What did you do to your JK today?

Found them on ebay. I did drill the holes out with a 3/8 drill bit for better fitment/adjusting would be easy.

I bought a black set off eBay, thanks for tip. They're working great.

Reactions: mrjp
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler JK Forum may be compensated.
Finally got time to do plugs and wires on the 3.8l. Not too difficult but man that’s a tight engine bay. Used to my full sized GM with decent room.

Made another quick attempt at the exhaust leak but that will be left for a mechanic. I don’t want to snap off the heads of some old rusty bolts.

Scott

Friday I hard mounted my Roam case to the rack and Saturday put the sealing I “designed” to the test. Seems to do great! We had a touch of snow and all I can say is that I can’t wait for my new Skyclone snorkel head to get here. 😂

Also, check out the rig transformation from what it looked like a year ago.

B788AB7A-73FB-4B2B-B514-B3EB257DC7A4.jpeg

CB38469A-CFC6-47B3-BE94-F30377CFFF4F.jpeg

96905876-89B1-4E4B-BCF7-7A2C56B18B6B.jpeg

14529125-650A-476B-9702-7FB7E55D47DA.jpeg

I just got my Jeep back on the road. I was in the middle of installing new Teraflex ball joints and a stock drag link and tie rod when I got covid in November. I was on oxygen for a month and a half and my Jeep just sat in the garage on jack stands. I'm glad to be back in good health and to have my JK fixed!

I just got my Jeep back on the road. I was in the middle of installing new Teraflex ball joints and a stock drag link and tie rod when I got covid in November. I was on oxygen for a month and a half and my Jeep just sat in the garage on jack stands. I'm glad to be back in good health and to have my JK fixed!
Glad to hear your doing good and back on your feet. I'm sure your rig missed you 🍻🍻

Thank you all for the well wishes. I know COVID and treatments for it cause a lot of insane controversy, but for me I was able to find Ivermectin and Hydroxycholorquine through a local clinic. They helped out a ton. I'm glad to be back to thinking about things like caring for my family, next steps for my Jeep build and things to do this spring and summer.

my thoughts, dont forget the towel on the paint, I use a blue mat like under my back tire, they dont hold dirt. I would use a bungee between both mirrors to hold the lid back against the windshield when in the wild, in case of windy conditions.
Nice. I've only had the hood all the way back twice. No wind, but the bungees would good safeties.

Snagged a boot lace hook on my right foot on the driver's door pocket and decided I really need to do something about the baggy net ting that passes for a pocket. Sacred my wife when she saw me disappear.

• Wow
  • Face Palm
Reactions: mrjp and BLACKJKU
Snagged a boot lace hook on my right foot on the driver's door pocket and decided I really need to do something about the baggy net ting that passes for a pocket. Sacred my wife when she saw me disappear.
I feel you on that!! I got snagged once and rolled under the Jeep

• Face Palm
Reactions: Duster and mrjp
I feel you on that!! I got snagged once and rolled under the Jeep

I don't like the nets at all, but replacement options are few. I'm not a fan of these:
1642692670290.png

because I'm a pretty big guy and I don't want these things rubbing against my leg. I found this SlickRock product, which has great customer ratings and satisfaction all over the interwebz, but they're $30 each!

1642692802944.png

And, if you have a 4-door, you can get the entire 5-piece set (4 doors and the center console net replacement) for only $150!

I got rid of the netting and installed these they are soft and collapse so they stay out of the way when not in use.
I started looking and have a couple of possibilities. There is a Rugged Ridge set I like, and a couple others. I don't want the contents bouncing out, which is what the net is supposed to prevent.