Jeep wont start

Dealer gave me a JL as a rental. Transmission is very nice, wish I had theb8 speed in my JK.

Reactions: mrjp
Key works, engine starts for a second then dies.
Check see if the doors unlock via remote. 06 Ram 1500 done the same thing; but the keyless entry didn't work along with the gauges acting stupid. Just food for thought it was the module at the ignition switch went bad. My 2011 JKU has the same system.

Check see if the doors unlock via remote. 06 Ram 1500 done the same thing; but the keyless entry didn't work along with the gauges acting stupid. Just food for thought it was the module at the ignition switch went bad. My 2011 JKU has the same system.

Yea Chrysler doesn't change much between all there different models.

Jeep called back.

They said it was my pod lights that fried my ignition.

Everything was wired properly and grounded, not sure how this happened.
This will not be covered under warranty, I am so screwed. Just paid hefty hospital bill and broke.

• Sad
Jeep called back.

This will not be covered under warranty, I am so screwed. Just paid hefty hospital bill and broke.

What part of your ignition was fried?

Jeep called back.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that.

I'd tell them that you want to see what was the problem since your paying for the repair. They could be just saying that to get out of Warranty work.

I'd tell them that you want to see what was the problem since your paying for the repair. They could be just saying that to get out of Warranty work.
Well, I trust them. They've done work and covered it under warranty even though it wasnt.
They will write the report with the issues when they're done.

What happens if the cost is more than I can afford, do they keep the vehicle until paid?

Well, I trust them. They've done work and covered it under warranty even though it wasnt.
They will write the report with the issues when they're done.

What happens if the cost is more than I can afford, do they keep the vehicle until paid?
They most likely offer some kind of 3rd party credit plan.

They found the issue!

The fuel pump failed and caused the pressure to shut off the engine, unsure how that relates to the ignition, but theyre rewiring everything and new terminals, all covered under warranty.

For now, they gave me a JL as a rental, I like the transmission a lot.