What did you do to your JK today?

Ordered the JCR overhead Molle panel to get some clutter cleaned up and to have a place to mount the 8 gang switch controller I got. I didn't want to drill the dash and the 8 gang is just a hold over until i want to pull the trigger on the SPOD.

KC lights are out for delivery as well so will mount them today and then wire up on Friday.

Ordered the JCR overhead Molle panel to get some clutter cleaned up and to have a place to mount the 8 gang switch controller I got. I didn't want to drill the dash and the 8 gang is just a hold over until i want to pull the trigger on the SPOD.

KC lights are out for delivery as well so will mount them today and then wire up on Friday.
Does jcr offer one that allows for a sPOD? The Molle Platform Solutions one does, but the one I looked up on the jcr site says it does not.

I finally got my soft top on today. I was waiting to get torx bolts that hold the soft top brackets to the roll bar. I put up the top, washed the Jeep, and then took the top right back off.

Installed the JCR Off-road Overhead Molle panel. Wasn’t able to get great pictures due to it getting dark, but only took about an hour.

also….nutserts are from the devil! Even with a professional nutsert tool they suck! One of the two spun on me, but luckily the bolt was in enough before it started spinning. Might try some JB Weld over the weekend.

E6E3D708-76D4-4176-9A69-F96F59D0BC12.jpeg

Installed the JCR Off-road Overhead Molle panel. Wasn’t able to get great pictures due to it getting dark, but only took about an hour.

also….nutserts are from the devil! Even with a professional nutsert tool they suck! One of the two spun on me, but luckily the bolt was in enough before it started spinning. Might try some JB Weld over the weekend.

View attachment 119819
Haha! Sorry... I do kinda agree that nutsert installation requires a certain "je ne sais quoi"... touch? Maybe it's part art form. I'm out of practice but have used them many times in the past and occasionally have had a spinner. Ah well. At least the install looks good ;)

Haha! Sorry... I do kinda agree that nutsert installation requires a certain "je ne sais quoi"... touch? Maybe it's part art form. I'm out of practice but have used them many times in the past and occasionally have had a spinner. Ah well. At least the install looks good ;)
If the metal is deformed even slightly, I think they spin. Damn things!

Left front speaker blew out, so ordered 4 new speakers, mono amp, and a new sub. Old sub can be gifted.
I hope you ordered a Jeep-compatible speaker.

You'll notice the soundbar and front speakers have these 3 external tabs on them that bolt to a bracket inside the speaker enclosure:
1632322800288.png

Most car audio speakers don't have these three tabs, instead the mounting screws on the speaker are through a hole on the rim or frame of the speaker itself, such as the Rockford Fosgate Punch P1650s I installed in my JK:

1632323559427.png

If you ordered an aftermarket speaker not specifically manufactured for a Jeep, like the Rockford Fosgates I put in mine, you'll need to order a pair of SCOSCHE SAC656 speaker adapters:
1632323333156.png

If you ordered Kicker upgrades that are Jeep compatible, no worries. If you ordered something else and find out they might not work, let me know and I can walk you thru my install.

I took mine in to have a shop fix the AEV spare tire carrier (replaced the bushings). I have an android headunit, ham radio, over-mirror switches, a-pillar switches. Oh, and a dashcam. This is what the center stack looked like when I dropped it off. I was playing with Torque and dashboards and forgot where the setting was to keep Torque from automatically starting. Normally the head unit displays the radio as the "home" screen...

headunit.jpg

Just out of curiosity, I played back the dashcam video (forgot I had audio enabled, too). Listen to the commentary (the rattle is the carrier).

I hope you ordered a Jeep-compatible speaker.

You'll notice the soundbar and front speakers have these 3 external tabs on them that bolt to a bracket inside the speaker enclosure:
View attachment 119830

Most car audio speakers don't have these three tabs, instead the mounting screws on the speaker are through a hole on the rim or frame of the speaker itself, such as the Rockford Fosgate Punch P1650s I installed in my JK:

View attachment 119832

If you ordered an aftermarket speaker not specifically manufactured for a Jeep, like the Rockford Fosgates I put in mine, you'll need to order a pair of SCOSCHE SAC656 speaker adapters:
View attachment 119831

If you ordered Kicker upgrades that are Jeep compatible, no worries. If you ordered something else and find out they might not work, let me know and I can walk you thru my install.
Made sure they fit using crutchfields guide.

I got 2 sets of different speakers haha! All 4 are kickers, 100 rms.
Theyre temporary until I can afford focal components, oof those are pricey, but they sound so good. I'm more of sq than spl (quality/loud).

I took mine in to have a shop fix the AEV spare tire carrier (replaced the bushings). I have an android headunit, ham radio, over-mirror switches, a-pillar switches. Oh, and a dashcam. This is what the center stack looked like when I dropped it off. I was playing with Torque and dashboards and forgot where the setting was to keep Torque from automatically starting. Normally the head unit displays the radio as the "home" screen...

View attachment 119833

View attachment 119834
Just out of curiosity, I played back the dashcam video (forgot I had audio enabled, too). Listen to the commentary (the rattle is the carrier).
What headunit is that??

What headunit is that??
It's a Dasaita 10.2 inch Android, got it a few years ago. I would not recommend it to an Audiophile or someone that doesn't like tweaking things. It sounds as good as the stock unit (better with the right eq) and I expect it will improve when I eventually upgrade to better speakers. I wanted a full Android unit and not be limited by Android Auto.

Reactions: mrjp
It's a Dasaita 10.2 inch Android, got it a few years ago. I would not recommend it to an Audiophile or someone that doesn't like tweaking things. It sounds as good as the stock unit (better with the right eq) and I expect it will improve when I eventually upgrade to better speakers. I wanted a full Android unit and not be limited by Android Auto.
Stock headunit isn't very good, why I'm looking to upgrade. I have the stock navi, so looking for android so I can use my own (waze).

According to the information I have, yes. I don't have remote start so I can't confirm. This is the vid I used for info.
Okay I got my flip out key and had it cut. Got it programed with the jscan it was very easy. Just FYI the blank spot is not for remote start. When you double push it the parking lights flash and that is it. I think it is for a rear hatch. Still very happy to not have a key jabbing my leg.

Reactions: Savior_Six
Okay I got my flip out key and had it cut. Got it programed with the jscan it was very easy. Just FYI the blank spot is not for remote start. When you double push it the parking lights flash and that is it. I think it is for a rear hatch. Still very happy to not have a key jabbing my leg.
There was something in the comments of the video I posted where the author states you have press lock, unlock, and the spare button all at the same time.