What did you do to your JK today?

It's not what I did to my JK but what it did to it's self, the other day when I was driving home my ESP OFF light came on along with the ABS and Traction Control. In a way i'm glad I don't like the traction control and don't need the ABS so i'm not going to worry about fixing them.

I've driven about 50 years without ESP and ABS and still alive to talk about it.

View attachment 120109
It will just be a wheel speed sensor.. 5 minute fix.

It's not what I did to my JK but what it did to it's self, the other day when I was driving home my ESP OFF light came on along with the ABS and Traction Control. In a way i'm glad I don't like the traction control and don't need the ABS so i'm not going to worry about fixing them.

I've driven about 50 years without ESP and ABS and still alive to talk about it.

View attachment 120109
Damn! Your dash is lit up like a Christmas tree

Got the rack set up to accommodate my MTB. Ordered the parts for limb risers that should be put on Sunday.

Also got the new radio installed this morning, but that left bitter taste in my mouth since I didn’t want to replace my old one. 😑

6C164E5E-029D-4886-B397-1F04D68391BD.jpeg

9ACCB3E0-1B2C-45D7-859C-C2296597DFCA.jpeg

Added some limb risers today. We use them here in Arkansas 😂

I will probably modify in the future. I bought tube clamps so I could mount it to the rack and not drill into the Jeep itself.

Sorry for the crummy pic. It’s getting dark so early now 😭😭

69302411-7BCB-45EE-BE5F-E703DE561972.jpeg

Added some limb risers today. We use them here in Arkansas 😂

I will probably modify in the future. I bought tube clamps so I could mount it to the rack and not drill into the Jeep itself.

Sorry for the crummy pic. It’s getting dark so early now 😭😭

View attachment 120125
I can see a string of little yellow ducks up and down those limb risers.....lol......

Is that an OEM cross member or a heavier gauge after-market and who's skid plate did you attach?
It’s is aftermarket HD cross member. The stock was beat up some so replaced it with a HD one. All parts are Rock Hard 4x4. They have been good to work with and great products. Skids can be added in pieces as funds allow and all tie together.

Reactions: mrjp and BLACKJKU
Switching all the Gobi hardware to Grade 8. Not only to blend in, but also for strength. I bent two of the bolts they sent when installing the rack (User error, but still….)

I feel as if when spending that much money on a roof rack, they should supply grade 8 hardware.

Also swapped the carriage bolts for traditional for ease of removal. I honestly hate carriage bolts…anyone else?

A538B280-7030-4707-9C83-9FC1384EF012.jpeg

Switching all the Gobi hardware to Grade 8. Not only to blend in, but also for strength. I bent two of the bolts they sent when installing the rack (User error, but still….)

I feel as if when spending that much money on a roof rack, they should supply grade 8 hardware.

Also swapped the carriage bolts for traditional for ease of removal. I honestly hate carriage bolts…anyone else?

View attachment 120159

Carriage bolts are ok for trailer floor boards.

View attachment 120160View attachment 120161Made a trip up Signal Peak today. Had to use the winch at one spot with my wife’s Jeep.
Is that Barbara's Lake?
I remember as a kid in the 60's there was nothing between Newport and Laguna, Laguna to Dana and then to San Clemente. We used to camp at San Clemente State Beach before it was surrounded by houses and golf courses.

Reactions: mrjp
Is that Barbara's Lake?
I remember as a kid in the 60's there was nothing between Newport and Laguna, Laguna to Dana and then to San Clemente. We used to camp at San Clemente State Beach before it was surrounded by houses and golf courses.
That lake in foreground is Fordyce Lake in Northen CA, up by Truckee. There is a trail called Fordyce Lake, which I started on back when I had my YJ, ended up finding a spot to turn around and came back down. I am not sure as I didn’t finish it, but I would suggest it is harder then the Rubicon. Maybe “harder“ isn’t the best word, but the rocks were very sharp and one of them did put a slice in the factory skid. I just decided it wasn’t worth it. That is after being over the Rubicon three times. Maybe it was just the section I was in, but I didn’t want to continue.

Reactions: Anybodyhome