TPMS: new wheels and J-SCAN

WestCoastDan

JK Enthusiast
I've read all of the threads that I found using the search function and all seem to indicate that Mopar sensors made after 2013 are all the same frequency, so...

The sensors in the 2022 JL wheels that I just installed SHOULD work in our 2015, but they have not been discovered after driving more than 50 miles.

First thing I did was set all tires to 32PSI, THEN I went into JSCAN & tried to reset the values associated w/ the sensors, but it seems like I need the ID code/MAC ID/etc. for each of the new sensors in order for the system to see them.

So the question is...
Can I read the individual serial #/address of these new sensors w/ one of the scan/reset tools (or have a shop do it for me), or do I have to remove the tires to see the ID #'s?

I suspect that once I have these #'s, I 'll need to enter them manually into JSCAN and that SHOULD reconfigure the system to see the "new" sensors.

The scan tools are inexpensive, but what I have read here suggests one is not necessary and these sensors should be recognized after driving just a few miles.

For those following along, I went by a local tire shop and they scanned my new wheels... no sensors installed!

Then the guy told me that for only $500 they could install and program new sensors.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I told him that until these tires need to be replaced that I was able to monitor the pressure "the old fashioned way".

$500! That's a laugh.

Disabled through JSCAN, now instead of the flashing light and ding every time we start it, I just get a warning message to "check TPMS" and all tires read "0".

Reactions: Dirty Dog
Disabled through JSCAN, now instead of the flashing light and ding every time we start it, I just get a warning message to "check TPMS" and all tires read "0".
I had the same thing. I turned the parameters down as low as they would go, but also turned the basic on/off to off.

Reactions: Speartip
I just got new sensors too. Drove about 30 miles and they havent worked yet. I asked the installers whats up with that. They called the supplier / manufacturer which told them it should kick in around 80 to 100 miles, and it helps if a lot of that driving is highway / 60mph lol. "Self learning" sensors are slow.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is contrary to everything I’ve read & experienced on the subject ( here and elsewhere), but I’m not gonna rain on your parade.
I’ve driven well over 100 miles on my “new sensors”, and I even had a tire shop scan for them in 2 of the wheels and I’m not having any luck.
I hope yours show up for the game, even though mine seem to be sitting on the bench.

BTW, just for fun, I stopped by my local dealership and asked the service manager about the 2022 sensors and my 2015 system.
He said that they would need to be programmed.
He then had the nerve to say they could do it for only $425.

I just got new sensors too. Drove about 30 miles and they havent worked yet. I asked the installers whats up with that. They called the supplier / manufacturer which told them it should kick in around 80 to 100 miles, and it helps if a lot of that driving is highway / 60mph lol. "Self learning" sensors are slow.
wait ... The moderator modified my reply and deleted my acronym with the letters "A" and "F" at the end of the last sentence? Was that considered profanity here??

This is contrary to everything I’ve read & experienced on the subject ( here and elsewhere), but I’m not gonna rain on your parade.
I’ve driven well over 100 miles on my “new sensors”, and I even had a tire shop scan for them in 2 of the wheels and I’m not having any luck.
I hope yours show up for the game, even though mine seem to be sitting on the bench.

BTW, just for fun, I stopped by my local dealership and asked the service manager about the 2022 sensors and my 2015 system.
He said that they would need to be programmed.
He then had the nerve to say they could do it for only $425.

“Only “ yeah ok . Lol
TPMS imho is more of a hassle than they are worth.

wait ... The moderator modified my reply and deleted my acronym with the letters "A" and "F" at the end of the last sentence? Was that considered profanity here??

I’m not a mod but have sworn on here a couple three times and was not deleted
Maybe their just watching the language a little more .
Best to send them a private message to find out
Welcome to the forum BTW

I’m not a mod but have sworn on here a couple three times and was not deleted
Maybe their just watching the language a little more .
Best to send them a private message to find out
Welcome to the forum BTW
Gotcha. And thank u! Glad to be here 🙂

So speaking of tpms ive hit nearly 100 miles with these new "self learning" sensors and they havent learned a damn thing. Now im getting annoyed. Time to bring the rig back to the truck shop

Gotcha. And thank u! Glad to be here 🙂

So speaking of tpms ive hit nearly 100 miles with these new "self learning" sensors and they havent learned a damn thing. Now im getting annoyed. Time to bring the rig back to the truck shop

I’ve had newer vehicles with no issues regarding TPMS .
I find for whatever reasons with Jeep specifically it is an issue .
I deleted mine with JSCAN awhile ago . When I purchased new wheels didn’t even bother getting sensors put in .
If I’m off road kick the tires at every stretch break . Use the old school pencil style tire pressure gauge to Jeep an eye on things .
One less thing to worry about .When tire sensors operate as they should, great .
When problems arise just delete . It’s honestly something that is not needed.
And I like tech , gadgets , etc but as I mentioned earlier more of a hassle than their worth .

So heres an update with my own TPMS issue.

Ive driven a bit over 100 miles now since getting the "self learning" sensors and they apparently have a learning disability and havent learned jackship yet. Went back to the truck shop and they said their scan tool recognizes them as working and so they reprogrammed them again. Said i have to do anothet 100 miles and if they still dont work, i can either get store credit or they can try ordering OEM ones.. but the sales dude made it sound like getting OEM ones is mission impossible. Ugh.

What could cause them to not register if they are indeed working correctly? ECU or TIPM issue or what?

I did some research . There may be a reset TPMS switch somewhere under the steering wheel . Check owners manual if your year of Jeep has one .
Some TPMS require programming by installer .
Some do not .
For certain does not take 100 miles ? Could you imagine how useless Bluetooth in your vehicle would be if it took a 100 miles to recognize your phone .
For whatever reason the receiver is not recognizing the sensors . They should start reading within 2-3 miles tops .
Never ever heard it taking 100 miles . It either recognizes them or not . I purchased a new vehicle few years ago .
Had 7 km on it . Before I drove off the lot I checked everything to make sure all was good .Sensors were displaying accurate tire pressure .
TBH sounds like mechanic is messing around .