What did you do to your JK today?

Well dam if I was home we could have met up. O well next time. Sounds like you had a great time.

Did a trans fluid & filter change on my 2016 & rebuilt & reinstalled the front drive shaft (cv joint) on my son's 08.

Gotta say the topside vacuum pump is awesome. Minimal mess.

Reactions: Danarch
Swapped my subwoofer into a new sealed box, sounds SO much better than the ported box it came in!

20211010_151129.jpg

20211010_155148.jpg

I drained the gear oil in my axles after the break-in peroid was over. I had Yukon Limited Slip differentials put in both axles and Yukon recommended adding this friction additive.

20211009_093250.jpg

Reactions: mrjp
Wasn’t what I did to it but what I did with it. Top down , doors off surprised my son by picking him up from school. The other kids were telling him how lucky he was to ride in a cool Jeep . He was king of after school pick up today ! Lol!
Haha! I've been doing this with my daughter recently. Doors off makes dropping them off/picking them up nearly seamless. Even had a parking lot monitor yell out, "Cool Jeep", which was kind of fun at 6:45 in the morning.

Also, it's kind of fun when the friends comment on how much you suck when you show up with doors/tops on.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mrjp and Largehit71
Haha! I've been doing this with my daughter recently. Doors off makes dropping them off/picking them up nearly seamless. Even had a parking lot monitor yell out, "Cool Jeep", which was kind of fun at 6:45 in the morning.

Also, it's kind of fun when the friends comment on how much you suck when you show up with doors/tops on.
My daughter LOVES when I pick her up with the tube doors on and top off! The teachers and kids tell her how cool her dads Jeep is and she just has the biggest smile ever. You know who isn't smiling? The dad behind me driving the minivan. He always glares at me.

My daughter LOVES when I pick her up with the tube doors on and top off! The teachers and kids tell her how cool her dads Jeep is and she just has the biggest smile ever. You know who isn't smiling? The dad behind me driving the minivan. He always glares at me.
Sucks to be that dad

• Haha
Reactions: mrjp and JeepJeezy
Just to take them off. Good old click type torque wrench to 100ft pounds when they went back on (y)

Just to take them off. Good old click type torque wrench to 100ft pounds when they went back on (y)

Yea I figured you'd use a torque wrench to make sure you don't loose the wheels driving down the road. What model no is the Dewalt i've been thinking about getting one.

Reactions: mrjp
Yea I figured you'd use a torque wrench to make sure you don't loose the wheels driving down the road. What model no is the Dewalt i've been thinking about getting one.
I`ve got the 1/2" and 3/8" and drill motor. They seem to work good I have no complaints.

IMG_4017.jpeg
IMG_4020.jpeg
IMG_4019.jpeg
IMG_4018.jpeg

Reactions: BLACKJKU