Electronic Sway Bar Disconnect Removal Question

PumpkinMeatoaf

I haven't noticed any thread on this yet, has anyone refinished their electronic sway bar? I was wanting to powder coat the bars of my sway bar but not sure how difficult or possible it was to disassemble to be able to powder coat the bars.

I don't need any comments on how crappy the electric disconnect is or that I should get rid of it for something else. Just helpful advice on the possibility of getting it powder coated.

Thanks in advance

It has to be able to be disasembled so that it can be replaced in case of damage. It all depends on your skill level, it was either painted or powder coated at one time so it could be done again.

It has to be able to be disasembled so that it can be replaced in case of damage. It all depends on your skill level, it was either painted or powder coated at one time so it could be done again.
I get everything can be disassembled, was looking on how difficult these are to be disassembled.

This should be fairly easy if you have the right tools. I didn't watch the whole video... also don't do what the guy does because he makes some bad choices. Zip ties are for temp applications only sort of thing. However, powder coating probably won't work for this part.

Remember, this part is designed to flex a bit, so any paint or coating you put on needs to be able to do the same thing. I'm not super knowledgeable about powder coatings, but while very versatile, I don't think they are flexible.

That being said, if this guy can do it, most can. The video shows how the swaybar is connected up. What you are going to want to do is simply remove the whole system as he does and then tape off the disconnect system. You may be able to figure out how to remove the individual sides when you get it to that point.

Last edited:
I haven‘t done it, but seems simple enough from what I’ve seen. Some even remove the electric device and replace with a manual device. I may pick one up from a junk yard and do that for my wife’s JK.

Reactions: BigAL07