Dave's 2012 JK Call of Duty Edition

Almost finished with my winch mounting. Need to make a couple brackets to support the mounting tray, and also run wires up to the battery. This was way more work than I thought!

20230925_150646.jpg

Almost finished with my winch mounting. Need to make a couple brackets to support the mounting tray, and also run wires up to the battery. This was way more work than I thought!

View attachment 125273
I’ve got the same front bumper ’COD’ spec, but with the Warn 9000lb which was part of the kit supplied. Wish I’d of researched and got a different brand, ‘cos the key is awkward to swivel right near the corner mount for the light bar. Somehow rain water still seems to seep in from the top of it and there was hardly any grease in the gearbox. For the money it cost, I felt duped. Only thing I’d fit if you haven’t done the wiring yet is to fit an isolated key switch under the front before running it up to the battery. A trick clowns like to pull here is to short the remote plug with a pin, release the cable, run it under your car, over the roof and back too the front toe eye and engage, then watch it destroy the roof and what ever else.
Dealership was no better in using my rig for something other than the repair it was in for, so isolate for piece of mind 👊

Are you referring to this switch? It came in the box with the winch but I'm not sure where to mount it yet. It's fully enclosed so may just zip tie it somewhere. Supposed to get my V-gate terminals tomorrow so hopefully get everything up and running )

20231007_084521.jpg

https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...iZqKgeSBAxXTr1YBHfwCCIcQwg8oAHoECAcQHA&adurl=

Yes, that’s something like it. I was thinking one like I provided above where you can switch on/off only via the key, but I’m sure what you have there will be a good enough deterrent as you’ve already got it. The likelihood is nothing untoward will happen anyway but it’s a good precaution in the case of idle hands and minds eh. You’ll have that winch wired up in no time. It’s straight forward as already been said. Look forward to keeping up with your progress 👊

I bought these half doors a few months ago. Now that rainy season is about over here in Daytona, I went ahead and installed them. And since Halloween is around the corner my wife added a new passenger lol.

20231007_110904.jpg

Installed new headlights today. I thought the halo lights were cool when I first bought them, but the coolness wore off for me. Not only that, but I think because the halo was wired into my running lights and turn signals, it may have been the cause for some of the electrical issues I've been having with the turn signals. Haven't tested that out yet so will have to see. Anyways, I really like the new ones.

20240113_154707.jpg

Reactions: Dirty Dog
Installed new lights on the roof rack. One of the cheap LED that came with the rack got condensation and burned out. These new ones have a vent and are super bright. I really like them. Thinking I may buy another pair and replace the cheap rear work light bar that I added last year.

20240114_133246.jpg

Hey dog, I haven't had a chance to check the pattern out at night yet but will post when I do. I changed out my rear taillights once again (3rd set lol). I'm happy with these ones so far, and looks like my turn signal issues have disappeared at the moment )

20240120_102309.jpg

I'm not sure how to exactly, unless I just take scissors to it. I pulled the door panel back a little but didn't see how it was mounted

I'm not sure how to exactly, unless I just take scissors to it. I pulled the door panel back a little but didn't see how it was mounted
Razor knife...
Pull the mesh so it's stretched. Cut it off. The cut ends will snap back under the trim and vanish.

Hey thanks I'll give it a shot. Going to work on the vette this weekend. Want to paint the calipers. That should be fun lol

Hey thanks I'll give it a shot. Going to work on the vette this weekend. Want to paint the calipers. That should be fun lol
That's my plan, too. I've got the new engine done and it's all good, but I'm still chasing some electrical gremlins. Like, the fog lights don't work. What have you got?

Cut the nets out like you suggested. Looks alot better! I've got an 06' coupe LT3, LS2. Stock except for CAI. Color is Monteray red.

20240203_124550.jpg

Cut the nets out like you suggested. Looks alot better!
It really does. I like those pockets. Where did you get them? I've got some in my JKUR, but they're just plain. Mrs. Dog has saggy sacks in hers and I'd like to upgrade it.
I've got an 06' coupe LT3, LS2. Stock except for CAI. Color is Monteray red.
Get busy with the mods!