What size driveshaft do I need?

Shawng

Will someone PLEASE just tell me what size driveshaft I need. I have a 2015 jk 4 door with a 3.5 inch lift on 35s. I want to be able to shop for a good price. Adams said put info.in on his site and he'd send me one but that doesn't help me because I can't afford his. Is there just a simple answer. I don't want boot style.mine has ripped

Can someone PLEASE just tell me the approx parameters of what front driveshaft I need for a 2015 jk with a 3.5 inch lift. I don't know all the stuff like 1310 1350 Dana 30 or 44. I also can't afford one that the site custom.makes it and needs measurements. I don't know why people can write a book on here but won't just give a simple answer

• Haha
Reactions: 1o1Proof
I gave you a simple answer, no Jeeps front driveshaft measurement will be the same. If someone would guess and give you measurements to long guess what will happen, you'll break your transfercase when you would hit a bump in the road.

If someone gives you a measurement to short guess what happens, you hit a big bump and your driveshaft comes out of the splines and you have a driveshaft flopping around while your driving down the road beating up everything under your Jeep.

I know I wouldn't want to guess a measurement for you. Here are examples for you so you can measure your front driveshaft.

Last edited:
As @BLACKJKU said you need to measure. I had a YJ and raised a few times. Was young and didn’t think things out very well. Made spacers for the rear axle so DS would be at the right angle, removed the spacers at the transmission skid plate, all was fine till one day I had to slam on the breaks and BAM! Got out looked underneath and the DS slide right out of the transfer case. Guess it was just enough the rear stayed in placed, everthing else moved forward with momentum that it just fell right out.

I understand we all have different levels of skill, that Jeeps can be expensive depending on what we want to do with them. Not to sound rude though sometimes we need to get out and do some of the things suggested such as measuring and figuring it out. Look for a local Jeep club to help etc. I have a JK sitting in the garage and need to replace the rear axle seal, not something I want to do, but need to do it. Still waiting on parts (for some odd reason FedEX keeps shipping it back and forth between Sac and Oregon, been to Oregon twice nice).

As @BLACKJKU said you need to measure. I had a YJ and raised a few times. Was young and didn’t think things out very well. Made spacers for the rear axle so DS would be at the right angle, removed the spacers at the transmission skid plate, all was fine till one day I had to slam on the breaks and BAM! Got out looked underneath and the DS slide right out of the transfer case. Guess it was just enough the rear stayed in placed, everthing else moved forward with momentum that it just fell right out.

I understand we all have different levels of skill, that Jeeps can be expensive depending on what we want to do with them. Not to sound rude though sometimes we need to get out and do some of the things suggested such as measuring and figuring it out. Look for a local Jeep club to help etc. I have a JK sitting in the garage and need to replace the rear axle seal, not something I want to do, but need to do it. Still waiting on parts (for some odd reason FedEX keeps shipping it back and forth between Sac and Oregon, been to Oregon twice nice).
Very well said . I honestly had to take a very long deep breath after OP asked a second time. Haha
To expand a bit . Just because the advertising , writing on box or previous owner says it's a 3 1/2" lift. Doesn't necessarily mean it's exactly 3 1/2". Steel bumpers, winches, steel rock rails etc all effect the height of any lift which in turn can effect the proper length needed for a drive shaft. Even the springs will settle first couple weeks . Single rate / Dual rate etc all will settle a bit differently . Not all lifts and Jeeps are created equally . That said , for accuracy , and what has been already eloquently stated it's necessary to crawl under the Jeep and take a measurement .

How is teraflex the only one making cv joint boot. I need something that will work with a lift. Theres is 184.00 everywhere

I gave you a simple answer, no Jeeps front driveshaft measurement will be the same. If someone would guess and give you measurements to long guess what will happen, you'll break your transfercase when you would hit a bump in the road.

If someone gives you a measurement to short guess what happens, you hit a big bump and your driveshaft comes out of the splines and you have a driveshaft flopping around while your driving down the road beating up everything under your Jeep.

I know I wouldn't want to guess a measurement for you. Here are examples for you so you can measure your front driveshaft.

[/URL]
I was asking because when I called adams he said that if someone doesn't measure but tells him lift and tire size he has popular sizes he sends. And if you listen to video on woods site they say the same thing

I was asking because when I called adams he said that if someone doesn't measure but tells him lift and tire size he has popular sizes he sends. And if you listen to video on woods site they say the same thing

So when they say someone measure, they are referring to someone measuring the Jeeps driveshaft that needs it. Or are you asking for one of us to come and measure yours?

So when they say someone measure, they are referring to someone measuring the Jeeps driveshaft that needs it. Or are you asking for one of us to come and measure yours?
Adams said that many times someone doesn't measure their own shaft so with popular lift and tire combos ( like mine) he knows what size to send them. And I'm not being lazy but the lingo is foreign to me. And if I repeat a question it's because the sites confusing sorry

Adams said that many times someone doesn't measure their own shaft so with popular lift and tire combos ( like mine) he knows what size to send them. And I'm not being lazy but the lingo is foreign to me. And if I repeat a question it's because the sites confusing sorry

But I'm telling you that if you want a driveshaft that fits like it's supposed to then MEASURE it. If you don't know how to measure it I already gave you a link on how to measure your driveshaft for a new one.

Don't get confused by the site then, just call them.

I have a 6" lift on my Jk. My front drive shaft will work for 3.5"- 6" lift and measures 35.5"- 38". The rear drive shaft also works for 3.5"- 6" lift and measures 41.25"- 44.75". Hope this helps.

Reactions: Shawng
Like many have said here. Measure. The front DS is particularly critical because of the vertical angle between the transfer case and the differential. You don't measure the old shaft. You measure the space where the new shaft will between flanges at the transfer case and differential. If you're not quite clear, this guy offers a good video on the process of replacing the shafts:

Reactions: mrjp and BLACKJKU
Why do you say that? I've seen hundreds of mentions that the high angle cv joint from teraflex is a legitimate fix. That's what I'm asking about is why nobody else makes one to accommodate a lifted jeep

Why do you say that? I've seen hundreds of mentions that the high angle cv joint from teraflex is a legitimate fix. That's what I'm asking about is why nobody else makes one to accommodate a lifted jeep

I say that because i've heard the Adam's driveshafts are the best for lifted JK's. Have you checked them out they are for lifted Jeeps?