What did you do to your JK today?

Got the rear fender flares put on this weekend. Now just waiting for the roof rack to come in to really pull the build together and have more space (on month 8 of waiting, but who’s counting right? 😅)

View attachment 119309

View attachment 119311
I really like those Black Rhino wheels. And just like yours, Ive got a fullwidth bumper but yet I wanted a stubby. However, after installing my new wheels (similar offset to yours) Im keeping the full width because it looks great with that stance.

Reactions: IndominusHuman
I really like those Black Rhino wheels. And just like yours, Ive got a fullwidth bumper but yet I wanted a stubby. However, after installing my new wheels (similar offset to yours) Im keeping the full width because it looks great with that stance.
These are actually the Rugged Ridge Jesse Spade rims, but they do look similar to the Black Rhino Arches series. I have thought about when the overland build is complete I may get some new rims, but I know I will get tons of rock rash like these have 😂

I did the stubby look for a little bit, but like the overall profile of the full width. Plus it offers slight wheel protection when going on the trails.

Reactions: Threepointsix
No lift. The recons came with a half inch higher suspension than other rubicon’s so with the high fenders I can fit 35s stock 😎

however, when it’s time for new tires I think I may go with a AEV kit and do 37s.
Really, just looks so much taller then mine. I’ve looked at the 2.5” lift from AEV. I just don‘t want to get into a lot of other modifications and would like a little more clearance and the options for 35” tires.

Really, just looks so much taller then mine. I’ve looked at the 2.5” lift from AEV. I just don‘t want to get into a lot of other modifications and would like a little more clearance and the options for 35” tires.

Flat top fenders make it look like it's lifted on a stock JK, with a small lift the flat tops will let you put taller tires on.

I let my co-pilot check out the Jeep before our weekend cruise to grab lunch :)

Road Trip 1.jpg
Road Trip 2.jpg

I know many may find this blasphemous, but I removed the hood bumpers this weekend. The lights on the A-pillar won't allow the hood to come all the way back to the windshield regardless, so I decided to pop them off.

Hood 2.jpg
Hood 1.jpg

Lowe's carries a .5" Hillman plug (Hillman #881281) for $1.08/pair.
Took me longer to get the insulator blanket off the underside of the hood than anything else.
I'll let you know how the new aerodynamics work out.... lol.

I know many may find this blasphemous, but I removed the hood bumpers this weekend. The lights on the A-pillar won't allow the hood to come all the way back to the windshield regardless, so I decided to pop them off.

View attachment 119322View attachment 119321

Lowe's carries a .5" Hillman plug (Hillman #881281) for $1.08/pair.
Took me longer to get the insulator blanket off the underside of the hood than anything else.
I'll let you know how the new aerodynamics work out.... lol.
If you wanna go the super fancy route, they make these. https://vectoroffroad.com/products/ufos

My bumps are useless anyway based on my hood design.