Jeep wont start

They found the issue!

The fuel pump failed and caused the pressure to shut off the engine, unsure how that relates to the ignition, but theyre rewiring everything and new terminals, all covered under warranty.

For now, they gave me a JL as a rental, I like the transmission a lot.
Great news!

Reactions: Jino
What all did they find was wrong with your Jeep? You forgot to update us this also might help someone else with a similar problem.

Reactions: Danarch
Well, here I am looking for a resolve for my NO START. 2013 JKU. Turn the key and I've got power. I hear also hear a click but no ignition, no engine turn. I reset the throttle as discussed in this thread and no dice. The lightning bolt DID shut OFF, but still no start. Another reason to sell my JK.

Anyone have any ideas? Horn works fine, so Im thinking Ive got enough juice and all my accessories work as they should. This is unreal.

Well, here I am looking for a resolve for my NO START. 2013 JKU. Turn the key and I've got power. I hear also hear a click but no ignition, no engine turn. I reset the throttle as discussed in this thread and no dice. The lightning bolt DID shut OFF, but still no start. Another reason to sell my JK.

Anyone have any ideas? Horn works fine, so Im thinking Ive got enough juice and all my accessories work as they should. This is unreal.

Are your key FOB batteries good?

Battery cables and clamps clean and tight?

Battery good?

Reactions: mrjp
Are your key FOB batteries good?

Battery cables and clamps clean and tight?

Battery good?
Cables and key fob batteries are solid. Clean too, as I always keep my terminals tight and clean. I'll use my other key, if it makes a difference just to be sure.

Im guessing its my battery. I knocked on the starter 2x's and it didn't help (thinking it was the starter) but what I did noticed, after posting here, is that when I locked the Jeep with the fob, the horn was weak. So first thing I need to check is the battery.

Had to run out of the house for an appointment @2pm. Here now, thankful to family. When I get back I'll check the battery and chime back. Thanks @BLACKJKU !

Back home. Checked the other fob, same symptoms. Also hit the "lock" button again, and still got the weak sounding horn. All connections are clean and solid. Battery has an install date of MAY 2017. So its possible that it's on its way out. Will jumpstart when the wife gets home and post my results.

Jump started and fired right up. Let it tun for about 10 min, shit it off and it would not start. Click, click. Jummped it again, fired right up. Have to test the alternator. Taking it for a spin around the neighborhood and will try again.

Battery isnt that old. 2017, NAPA Legend Premium AGM. Gotta be the alternator.

Don't you have a meter to check your charging volts?
Nope, but I'll be getting one tomorrow. Ive never really done any electrical testing on any of my vehicles. No better time to start than now, though.

After about a 20 minute ride, getting up to 40 mph, I came back home, parked it shut her down. Went to immediately start it and got the multiple click sound of a dying battery. Clearly, is not charging. So I'll be checking the alternator next.

Will chime back.

Reactions: mrjp
Nope, but I'll be getting one tomorrow. Ive never really done any electrical testing on any of my vehicles. No better time to start than now, though.

After about a 20 minute ride, getting up to 40 mph, I came back home, parked it shut her down. Went to immediately start it and got the multiple click sound of a dying battery. Clearly, is not charging. So I'll be checking the alternator next.

Will chime back.

My bet is on the battery, if the alternator was bad and the battery wasn't being charged when your driving it you wouldn't get very far once the battery got drained down.

@SteveF @BLACKJKU
I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully it is the battery. I dont really feel like switching out the alternator, as easy as it is. And, it makes sense since the Jeep has been sitting dormant as of Wednesday afternoon and today, out of the blue it failed to start.

Will report back.

Indeed, it ran with no issues after unplugging the cables @SteveF

Meanwhile, I read a lot about car batteries and brands / manufacturers last night. Currently it's running an AGM battery because the previous owner said his mechanic recommended it due to the Jeep having a winch. I decided that I don't need that tech so Im on the way to pick up an OG, OE style battery.

Thank you all for your help. I'll chime back within the next 24 hours with, hopefully, positive results.

Also @BLACKJKU Im picking up a multimeter as well. I know I'll be needing it at some point.....sooner than later.