Got hood flutter?

I ended up removing the under hood spring like someone else in this thread this weekend just as a test. Over the past two days I haven't had any flutter and even went well above the speed the flutter normally starts to see, nothing.

I still want to get JL latches because I think they look better than the stock JK ones, but for now that seemed to help.

It's $17 bucks for cryin' out loud! and is from China :(
Will just hold down the hood against the wind from flopping.
Cool your jets dude. I'm not complaining about it. Someone mentioned they didn't know why they put locks on the latches, and I said it would keep thieves from stealing your battery. Then someone said they were easily broken, so I jokingly said that the locks apparently aren't very good. I have no dog in this fight. Go pick an internet fight with someone else.

Reactions: Oscar-Mike
Cool your jets dude. I'm not complaining about it. Someone mentioned they didn't know why they put locks on the latches, and I said it would keep thieves from stealing your battery. Then someone said they were easily broken, so I jokingly said that the locks apparently aren't very good. I have no dog in this fight. Go pick an internet fight with someone else.
We're just messing around are we?

By the way, I never heard of stolen battery on jeeps. Is that a thing?

What year is yours and are they factory hood latches? I don't believe mine have such adjustments.

My Wrangler is a 2018 JK Unlimted Sport. The Jeep was modified before I got it. I noted the adjustments on the latches and thought they were standard on the Wrangler, but I guess not. They are made from heavy gauge aluminum or steel with an adjustment screw on them.

My Wrangler is a 2018 JK Unlimted Sport. The Jeep was modified before I got it. I noted the adjustments on the latches and thought they were standard on the Wrangler, but I guess not. They are made from heavy gauge aluminum or steel with an adjustment screw on them.

Yep, someone put those on your Jeep. I know which ones you're talking about, as a buddy of mine has those same ones.

It was likely done by whoever modified the rig in the first place. There are still things I am discovering with it, I am happy I don't have to put an engine oil and transmission oil cooler on it now. It does have that. That will come handy in the towing department.

I do not personally think stretching hood latches was necessary engineered. The JL has better latches and vents that should eliminate hood flutter, leading my thought process to see hood flutter as a concern of theirs. Not sure why it was never addressed in the JK era.

Hood flutter is not a welcomed addition to Jeep Wrangler ownership, and stretching latches lend itself well to this phenomenon. Like I said, I only experienced it once, like you, have driven too fast too furious and never experienced it. Than BAM, it happened! :)
I experience this daily. I drive I-10 42 miles one way to work and I see it everyday and I cringe!

I fixed mine but adding rubber door trim all around the grill where air can't get under the hood

My old grill had a piece of rubber across the top of it also, when I put the new grill on I didn't put the rubber on it. I haven't noticed any hood flutter without it.

Hood flutter fixed! Installed new JL latches and very happy with them. Would have been happier if Jeep would have given them to me though.

1B4BD07E-F5E2-4A0E-91C4-77E154B73030.jpeg
36EB1BEB-1F9A-443D-8308-DCC47C237ED4.jpeg

Reactions: Oscar-Mike