Got hood flutter?

Can you post a picture? How does it look with the body lines of the JK?

here ya go

3FCB5B5E-991F-44BD-BE75-661DE4BEBAF2.png

Reactions: C_Lowery
I replaced mine with a set of JL latches that I got off of Amazon for 25 bucks. I couldnt stand the flutter everytime an 18 wheeler would pass me on the highway. I have zero movement now.

I have read posts of people keeping their stock latches and removing the spring under the hood but I havent tried it.

20191215_144848.jpg

I replaced mine with a set of JL latches that I got off of Amazon for 25 bucks. I couldnt stand the flutter everytime an 18 wheeler would pass me on the highway. I have zero movement now.

I have read posts of people keeping their stock latches and removing the spring under the hood but I havent tried it.

I think I want to try some JL hood latches now. My only concern is with my hightop fenders if the latch will open enough for me to disengage the latch.

A weird question, but how far do the jl latches have to open for you to be able to slip the bracket off the hood side?

I'll take a pic with them open tomorrow morning when I get home from work.

Welp, I know this is an old thread but, I experienced my first "flutter" today. MIne too was more of a lift than a flutter. It's the first time I noticed it, and I was running about 75 behind a semi. I'll say this, I disliked it enough to move to the slow lane and I'll be looking into aftermarket latches soon.

I got no flutter but by just reading this thread I end up buying one pair from Amazon for $17 bucks . Easy install and I end up liking it! I don't see the need for locks but it came with it.
1582336790517.png
1582416122724.png

Last edited:
Does any of your hand latches have adjustments to take-up slack? I noted on mine that they have adjustments.