What did you do to your JK today?

Over the memorial day weekend, I gave in and told my wife, if the inside temp reaches 60 on the thermostat, she could turn the heater on. It got close at 62.

Reactions: mrjp
I installed my F&R fender liners and front fenders. Back ones are in the garage still as they shorted me hardware, that I am sure will ship from China...

Baby steps nonetheless.

Latest.jpg

After not having done any interior detailing in months, a much needed wipe down and leather clean/condition was in order. Not a real detail, but only had about an hour. Still, much better.
Dropped off my Fenders at powder coat last week. Hopefully they will get done quickly.

Not really Jeep related (more overland), ordered a swag today. Super excited to have a quick and comfortable option for setting up camp.

Last edited:
Can you share the link? I'm in the market for speakers and radio.

Thanks
Okay, to replace soundbar speakers, you're gonna need a few parts to adapt to both the soundbar and the wiring harness.
First off, look at the soundbar speaker grill, which is a 3-bolt torx pattern. This is a screw which goes thru the speaker grill and thru a steel screw clip which is slipped into a slot in the molded plastic of the soundbar.
1622997524206.png

The diameter of the molded plastic recess for the speaker is 7.5". Just about any replacement speaker you buy will not have these 3 screw tabs extended from the speaker frame. I purchased the Rockford Fosgate 1650 (6.5") speakers, and the mounting screws are integrated into the speaker frame:

1622997822618.png

This speaker is made with a 4-screw attachment pattern and it does not come with the Chrysler wiring harness connector, so you'll need this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007WTEVM/?tag=jkforum-20

1622998146688.png

Now, I believe you can screw these speakers right into the molded plastic of the soundbar, but the inch or so left open around the speaker grill is going to look a little unfinished and the soundbar molded ABS or plastic doesn't seem all that sturdy and feels like it would vibrate a lot in a Jeep environment. So I opted to purchase this adapter:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NWEJWA/?tag=jkforum-20

1622998356169.png

Everything was purchased on Amazon: speakers were $109, speaker adapters were $12 and the wiring harness connector was $6.90.
I was going to fabricate my own adapters from a piece of 1/4" HPVC, but I'm very picky about seeing an unfinished look or something that looks too homemade. Besides, my time, labor and material is worth a whole lot more than $12.

This is way less than $150, so I'll be replacing the front lower dash speakers next, possibly the dash top tweeters at the same time if I can find a deal for the set.

Oh, by the way, I'm pretty confident the Rockford Fosgate 6.75" speakers will fit into the opening as well, but you'll still need the ring adapter if you want the finished look.

Reactions: mrjp and Danarch
Okay, to replace soundbar speakers, you're gonna need a few parts to adapt to both the soundbar and the wiring harness.
First off, look at the soundbar speaker grill, which is a 3-bolt torx pattern. This is a screw which goes thru the speaker grill and thru a steel screw clip which is slipped into a slot in the molded plastic of the soundbar.
View attachment 119008

The diameter of the molded plastic recess for the speaker is 7.5". Just about any replacement speaker you buy will not have these 3 screw tabs extended from the speaker frame. I purchased the Rockford Fosgate 1650 (6.5") speakers, and the mounting screws are integrated into the speaker frame:

View attachment 119010

This speaker is made with a 4-screw attachment pattern and it does not come with the Chrysler wiring harness connector, so you'll need this:

View attachment 119012

Now, I believe you can screw these speakers right into the molded plastic of the soundbar, but the inch or so left open around the speaker grill is going to look a little unfinished and the soundbar molded ABS or plastic doesn't seem all that sturdy and feels like it would vibrate a lot in a Jeep environment. So I opted to purchase this adapter:

View attachment 119013

Everything was purchased on Amazon: speakers were $109, speaker adapters were $12 and the wiring harness connector was $6.90.
I was going to fabricate my own adapters from a piece of 1/4" HPVC, but I'm very picky about seeing an unfinished look or something that looks too homemade. Besides, my time, labor and material is worth a whole lot more than $12.

This is way less than $150, so I'll be replacing the front lower dash speakers next, possibly the dash top tweeters at the same time if I can find a deal for the set.

Oh, by the way, I'm pretty confident the Rockford Fosgate 6.75" speakers will fit into the opening as well, but you'll still need the ring adapter if you want the finished look.
According to Amazon the adaptor wires
View attachment 119008

View attachment 119010

View attachment 119012

View attachment 119013

According to Amazon the wire adapters will not fit my 2015 JKU