What did you do to your JK today?

This will only work if you have 2 already programed keys. The 1st 2 steps must be completed in 15 seconds or less. Step 1. You take your 1st key, put it in the ignition, turn to on but do not start the engine. Start counting when the dash lights up. I counted to 5. Turn the key off and remove the key. Keep counting during the whole process. Step 2. Insert your 2nd key, you should be around 10 seconds at this point, turn on but do not start the engine. Leave the key inserted until your security light starts to flash. I waited 5 seconds after I saw the light flashing. Turn to off and remove the key. Step 3. Insert your new key, turn to on but do not start the engine. If successful, the security light will stop flashing. I waited 5 seconds after the light stopped flashing. Turn the key to the off position and remove. Now take the new key, reinsert in the ignition and turn the engine on. It took me longer to wright this than it did to program my new key! Hope this helps.

This will only work if you have 2 already programed keys. The 1st 2 steps must be completed in 15 seconds or less. Step 1. You take your 1st key, put it in the ignition, turn to on but do not start the engine. Start counting when the dash lights up. I counted to 5. Turn the key off and remove the key. Keep counting during the whole process. Step 2. Insert your 2nd key, you should be around 10 seconds at this point, turn on but do not start the engine. Leave the key inserted until your security light starts to flash. I waited 5 seconds after I saw the light flashing. Turn to off and remove the key. Step 3. Insert your new key, turn to on but do not start the engine. If successful, the security light will stop flashing. I waited 5 seconds after the light stopped flashing. Turn the key to the off position and remove. Now take the new key, reinsert in the ignition and turn the engine on. It took me longer to wright this than it did to program my new key! Hope this helps.
Don’t you just need one key with the Jscan app?

Reactions: mrjp
This will only work if you have 2 already programed keys. The 1st 2 steps must be completed in 15 seconds or less. Step 1. You take your 1st key, put it in the ignition, turn to on but do not start the engine. Start counting when the dash lights up. I counted to 5. Turn the key off and remove the key. Keep counting during the whole process. Step 2. Insert your 2nd key, you should be around 10 seconds at this point, turn on but do not start the engine. Leave the key inserted until your security light starts to flash. I waited 5 seconds after I saw the light flashing. Turn to off and remove the key. Step 3. Insert your new key, turn to on but do not start the engine. If successful, the security light will stop flashing. I waited 5 seconds after the light stopped flashing. Turn the key to the off position and remove. Now take the new key, reinsert in the ignition and turn the engine on. It took me longer to wright this than it did to program my new key! Hope this

I don't have jscan, is that something I need added to the tool box? Jscan needed to program the fob I'm assuming? Sorry, jk stuff is still new to me.

@Lxxtsy I think the wheel well spacing, and the wheels look awesome.

@PellstonJKR no matter the brand, in the rustbelt (including New England area) if it can rust, it will. Looks good! Just hit the inside areas / backside with Fluid Film or the like products. Will protect it for the winter months.
Thanks. Debating on spacing the wheel a tab bit out for a wider stance, so we shall see.

Reactions: Threepointsix

Don't forget to hokey pokey between step 2 and 3 :ROFLMAO:

Glad it worked out for you though, forums for every car ever made and ebay key fob woes are amazing.

• Haha
Reactions: JeepJeezy
I don't have jscan, is that something I need added to the tool box? Jscan needed to program the fob I'm assuming? Sorry, jk stuff is still new to me.
JScan is a very handy tool. The app is free but you can by a license for $20. Then a OBDII Bluetooth adapter for $20-$30. Then you can customize settings, check for codes when the CEL comes on etc. Plus can use while in 4WD to monitor things etc.

JScan is a very handy tool. The app is free but you can by a license for $20. Then a OBDII Bluetooth adapter for $20-$30. Then you can customize settings, check for codes when the CEL comes on etc. Plus can use while in 4WD to monitor things etc.
On the website there's 3 adapters for the JK, which one would I need?

Reactions: PellstonJKR
Swapped the stock hood latches with JL style ones. Will see how they hold up 🍻🍻

20211229_170104.jpg