What did you do to your JK today?

Got my custom Katzkin leather seats installed a little before Christmas. Love them! Also installed my XG Cargo bags.

View attachment 123405

View attachment 123408
View attachment 123406

View attachment 123407

View attachment 123410
View attachment 123409
The new seats really transform the interior . Makes it
pop! Been thinking about Katzkin for awhile .
I stumbled upon the cargo bags a couple months ago.
Really like the mounting area. Out of the way and
doesn't block views or take up space .
They are on my list .

I installed a non-mopar remote start. I like the factory-ness of the Mopar kit, but this was a third of the price and utilizes the existing remote keys (and was a gift from the wife). The install was easy-peasy and it seems to work fairly well.

Removing the lower steering column shroud was an absolute PITA. In mid-2016, Jeep extended a lip that slides under the steering wheel. I watched several videos on how to remove it, but man! Was it a bear. Once it was out, I took the Dremel and removed about 1/4" of the shroud in case I need to go back in sometime.

The new seats really transform the interior . Makes it
pop! Been thinking about Katzkin for awhile .
I stumbled upon the cargo bags a couple months ago.
Really like the mounting area. Out of the way and
doesn't block views or take up space .
They are on my list .
Thank you, I think so too. Love the seats so far, really transformed the interior and easy to clean. I had padding added to the seats when the leather went on, so much more supportive and comfortable. Very happy! Now to remove/cover/change a lot of the plastic silver trim on the interior. Haven’t found anything quality so far. Any suggestions? I think I am going to try plasti-dip.

They XG bags are well made. Looking forward to using them on my next trip to determine their overall usefulness. They kinda match my husky bags and seats haha

I finally got that one stubborn bolt to turn loose...
_nc_ohc=fF7p2GyvxPsAX89Gwwi&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.jpg

Thank you, I think so too. Love the seats so far, really transformed the interior and easy to clean. I had padding added to the seats when the leather went on, so much more supportive and comfortable. Very happy! Now to remove/cover/change a lot of the plastic silver trim on the interior. Haven’t found anything quality so far. Any suggestions? I think I am going to try plasti-dip.

They XG bags are well made. Looking forward to using them on my next trip to determine their overall usefulness. They kinda match my husky bags and seats haha
Agreed , too much plastic in the interior . Added some billet aluminum pieces during the summer to upgrade interior a bit . Maybe something you may like ?
51A37BFD-82D0-4290-B9D8-F2129B3B4A72.jpeg
EC5838B7-E924-4276-8238-15AE1C62B505.jpeg

Reactions: Jermbob28 and mrjp
Installed a new JVC stereo today (b-day gift). Install went fairly smooth but did call Crutchfield a couple of times. I paid for the harnesses to be pre-wired and one they wired I didn’t need so that was one call. Then there were a couple of plugs from the Jeep that didn’t go anywhere so that was the second call, guess the new radio doesn’t need them. One was the navigation which I lost with the new radio, but it has CarPlay so don’t need it. The second square plug not sure what it was for might do some digging around. New systems sounds nice and everything seems to be working, steering wheel controls, amp, woofer etc. I didn’t try the DVD player yet, unit was on sale and had what I needed, doubt I ever use the DVD. Originally had a floating unit ordered, but the more I thought about it figured in the long run wouldn’t be happy with it sticking out.
A1467231-CF79-43E5-9726-342428B042F5.jpeg

Installed a new JVC stereo today (b-day gift). Install went fairly smooth but did call Crutchfield a couple of times. I paid for the harnesses to be pre-wired and one they wired I didn’t need so that was one call. Then there were a couple of plugs from the Jeep that didn’t go anywhere so that was the second call, guess the new radio doesn’t need them. One was the navigation which I lost with the new radio, but it has CarPlay so don’t need it. The second square plug not sure what it was for might do some digging around. New systems sounds nice and everything seems to be working, steering wheel controls, amp, woofer etc. I didn’t try the DVD player yet, unit was on sale and had what I needed, doubt I ever use the DVD. Originally had a floating unit ordered, but the more I thought about it figured in the long run wouldn’t be happy with it sticking out.
View attachment 123426
Looks really good . Personally prefer the clean lines of a direct replacement head unit over the floating heads .
Do you have a model #?

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp
Agreed , too much plastic in the interior . Added some billet aluminum pieces during the summer to upgrade interior a bit . Maybe something you may like ?View attachment 123424View attachment 123425
Where did you find those? Come in different colors?

I’m looking to get rid of the silver especially on the doors. Don’t really care for how it looks next to the new seats accent colors. All the trim kits I have seen have been cheap plastic and usually wild gloss colors or carbon fiber, neither of which I am going for.

Reactions: Speartip
Where did you find those? Come in different colors?

I’m looking to get rid of the silver especially on the doors. Don’t really care for how it looks next to the new seats accent colors. All the trim kits I have seen have been cheap plastic and usually wild gloss colors or carbon fiber, neither of which I am going for.
E76DA604-BE92-48AE-BD84-D48497A81237.jpeg

I also have a Rugged Ridge billet aluminum Holy Shit handle . My iPad mini is attached to the handle .

Shifter is a DV 8 . Avilable in brushed aluminum or black
Think it’s the same shifter handle offered by Rugged Ridge . They look identical. .

Shifter console DV8. Only available brushed aluminum.

Cup Holder . Couldn’t find purchase in my eBay or Amazon history so bought it from elsewhere .
Think it was Rugged Ridge . It was only available in brushed aluminum but matched the shifter console bezel really well.

Carolina Metal Masters offers passenger side front billet aluminum grab bar in a variety of dif anodized colours . They are more expensive ..

https://cmmoffroad.com/en-ca?gclid=...XZFA90BIsqlwScYKeVPWk18dVCDaNTqRoC-j0QAvD_BwE

If you find some aluminum pieces could always get anodized to your preference of colour .

Personally I like the aluminum finish . I’ve got aluminum tie rod & drag link so a. bit of an aluminum theme going on . Track Bar is red so my control arms are going to be red . Other than that it’s all black .

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirty Dog
Good call on those KC lites! From the photo they look Super brite! Love the lines on that Jeep. Looks awesome 👍👍🍺🍺🍺
Bright AF to be honest . Would highly recommend
them to anyone looking for addional lighting .
They are considered a spot beam.
But the beam is quite a wide pattern for
a spot so excellent trail and ditch coverage.

Reactions: mrjp and BigAL07