers are on the other switch!

View attachment 123694
Do you have any info on your rear bumper that you can share? Pretty interesting. Thanks