ESC and check engine light come on and lose power while towing a trailer

Hogan24

I am having a problem with my 2013 JKU. The Electronic Stability Control (ESC) light and Engine light come on and lose power while towing a trailer. Help

What is this button?

IMG_1641.jpg

Cam Sensor and I've replaced them. and Im still having the same problem

I know on the 3.8's there is supposed to be a paper shim stuck on the end of the cam sensor so it has the proper gap. Does yours have that when you installed it if the 3.6's use it?

Reactions: BLACKJKU
That button is the hill decent button, it shouldn't have anything to do with pulling a trailer. I'm pretty sure it only works in 4 low. it's to replicate going down hill with a manual essentially.

What code is the check engine light throwing when you scan it with a scanner?
It was the Cam Sensor. I replaced both of them. I disconnected the Battery over night to reset the computer. I'm gonna pull the trailer to deer camp and mow. If the same thing happens I'll just unplug my trailer lights and hope for the best. And mess with it when I get home. Hey Thanks for Help. I've never been on a Forum before. This is cool. Thanks Again

Reactions: Chris and BLACKJKU
I tried to drive my Jeep to deer camp with my trailer and before I got out of town the ESC Light and the Engine Light came on and lost power again. I pulled over turned off the ignition then turned it back on the ESC light was gone. So I unplugged my trailer lights and it happened again just a few miles down the road. And another thing it seems to be happening at 70mph. Got off of the interstate and drove about 60mph and the ESC light didn’t come on. Any ideas????

I tried to drive my Jeep to deer camp with my trailer and before I got out of town the ESC Light and the Engine Light came on and lost power again. I pulled over turned off the ignition then turned it back on the ESC light was gone. So I unplugged my trailer lights and it happened again just a few miles down the road. And another thing it seems to be happening at 70mph. Got off of the interstate and drove about 60mph and the ESC light didn’t come on. Any ideas????

Try doing what I suggested on my post no. 15 on this thread. https://wranglerjkforum.net/threads/2011-jku-sputtering-on-cold-start.26250/#post-427075