What did you do to your JK today?

This is the bracket I'm using

Thank you, I looked at mine tonight at the base of the seat is different. Not sure if it’s because the seats are leather or what. Yours looks like they may be leather.

Picked up the fender flares from powder coat. Have to take one back because when I got it home there was a big ding down to the aluminum, but after that I will get them thrown on.

C7430E95-3FC4-411A-B07F-3789D772C04B.jpeg

Reactions: mrjp and Lxxtsy
Looks good, what lift did you go with? Did you add any other parts? Adjustable track bars, steering parts etc? I am considering a 2 - 2.5” lift. I don’t want to get into a bunch of other upgrades at the same time.
I was going to go with the Teraflex budget boost but since it was just pucks I went with the Rough Country because it also added the track bar bracket. If new coils or shocks were involved then I wouldn't have went with Rough Country.

would those running boards/steps also act as rock sliders or is that not their purpose
I would say no. The main reason I bought them was the wife's short legs :) The hope is the extra couple of inches lower will save her from busting a hip🤣

Reactions: mrjp
Picked up the last flare from powder coat after getting it fixed.
Now the dreaded install in the Arkansas Humidity.

View attachment 119114
Pack up all your tools and gear for a day, go out to one of the lakes and tinker, then swim, then tinker... repeat as necessary.

IMG_20210625_185050~2.jpg
IMG_20210625_185806.jpg

Jacked up my ugly tube bumper in Moab (Top of the World) that the PO installed. Bought a Sahara bumper for $40, took off the insert and sprayed some matching rattle can base/clear, sanded 800, 1200 & 2000 then cut/polished it. Turned out ok.

I've seen a couple of these Sahara bumpers painted to match the main body color and liked it. This will do til I find a good steel bumper I like or when I Jack it up 😆

View attachment 119130View attachment 119131

Jacked up my ugly tube bumper in Moab (Top of the World) that the PO installed. Bought a Sahara bumper for $40, took off the insert and sprayed some matching rattle can base/clear, sanded 800, 1200 & 2000 then cut/polished it. Turned out ok.

I've seen a couple of these Sahara bumpers painted to match the main body color and liked it. This will do til I find a good steel bumper I like or when I Jack it up 😆
and rear bumpers and went all black.
Nice job on yours, though, looks good.

Little deferred maintenance for me today.
The front cross rail on my SmittyBilt Defender roof rack took a rock not long ago (should have heard that at 70mph- sounded like a shotgun went off inside the JK), so I wire brushed it, applied some rust remover, rinsed and painted the spot.
Did the same with my grill insert (I have the one piece perforated style) but I think I'll coat it in some plasti-dip in the near future.

Last edited:
Loaded the 2door to bursting and heading out to camp. Yes everything except the picnic tables of course fit in the back of my two door Sahara . Even a grill and camp stove that is not in the pic.

B878F374-2B83-4F41-AB3D-09530545E567.jpeg

Last edited: