What did you do to your JK today?

Jqp6S7RpNIUZA7b8BHXof3B77U=w577-h766-no?authuser=0.jpg

This finally showed up on Friday after ordering it around the 14th of March from JEGS.com

They by far had the best price. I was not impressed with much else about them, but since is was almost $300 less than most others, $400 less than some I'm fine with it.

The only updates I got were "Processing" for most of that time, and "Shipped" a few days before hand. There was no way to see anything else. I couldn't even tell who it was shipped with. But it arrived in good shape, not missing anything, and it got installed on Saturday, along with the Rubicon Express skid-plate. The install sucked, but it's done.

Here is the original one, at least what was left of it.
yeAGHR3K45iGCpNb0umr0O6R4x=w577-h766-no?authuser=0.jpg

Well... the time has come... I will be trading the Jeep in. I have been planning to move to a 4Runner for a while now. This week i blew out the third axle seal in a year. This could have been from a number of things, but I have been having to fix a lot of different things lately and it made me start seriously considering trading in. With the price of used cars right now, I am going to try to "get while the gettin is good". After running the financials I will gain 16K in equity and drop my monthly payment by 200 dollars if I move to a new 4Runner.

With that being said, I have a set of Black Paint matched Mopar Highline fenders if anyone wants them. I have them listed at 750 obo since they are around 1000 new and you can't really get them. The buyer would have to pay shipping, but still worth it imo. Just putting this here first so that you guys have first dibs.

tempImage4tCPPK.jpg

sun was shining and I took the long way home, we got a little muddy. first time this year but not the last. and we also found this last week. gonna wire wheel both sides down and duraline to whole run aka carpet delete. on the plus side, the smell is gone.
tempImagefWsfA8.jpg

Well... the time has come... I will be trading the Jeep in. I have been planning to move to a 4Runner for a while now. This week i blew out the third axle seal in a year. This could have been from a number of things, but I have been having to fix a lot of different things lately and it made me start seriously considering trading in. With the price of used cars right now, I am going to try to "get while the gettin is good". After running the financials I will gain 16K in equity and drop my monthly payment by 200 dollars if I move to a new 4Runner.

With that being said, I have a set of Black Paint matched Mopar Highline fenders if anyone wants them. I have them listed at 750 obo since they are around 1000 new and you can't really get them. The buyer would have to pay shipping, but still worth it imo. Just putting this here first so that you guys have first dibs.
Say it ain’t so! Enjoy seeing you in the forum.

I added this;
1649206357497.png

Then I programmed 2 new flip-keys.
They both start the car, lock, unlock, and engage the panic function, but neither one of them will remote start the vehicle.
When I double-press the button, the lights flash twice, and then nothing.
The original key still works for remote start.
The module is active in Jscan.

I may take them (along w/ the JK) to the locksmith and see iof his programming procedure will enable the remote start function.

I'm kind of bummed, but I was warned ahead of time.

ydtm.png

j/k.

Not really.

Maybe.

Hey, we all go through stuff like this. I had a hiatus back in the 00's because 3 kids in the back of a CJ didn't cut it. Always appreciate your input @IndominusHuman. Lived in Arkansas for a while and have good memories of Camp Robinson, Petit Jean, Heber Springs, Lake Conway... Good Luck with the 4Runner ;)

Reactions: Vman and Danarch
I added this;
View attachment 120907
Then I programmed 2 new flip-keys.
They both start the car, lock, unlock, and engage the panic function, but neither one of them will remote start the vehicle.
When I double-press the button, the lights flash twice, and then nothing.
The original key still works for remote start.
The module is active in Jscan.

I may take them (along w/ the JK) to the locksmith and see iof his programming procedure will enable the remote start function.

I'm kind of bummed, but I was warned ahead of time.
Yep that's the same result I had. Remote start no workee I don't think it sends the correct signal to remote start

I may lurk around every once and a while. After all, old habits do die hard.

I should still have the Jeep for a little bit. It’s super hard to get a 4Runner I want at the moment so I’ve been put into the next allotment
I understand. I will say this though, nothing like a Jeep. I had my YJ for about 9 years, then re-built a 55 Willy’s pick up which I had for about 5 years as a DD. Also had a 55 Willy’s wagon for A short time. After several years I wanted Jeep again and have to say “boy it feels good to be behind the wheel of a Jeep!” Please do stop in and say hello and stick around.

Reactions: mrjp
I may lurk around every once and a while. After all, old habits do die hard.

I should still have the Jeep for a little bit. It’s super hard to get a 4Runner I want at the moment so I’ve been put into the next allotment
You will be missed.
Enjoyed and appreciated your insight, adventures and thoughts.
Please stop by now and again to let us know how things are wheeling for ya!

Reactions: mrjp and Danarch
New shocks are in!
If anyone can point me to the engineer that designed the top, right, front shock mount configuration, I will gladly kick them in the face.

It took more time to install that right front shock than all other 3!
WTH is that plastic thing that conceals access to the top nut?
I ended up using a sawzall blade to trim off enough material to get my finger and a wrench in there.

The improved ride is worth the effort though, and by doing it myself, I saved enough $$ that I won't have to quit drinking this week. ;)

If anyone can point me to the engineer that designed the top, right, front shock mount configuration, I will gladly kick them in the face.
Agreed, well not the kicking part. I even wrote AEV an email about it since they said they worked with Blisten on the shocks and said they need to figure out a method like the ones that came out. They responded, that was what Bilstein has and was the only option, crazy!

• Face Palm
Reactions: mrjp
View attachment 120900

This finally showed up on Friday after ordering it around the 14th of March from JEGS.com

They by far had the best price. I was not impressed with much else about them, but since is was almost $300 less than most others, $400 less than some I'm fine with it.

The only updates I got were "Processing" for most of that time, and "Shipped" a few days before hand. There was no way to see anything else. I couldn't even tell who it was shipped with. But it arrived in good shape, not missing anything, and it got installed on Saturday, along with the Rubicon Express skid-plate. The install sucked, but it's done.

Here is the original one, at least what was left of it.
View attachment 120901
Wow your old one was rusted!!!