What did you do to your JK today?

QUOTE="JerryD, post: 458375, member: 17662"]
I just need to make to the PNW. I haven't been there since I was a kid. Love seeing the pictures @Speartip !
[/QUOTE]
Thanks JerryD. Glad you like the pics.
We have similar terrain to Washington State
for sure .
It you look closely at this pic.
The snow capped mountains in the distance
are the Cascade Mountain Range in Washington State.
Just across the JuanDeFuca Strait .
06FFF91C-F70D-40EA-9C6F-B50F09B5DF0D.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirty Dog
They look good! I been in the market for covers.
Model # 91002A for the 4 door . Here is some Amazon info . On the CDN site they are now on sale .
The seat covers are designed specifically for Jeep JKU so they do fit really well . Def not a”universal “ design .
The sides of front seats have built in flaps for air bag deployment . Don’t even notice the flaps when installed
09E1B64E-9109-4139-8CA4-8F4F6903A086.png
B43EBA84-AA7C-43F8-B65E-18A8723818F7.png

Last edited:
Model # 91002A for the 4 door . Here is some Amazon info . On the CDN site they are now on sale .
The seat covers are designed specifically for Jeep JKU so they do fit really well . Def not a”universal “ design .
The sides of front seats have built in flaps for air bag deployment . Don’t even notice the flaps when installed
On sale in America too! Thanks for the info. Ordered a set. Couldn't beat the price.

Well, toss me on the new RC seat covers list too. $119 was way cheaper than their normal cost. Won’t see them till late June, but I can wait. Thanks. I was looking at them last week at $200. Looked at the Diver Down covers too. Both are quality items.

Screen Shot 2023-05-26 at 7.15.18 AM.png

Last edited:
Today I relocated my backup camera. I had it up on the third brake light pedestal but it couldn't see down over the spare. I looked at buying a mount that fits behind the spare and lets the camera peek through the rim spokes. But, they were $75 and up and came with a camera and I already had a camera. So, I fabricated my own bracket. Also, this kept me from having to remove and remount the spare and my back is thanking me for that.

I had a long strip of metal with pre-drilled holes (no idea what it's called, I'm sure there's a name for it) leftover from something else I did years ago (never throw anything away kids) so I cut it and drilled a hole in it to fit over the lug. The little camera bracket fit perfectly with the existing holes but I did have to cut a piece of aluminum for a backing plate. I painted everything and mounted it and it works great. It mounts tightly using just the bottom lug nut.

The metal strip is thick enough to not flex but I was able to bend it to align the camera. If I ever need to use the spare it's narrow enough to just fit though the center hole in the rim without me having to disconnect the camera. Looks much better without that pedestal sticking up above the tire.

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0363 (1).jpg

Washed still more mud out of crevices from last weekend’s fun. Pulled the CB radio system and eyeballing the GMRS setup. Bought some LED bulbs for the KC Hi-Lite Apollo lights and remounted them. The 15w Chinesium cube ones are lackluster at best.

Plasma, LCD or LED? Just moved my parents 86 and 90 out of the retirement home. Stuff was heavy, then got cheap light, now heavy again. All Good
Honestly, I'm not sure. It's a 4K screen, which I think are mostly LED. It's not particularly heavy, just bulky, and with the packaging I didn't want to try to stuff it in one of the Jeeps.

Reactions: Speartip